00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Danielr1203 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

LOVE

2,257 Views | 32 Replies

LOVE 2015-07-31 18:45:23 (edited 2015-07-31 18:53:45)

do you think love is a weakness? do you think that it makes a person emotional, prone to sensitivity and makes them lose sight of what's really important?

do you think love creates an imbalance in a persons body/soul, where they're not focused and goal orientated? do you think there are better things to live for than the feeling of love? like success, accomplishment and power?

do you think those who follow a path of love become over annoying, stupid, benign and weak? do you think love could be used as a form of coercion and renders a person weak willed/stupid?

is love inherently selfish, enabling them to do brash or wicked things in order to enrich their feeling of love?

perhaps acts of love can be a beautiful thing, but to be in a state of love would make a person a bit goofy.

are goofs overly happy/loving?

do you think love should be seen and not heard?

is love giving yourself away, to feel happy, and assuming your joyous freedom will be accepted when really you should be concise, careful and tactful?

is love kind of stupid? should we be greater than love? is love something that is reserved for the weak/sad/puppies?

too much of anything is a bad thing, but can you get too much respect?

Do you want to love your enemies, or do you want to destroy them?

or would you prefer your enemies crush you because you have mislaid your trust in assuming you will succeed. only to find out that you weren't ready.

(bad guys = need to be crushed)

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-07-31 19:00:50

This is a lot of questions man.

At 7/31/15 06:45 PM, swaenK wrote: do you think love is a weakness? do you think that it makes a person emotional, prone to sensitivity and makes them lose sight of what's really important?

I think love can be a weakness, but it isn't a default weakness. For the rest, it depends. People have differences, some obvious, some subtle.

do you think love creates an imbalance in a persons body/soul, where they're not focused and goal orientated? do you think there are better things to live for than the feeling of love? like success, accomplishment and power?

No, but it can make them distracted if they let love consume their life. There's more to life then love... or pain for that matter.

do you think those who follow a path of love become over annoying, stupid, benign and weak? do you think love could be used as a form of coercion and renders a person weak willed/stupid?

No. If someone is manipulating someone's infatuation, that's not love.

is love inherently selfish, enabling them to do brash or wicked things in order to enrich their feeling of love?

No, people are inherently selfish.

perhaps acts of love can be a beautiful thing, but to be in a state of love would make a person a bit goofy.

People are stupid.

No idea. How can someone that's happy be annoying, unless they're rubbing it in your face?

As long as stays under the general noise level, I don't care.

is love giving yourself away, to feel happy, and assuming your joyous freedom will be accepted when really you should be concise, careful and tactful?

Ask your mother.

is love kind of stupid? should we be greater than love? is love something that is reserved for the weak/sad/puppies?

Being alive is stupid. We're juryrigged creatures bumping along in the dark. There is no instruction manual, and we will not survive in the long term. We have to find our own answers.

too much of anything is a bad thing, but can you get too much respect?

Too much water and you'll drown. Too much heat and you'll fry. Too much cold and you'll freeze. Too much respect and you're asking for a fall.

Do you want to love your enemies, or do you want to destroy them?

I'd rather my enemies go away or turn them into my allies. That probably won't happen. At least my 'enemies' are small potatoes in the big scheme of things.

And screw you very much for asking all these questions. The hell is wrong with me for answering them all...

Response to LOVE 2015-07-31 19:14:48

At 7/31/15 07:10 PM, Piggler wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rWunrNejmA

I was more so thinking that garbage they teach you in elementary so you don't grow up killing your neighbors cat because it keeps shitting in your flower beds.

"we should all love each other and get along"

I 100% agree we should get along, but please, don't fucking touch me.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-07-31 19:19:36

i agree love2d is the best engine of all time. unity and unreal can eat fat loser ducks and die

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-07-31 19:26:25 (edited 2015-07-31 19:36:05)

At 7/31/15 07:00 PM, someaveragechap wrote: This is a lot of questions man.

not that many questions. do you think the concept of love can leave a person feeling depressed?

say a person is completely infatuated with loving a person. they move to a different city. they're left feeling alone and empty. why would you put all of your fish in that one barrel, giving your heart to that individual instead of being self sufficient.

sufficient, do you suffice?

ultimately: why do you want it at all. it's dumbed down, watery, thin, not very filling. to not be happy, is to accept what ever is. to be happy is to live in a moment, to fiercely be searching for your next fix. which may or may not come...

rather just be.

it's not entirely a bad thing, for sure. I just feel that if you're loving too much you're not focusing on the bigger picture. not dying.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-07-31 19:47:13

At 7/31/15 07:19 PM, TheMajormel wrote: i agree love2d is the best engine of all time. unity and unreal can eat fat loser ducks and die

where is the love bro?

https://soundcloud.com/tropikult/sets/p-po-we-3-the-sun

(this music is so annoying just an FYI)

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-07-31 21:36:10 (edited 2015-07-31 21:36:29)

All of those questions describe an intense, selfish, over-emotional and immature type of love called "Limerence."

"Limerence" is the intense feeling of emotional attraction you feel for someone in the first (on average) 18 months of a relationship or crush.

It's very important not to get the two confused. The condition of being limerent is exactly why I think people who get married in their 20s are fucking retarded.
Real love, although a broad term with many objective definitions, has nothing to do with yourself, or how good you feel for feeling that way for someone.

Response to LOVE 2015-07-31 23:28:45

I believe love for the right things is very essential to progress through anything in life. If someone doesn't love themselves first, then they will most likely not love anyone/anything else.

Love just doesn't have to be a person to person thing either; you can have love for anything. Love your job, love to read, love to go out, love to draw, love to game etc.

Without a love for something, life is pretty empty/meaningless IMO

God is Love <3

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 00:04:47

As far as Im aware love is just a chemical producted in the brain called oxycontin. Im not letting drugs get in the way of my thinking. I dont belief in "love in first site" either

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 14:53:06 (edited 2015-08-01 14:58:51)

At 7/31/15 09:36 PM, PussyShark wrote: All of those questions describe an intense, selfish, over-emotional and immature type of love called "Limerence."

"Limerence" is the intense feeling of emotional attraction you feel for someone in the first (on average) 18 months of a relationship or crush.

It's very important not to get the two confused. The condition of being limerent is exactly why I think people who get married in their 20s are fucking retarded.
Real love, although a broad term with many objective definitions, has nothing to do with yourself, or how good you feel for feeling that way for someone.

I am not referencing the feeling of love you have for someone. I don't think "limerence" ever really has to die in a relationship. The feeling you feel when you're first with that person can carry on till the very end, if it really means something. That childish "I'll kill myself if you leave" may never go away. even after 3 years, after 10 years... I'm not sure what that is, but it's not limerence.

The word isn't generic as it is not in my spell check library.

Loooove hurts. FUCKING HURTS.

LOVE

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 15:07:37

At 7/31/15 06:45 PM, swaenK wrote: do you think love is a weakness?

Intimate love, yes.

do you think that it makes a person emotional, prone to sensitivity and makes them lose sight of what's really important?

In some cases. People will stay in abusive relationships purely because they "love" someone.

do you think love creates an imbalance in a persons body/soul, where they're not focused and goal orientated?

Not necessarily. Plenty of successful people are married.

do you think there are better things to live for than the feeling of love? like success, accomplishment and power?

Matter of choice. It seems I'm going more down the path of chasing personal accomplishment. Some people would call that selfish but those people are stupid.

do you think those who follow a path of love become over annoying, stupid, benign and weak?

If that's all they cling to, yeah.

do you think love could be used as a form of coercion and renders a person weak willed/stupid?

Again, abusive relationships.

Abusive relationships.

Yes.

No. Sometimes goofy people are severely depressed and hiding it.

I don't know?

OK I'm bored of answering.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 15:20:32

At 8/1/15 03:07 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote:
Intimate love, yes.

when you're putting your dick in a girl, you get intimate. you get possessive, you get crazy in your head. you start doing weird and unusual things if you think someone's fucking with her. You get sick in the head. intimacy is necessary in a relationship and not necessarily classified as love.

do you think that it makes a person emotional, prone to sensitivity and makes them lose sight of what's really important?
In some cases. People will stay in abusive relationships purely because they "love" someone.

abuse isn't love. if someone doesn't care about you, cheats on you when you're not around, hits you when they're angry, that isn't love. that's just abuse. they will tell you they love you, but really all they love is themselves, and having you around so they can continue to abuse you.

do you think love creates an imbalance in a persons body/soul, where they're not focused and goal orientated?
Not necessarily. Plenty of successful people are married.

people get married not because of love, which is a contributing factor, but because it's civil. there is honour in marriage, it's an institution some people think. what's the point of fucking someone new every night? what does it serve? you should be able to get just as much if not more enjoyment out of the same beautiful partner of your "desire". Marriage is a celebration of union. A beautiful thing surely.

do you think there are better things to live for than the feeling of love? like success, accomplishment and power?
Matter of choice. It seems I'm going more down the path of chasing personal accomplishment. Some people would call that selfish but those people are stupid.

I think you have to desire to win, in order to survive. If you begin to start caring about other people more than yourself, you're going to die. I am not saying that you should put yourself above them, necessarily, but at least keep a general margin of what is logical. Going to Syria to fight ISIS to save children, may just ultimately end in your death. Yeah you love those kids, but it's not rational. It's an ideal, just like love is an ideal, which means it's not fool proof or always possible.

do you think those who follow a path of love become over annoying, stupid, benign and weak?
If that's all they cling to, yeah.

Heh "clingers"

do you think love could be used as a form of coercion and renders a person weak willed/stupid?
Again, abusive relationships.

ci ci

Abusive relationships.

Yes.

Yeah man they think that the feeling of jubilation is what makes a person good/holy. Their positive attitude can make a difference! Maybe not.

No. Sometimes goofy people are severely depressed and hiding it.

asdf?

I don't know?

OK I'm bored of answering.

YOU WOULD QUIT

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 15:32:33

At 8/1/15 12:04 AM, finicalprickle wrote: As far as Im aware love is just a chemical producted in the brain called oxycontin. Im not letting drugs get in the way of my thinking. I dont belief in "love in first site" either

Look guys! We have an edge-master here!

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 15:44:44 (edited 2015-08-01 15:51:12)

At 7/31/15 06:45 PM, swaenK wrote: makes them lose sight of what's really important?... like success, accomplishment and power?

What can one accomplish that's so great? Success is only a means to attaining love.

What good is money if all you can do with it is buy more food, or a different configuration of metal and plastic to drive around in or go online with? Buy some videos of people pretending to do things, to keep yourself momentarily amused?

What's the sense?

"Accomplishment" is an illusion anyway. It's just an ideal that's been instilled in us to keep us subservient to the ruling class. So we chase the carrot and they have something to trade pieces of to stay billionaires. None of us will ever be "successful" in the sense of not having to worry about money.

Worrying about money is what's supposed to keep us working. We can't settle down and enjoy life like the people who run the companies, or invest in them. We have to worry about what we'll do next to stay alive, or we'll be homeless and starving. That's how the system works, because the people who don't have to worry about it designed it that way.

Love is the other distraction. A thing to hope to find, that most people never will, because it's reserved for the most attractive and monetarily successful among us. No one can compete with a lawyer or a doctor with a good metabolism. So it's just a dream to be taunted by. Another unattainable goal to keep worrying about and hoping for, so that we don't storm the boigs.

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 15:46:07

At 8/1/15 03:44 PM, soupflavoredsoup wrote:
At 7/31/15 06:45 PM, swaenK wrote: makes them lose sight of what's really important?... like success, accomplishment and power?
What can one accomplish that's so great? Success is only a means to attaining love.

I think if you ever truly achieved grace you would know. When you got a taste of winning, of knowing what success feels like, you would know.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 15:56:51

At 8/1/15 03:46 PM, swaenK wrote:
At 8/1/15 03:44 PM, soupflavoredsoup wrote:
I think if you ever truly achieved grace you would know. When you got a taste of winning, of knowing what success feels like, you would know.

I had the high score on a pinball machine in college. I was Grand Champ, and I maintained the title consistently until the machine was replaced with a different one. I know what it's like to win. It doesn't mean much without someone to share in it.

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 15:59:07

At 8/1/15 03:56 PM, soupflavoredsoup wrote: I had the high score on a pinball machine in college. I was Grand Champ, and I maintained the title consistently until the machine was replaced with a different one. I know what it's like to win. It doesn't mean much without someone to share in it.

So, if you became a doctor, worked hard at it for 10 years, and finally "did it", passed the bar exam or w/e and opened your own private practice and you saved your first life the next day. That wouldn't feel like success?

i'm not sure if something that can be easily replaced would be considered "success" in the conventional sense.

Or dreaming of being a pro football player, and finally making it. That'd be nice.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 16:15:27

At 8/1/15 03:59 PM, swaenK wrote: So, if you became a doctor, worked hard at it for 10 years, and finally "did it", passed the bar exam or w/e and opened your own private practice and you saved your first life the next day. That wouldn't feel like success?

I wouldn't be a doctor, but I can imagine doing the same thing with video games (making them, not playing them). I've got 10 years or so invested in a stupid Flash game I've been working on in various forms for about that long. If I ever finish it and put it out, I could get on the front page of this site. Best case scenario, I could get an IGDA award or something, to tell me I did a good job. Would it feel good? Fuck yeah, of course it would. But I'd walk off that stage at the con and sit down at my table next to jealous strangers, and drive home alone, to sit in my room alone, staring at the award. Maybe make a journal entry about it. Say, "Dear Diary, Well I did it. I made the thing I wanted to make since I was a little kid. I've done it. Blah blah blah feels pretty good". I'll show the trophy or certificate or whatever to my dog, and she'll probably sniff it, but she won't know what it means. Then I'll masturbate and go to sleep. Then I'll wake up alone again.

I'd rather fail and have a loving wife who didn't mind than succeed and be alone.

That's way more challenging though, if not impossible. So I'm working on the game for now. So I can feel good about getting it done at all. Maybe have something to tell people I did, should anyone ever ask. Something to list on job applications to make my lengthy periods of unemployment seem less bad, so I can go be responsible and work in a store, so that I'm earning my meals instead of being a reprehensible leech, irresponsibly siphoning money from a parent while I try endlessly to get my shit together.

It'll feel kind of good to tell people I'm employed, when I get that part sorted. But I'll still be alone. So when I die, there won't be that much to look back on beyond the times when I was younger and had friends around to play action figures with and stuff. That was decades ago now, but it was the closest i'll get to what I really wanted, I suspect.

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 16:20:54 (edited 2015-08-01 16:21:54)

At 8/1/15 04:15 PM, soupflavoredsoup wrote: I wouldn't be a doctor, but I can imagine doing the same thing with video games (making them, not playing them). I've got 10 years or so invested in a stupid Flash game I've been working on in various forms for about that long. If I ever finish it and put it out, I could get on the front page of this site. Best case scenario, I could get an IGDA award or something, to tell me I did a good job. Would it feel good? Fuck yeah, of course it would. But I'd walk off that stage at the con and sit down at my table next to jealous strangers, and drive home alone, to sit in my room alone, staring at the award. Maybe make a journal entry about it. Say, "Dear Diary, Well I did it. I made the thing I wanted to make since I was a little kid. I've done it. Blah blah blah feels pretty good". I'll show the trophy or certificate or whatever to my dog, and she'll probably sniff it, but she won't know what it means. Then I'll masturbate and go to sleep. Then I'll wake up alone again.

yeah this is one of those things where you can be more famous in death than life. you succeeded in your dreams, but never got recognition/fame/glory. In 100 years your flash game could be revered as revolutionary/game changing, but people just weren't ready to see it yet/understand the glory.

I'd rather fail and have a loving wife who didn't mind than succeed and be alone.

I don't know a woman who would marry a failure though. and if they would, they're desperate. if only a little, you will probably get divorced once they climb out of their hole they were in before they married you.

That's way more challenging though, if not impossible. So I'm working on the game for now. So I can feel good about getting it done at all. Maybe have something to tell people I did, should anyone ever ask. Something to list on job applications to make my lengthy periods of unemployment seem less bad, so I can go be responsible and work in a store, so that I'm earning my meals instead of being a reprehensible leech, irresponsibly siphoning money from a parent while I try endlessly to get my shit together.

the whole world is one big leech. you can't feel guilty for leeching all the time. if you're a permanent leech yes, but for example I know a guy who leeched off his rich uncle, who gave him $45000 to start up his own company, and now he has facebook pictures of lambo's in his garage and private jets to vegas. This isn't necessarily my kind of success but it is for this guy, and I am sure he is happy that all his hard work paid off.

It'll feel kind of good to tell people I'm employed, when I get that part sorted. But I'll still be alone. So when I die, there won't be that much to look back on beyond the times when I was younger and had friends around to play action figures with and stuff. That was decades ago now, but it was the closest i'll get to what I really wanted, I suspect.

I don't have any male friends, it just doesn't fly. I have male comrades though.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 16:37:17

At 8/1/15 03:20 PM, swaenK wrote:
At 8/1/15 03:07 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote:
Intimate love, yes.
when you're putting your dick in a girl, you get intimate. you get possessive, you get crazy in your head. you start doing weird and unusual things if you think someone's fucking with her. You get sick in the head. intimacy is necessary in a relationship and not necessarily classified as love.

Personally I don't care if my fwb is parking another dude. I don't romantically love her, I care about her but I don't love her. She can do whatever tf she wants.

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 16:41:44 (edited 2015-08-01 16:42:34)

At 8/1/15 04:37 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: fwb

fwb?

wtf?

and I do. I really do...

I am exceptionally committed in a relationship, I don't wander at all. IF i am in a relationship.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 16:42:02

At 8/1/15 04:20 PM, swaenK wrote: I don't know a woman who would marry a failure though. and if they would, they're desperate. if only a little, you will probably get divorced once they climb out of their hole they were in before they married you.

I wouldn't want a woman who'd leave me for better bragging rights and nicer accessories anyway.

Unfortunately, that's probably as close as I stand any reasonable chance of getting to finding someone who's legitimately interested. So I have to make sure my game is some kind of epic success or that I seem like I'm a big deal on the Internet when it comes out. (Or the next one. Or whatever.)

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 16:46:41

At 8/1/15 04:42 PM, soupflavoredsoup wrote:
At 8/1/15 04:20 PM, swaenK wrote: I don't know a woman who would marry a failure though. and if they would, they're desperate. if only a little, you will probably get divorced once they climb out of their hole they were in before they married you.
I wouldn't want a woman who'd leave me for better bragging rights and nicer accessories anyway.

Unfortunately, that's probably as close as I stand any reasonable chance of getting to finding someone who's legitimately interested. So I have to make sure my game is some kind of epic success or that I seem like I'm a big deal on the Internet when it comes out. (Or the next one. Or whatever.)

"baby, I have 5 million youtube hits, you don't understand. There's people who need me, without them they would flounder into an abyss of boredom. I am VIP"

I think of marriage as someone to grow old with. Eventually, your testosterone is going to run dry. True you could take steroids, true, you could, but even then that's just inching you closer and closer to death everytime you take the needle. Just look at rowdy piper, dead at 61 of heart attack. My friend knows tooooo many guys dead from heart attacks caused by steroid abuse. Bigger guys who went bigger, and bam. Heart attack.

ANYWAY, what was the point again?

If your woman would leave you for someone better after you were married, as if she was a trophy wife. that's wrong. I don't really believe in that paradigm, there has to be something better. But you at least have to have something for her to relish with your mustard and ketchup.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 16:53:52

It's certainly a logical weakness but if it makes you happy then who cares

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 17:00:57

At 8/1/15 04:53 PM, Jester wrote: It's certainly a logical weakness but if it makes you happy then who cares

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20811288,00.html

the people you kill when you're driving drunk, depressed as fuck

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 17:08:30 (edited 2015-08-01 17:08:59)

At 8/1/15 05:00 PM, swaenK wrote:
At 8/1/15 04:53 PM, Jester wrote: It's certainly a logical weakness but if it makes you happy then who cares
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20811288,00.html

the people you kill when you're driving drunk, depressed as fuck

is this a joke or do you genuinely think love inherently leads to drunk driving

not picking up what you're getting at with the article

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 17:12:01 (edited 2015-08-01 17:14:22)

At 8/1/15 05:08 PM, Jester wrote: is this a joke or do you genuinely think love inherently leads to drunk driving

The article is why love CAN be stupid. If you read it she was "really happy" and it wasn't necessarily a good thing at all.

All I am saying is that believing in ideals isn't going to get you anywhere. Potentially right into a box in the ground. Slow and steady is really the only method of progress.

For example; my friend's mother became very depressed when his older brother died in a sky diving accident. She was bed ridden for years, became obese etc. Perfectly fine and healthy up until then......

Also, I seen a river otter dive into a drain pipe to save her young that got sucked in. :( it was sad. the father was like "fuck no don't do it you stupid bitch" and she did it anyway. he survived... I am sure that was a horrible day for him.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 17:31:24

At 8/1/15 04:41 PM, swaenK wrote:
At 8/1/15 04:37 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: fwb
fwb?

Really

BBS Signature

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 17:35:00 (edited 2015-08-01 17:36:32)

At 8/1/15 05:12 PM, swaenK wrote:
At 8/1/15 05:08 PM, Jester wrote: is this a joke or do you genuinely think love inherently leads to drunk driving

The article is why love CAN be stupid. If you read it she was "really happy" and it wasn't necessarily a good thing at all.

She didn't die because she was happy; she died because she was a fucking idiot who decided sharing a song on social media while driving was a good idea. If she was sharing Mad World and telling everyone how sad it makes her, things would have gone exactly the same. In addition, love had nothing to do with any part of that, so the point is null unless you're arguing that anything that makes you happy isn't necessarily good, in which case I'd agree, but say that as long as you're practicing it in a harmless way that doesn't disturb anybody, then it's not bad.

If dressing up in a sailor suit and jerking off to Barbie dolls makes somebody happy, then godspeed to them as long as they do it privately and aren't hurting anybody, but the woman in the article did an inherently unsafe activity and made herself a danger to herself and others, and then she died.

also reiterating that I don't know why you brought the article up since it had nothing to do with love. If she was texting her husband or something then it'd be more valid, but she was sharing a song she liked and making a shitty joke.

Response to LOVE 2015-08-01 17:40:43

Whisper words of wisdom, love is all you need

fuck

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature