00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tips for drawing tilted heads?

421 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Tips for drawing tilted heads? 2015-08-06 13:38:39

Hey guys, can someone tell me how to do a head that is tilted upwards? I am having some trouble, as you can see. Also, if there is anything else I can work on this sketch\study, let me know!

Tips for drawing tilted heads?

I find it hard to do as well, definitely gets easier with practice, though. Simply put, it's all about understanding the shapes that form the head, and also how they connect to the neck.

I'd recommend checking out this guide , it helped me a lot, also, check out this page , it has a 3d model of a skeleton which you can rotate and zoom at as you please, should help a lot when you're not sure how the structure of the head would look from a certain angle. Do you have a mirror at your workspace? Carrying a small one at your draw desk to look at yourself for reference can always be very useful as well.

I won't redline it, because honestly I'm not sure I can do much better myself right now, but I hope these links help a little bit!

Response to Tips for drawing tilted heads? 2015-08-06 18:12:03

Thank you for the links! They are gonna be very helpful to me! :) And no, I haven't thought of bringing a mirror. I will try that later! :D Again, thank you!

Response to Tips for drawing tilted heads? 2015-08-06 20:13:00

my advice is usually research. find a picture on the internet that is very close to what you are looking to draw and break it down. note the placement and shape of each color and shadow. that is the best art advice I ever got.