00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

one song per minute?

1,484 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

one song per minute? 2015-08-05 15:06:40

what is with the whole "You're making too many download requests - wait at LEAST one minute before making another! " thing, it pops up every time i download a song...

i like to go through search and get a small pile of tabs open with songs i find to download all at once to my mp3 player

this weird limit makes a collection of 30 songs take half a hour to download, not just waiting half a hour eather. i have to babyset the computer clicking download every minute.

why is this a thing now? is there anything i can do to at least get 5 downloads a minute or something?

Response to one song per minute? 2015-08-05 15:56:29

i'm reasonably certain this has to do with limiting the amount of bandwidth you use.

Response to one song per minute? 2015-08-05 16:11:26

how much bandwidth are music downloads taking for such a strict limit? i would perfer a speed limit over the current system, at least then i could cue up a bunch of songs and leave the computer running overnight...

Response to one song per minute? 2015-08-05 18:06:44

At 8/5/15 04:17 PM, AzuMulu wrote:
At 8/5/15 04:11 PM, Slash0mega wrote: how much bandwidth are music downloads taking for such a strict limit? i would perfer a speed limit over the current system, at least then i could cue up a bunch of songs and leave the computer running overnight...
exactly the size of the song. If a song is 6mb, then it uses 6mb of the servers internet bandwidth to deliver it to you.

Multiply 6 MB by the several hundred people downloading songs at that time, plus the several thousand viewing movies or playing games, and you get your answer.

Many forums have limits like this on posting actually.

If it bugs you, maybe ask one of the website admins about it? It could be the servers have been upgraded since the time that was put into place and can handle more load.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to one song per minute? 2015-08-06 11:45:06

At 8/5/15 06:06 PM, samulis wrote:
At 8/5/15 04:17 PM, AzuMulu wrote:
At 8/5/15 04:11 PM, Slash0mega wrote: how much bandwidth are music downloads taking for such a strict limit? i would perfer a speed limit over the : If it

I imagine it's also to stop bots that download a whole bunch of songs at once for illegitamite reasons.