00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anyone see Jurassic World?

447 Views | 11 Replies

Anyone see Jurassic World? 2015-08-06 18:27:31

As a long time fan, I have been waiting for a sequel for a long time. JP3 was disappointing story wise, it lacked the sense of control that the first 2 had.

This movie takes place 22 years after the first, InGen is under new management and have a working park. I didn't really like this idea considering the Nublar and San Diego incident. Why would they handle dinosaurs again? And why make more risk by combining the most dangerous dinos in the series?

They make a hybrid called Indominus Rex, a cross between Rex and Velociraptor. This was supposed to bring in more customers. The animal's increased intelligence overpowers it's enclosure, and throughout the whole movie there is this epic chase for it.

I like how they finally brought back that sense of not being able to control nature, and I like how they handled the new park. I am glad that this movie didn't feel like a rehash, it kept it's own vibe.

Character:

Clare is fine, but didn't really have enough background. Why is she obsessed with work? Why does she not get along with her sister? But she is still enjoyable.

Owen is great. He had that Muldoon/Sarah Harding feel. He gave this movie that sense of adventure and depth it needed.

The kids were fine. I love Ty Simpkins's acting, but his character felt a bit cringgy. It's like he was supposed to be this Tim-like character, but was a bit whinny. I felt he couls have been more useful. There are times when he is smart, but never really shows it enough.

His brother had this role model vibe that was really well done, but the short "I am your brother." speeches were a bit rushed.

As a whole, this movie is what I have always wanted it to be. That last fight though :D It's a huge improvement from 3 and I can not wait to see the sequel. I also love how I-Rex didn't look too crazy. It looked as if it could be a real dinosaur.

I thought this was as good as the first 2, I am still having trouble deciding which is the best. This is easily a 10/10.

Response to Anyone see Jurassic World? 2015-08-06 18:47:12

Yeah.... It's been out for 9 weeks..... I've seen it

There already confirmed a sequel so hold on to your butts.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone see Jurassic World? 2015-08-06 18:47:29

This year i missed my final exams because there was Jurassic Park 1 on Tv that time.

Response to Anyone see Jurassic World? 2015-08-06 18:50:19

A looooooooooooooooomg fucking time ago.

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone see Jurassic World? 2015-08-06 19:01:45

Mixed bag for me. The idea of a new Jurassic Park even existing after everything that happened in the previous flicks is unbelievable, really. But hey, we're talking dinosaurs here. It was still fun to watch.

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone see Jurassic World? 2015-08-06 19:16:18

No. It looked shit so I didn't give them my money. We didn't need another Jurassic Park.

Response to Anyone see Jurassic World? 2015-08-06 20:05:49

Felicia Day.

Response to Anyone see Jurassic World? 2015-08-06 23:03:29

It was pretty awesome

Where do you think they should take it next? I am guessing Sorna.

Response to Anyone see Jurassic World? 2015-08-07 00:02:24

At 8/6/15 11:03 PM, Sniper0092 wrote:
It was pretty awesome
Where do you think they should take it next? I am guessing Sorna.

Either that or the rest of the Muertes Archipelago.

Response to Anyone see Jurassic World? 2015-08-07 00:16:33

At 8/7/15 12:06 AM, Loki wrote: the ending was shit.

why would the t-rex not eat the puny humans?

I came to that conclusion as well but who can really say?

maybe it was engineered into it's genetic make-up or whatever

Response to Anyone see Jurassic World? 2015-08-07 12:02:48

Either that or the rest of the Muertes Archipelago.

The Five Deaths, yes....I also liked the idea in The Lost World novel about dinosaurs washing up on the mainland. Maybe they can also use DX.

Response to Anyone see Jurassic World? 2015-08-07 12:55:45

Aye.

It was a bit rubbish.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature