00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Two-Sentence Horror Stories!

717 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Two-Sentence Horror Stories! 2015-08-05 06:21:31

Hi all,

I'm currently working on an animation based on the idea of two-sentence horror stories that are floating around the internet. The problem is there are tons of rubbish ones to filter through. So I'm putting my faith in the wonderful Newgrounds community! I need you guys to post your best two-sentence horror stories below! If I like them, then I'll storyboard and animate them! Each one I choose will get credit in the film!

Here's the ones I have so far, try to keep your ideas simple, the shorter the better and remember they should be able to work on a visual basis too!

1. As I tuck my son into bed he asks: "Daddy, can you check under the bed for monsters?" I pull aside the sheets and see my son lying on the floor. "Daddy, there's something on top of the bed."

2. He marvelled at his two shadows, stretching across the room. After all, there was only one light bulb.

3. The monsters all went to sleep and one by one the stars went out.

4. "James, dinner is ready!" Called his mother from downstairs. Then he head his mother's voice from the closet: "Don't go down there son, I heard it too."

I'm not sure if I'll include the actual words in the animation, but they'll be in the description exactly as you type them, so make sure you're happy with them! Below is a gif of the animation I've done so far, if you want to see more then look at the news posts on my page.

IMPORTANT: Please try to keep this thread tidy, or I might miss the stories amongst all the posts! Just reply here with your story and I'll PM those that I choose to include. Depending on how popular it is I may do an episode two, so don't worry if you miss out this time!

Good luck!

PS. I'll also be looking for a composer to put some music together towards the end of the project, so if you're any good at subtle horror music, then hit me up! Any questions then PM me in order to keep the thread as clean as poss.

Two-Sentence Horror Stories!

www.linktcone.co.uk

|~ LinkTCOne ~|

BBS Signature

Response to Two-Sentence Horror Stories! 2015-08-06 11:18:56

Here's my fav:

I can't move, breathe, speak or hear and it's so dark all the time. If I knew it would be this lonely, I would have been cremated instead.

And I think the fourth one is based on a thread from r/nosleep and it kinda ruined the point of it. How about something like this:

I was woken up in the middle of the night by the voice of my mother crying for help in the kitchen. As I ran down the stairs she grabbed me from behind and said ''don't go down there, I heard it too''.

Looking forward to your animation. The gif looks great!

Response to Two-Sentence Horror Stories! 2015-08-06 11:25:00

Yeah, I think you're right - it works better with the cry for help, I'll see if my VA's will record some alternative lines.

I like the other idea, not really sure how that one would work as an animation - any ideas?

www.linktcone.co.uk

|~ LinkTCOne ~|

BBS Signature

Response to Two-Sentence Horror Stories! 2015-08-06 11:47:32

I think maybe an extreme close up of an eye opening, then cut out each time revealing more of a person, floating in nothing, just pure blackness, the person doesn't move at all, except quivering lips maybe the occasional noise - like when someone is fighting of pain in an anime that "guh" kind of sound, and apart from that just silence!

That kind of creeps me out.

www.linktcone.co.uk

|~ LinkTCOne ~|

BBS Signature

Response to Two-Sentence Horror Stories! 2015-08-07 05:45:54

Dun, dun, duuuuunnn!!!

www.linktcone.co.uk

|~ LinkTCOne ~|

BBS Signature