00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ad revenue

697 Views | 11 Replies

I have uploaded a unity 3D game and subscribed for ad revenue program.

How much time it takes to reflect ad revenue in my account newgrounds?

P.S. : The game already has 40 hits but nothing reflacted in earnings yet.

Response to Ad revenue 2015-07-22 08:47:13

At 7/22/15 07:48 AM, monish97 wrote:
P.S. : The game already has 40 hits but nothing reflacted in earnings yet.

Usually revenue is generated per thousands views or is generated slightly faster if there are a few clicks on the ad themselves.

Response to Ad revenue 2015-07-22 08:51:35

For every half million views you earn around 35¢
Thats a cool seven gumballs

BBS Signature

Response to Ad revenue 2015-07-22 16:33:25

At 7/22/15 08:51 AM, tox wrote: For every half million views you earn around 35¢

7 gumballs for 35 cents?

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to Ad revenue 2015-07-22 16:47:29

At 7/22/15 04:33 PM, generalwinter wrote:
At 7/22/15 08:51 AM, tox wrote: For every half million views you earn around 35¢

Shit man, I can only get one gumball for 25 cents.
What perfect world is thou living in?

7 gumballs for 35 cents?

My thoughts exactly man.

Response to Ad revenue 2015-07-22 17:03:53

I thought it was bad but didn't think it was THAT bad.

BBS Signature

Response to Ad revenue 2015-07-22 17:22:14

At 7/22/15 07:48 AM, monish97 wrote: I have uploaded a unity 3D game and subscribed for ad revenue program.

Oh cool.
... Oh it's a pong clone.

How much time it takes to reflect ad revenue in my account newgrounds?

Let's be realistic here: making copies of simple games made ever since people could buy household computers isn't going to get you views, which won't generate ad revenue.

Forget the ad revenue. You're a beginner, so make games because you like making games.

BBS Signature

Response to Ad revenue 2015-08-17 12:21:16 (edited 2015-08-17 12:23:59)

Earnings average around $0.30 to $1.00 for every 1000 views, but they vary from project to project, and go up and down with the ad market and stuff. But hey if you get viral and earn around 200,000 views to your ads, that's your first $100! :)

Pre-roll ads work better than in-game ads. They are about $4 per 1000 ad views.

Good luck! Don't let the numbers worry you. You can absolutely reach those numbers as long as you keep on moving forward ;)

Hi, you! You're awesome, probably! <3 Have a great day!

Response to Ad revenue 2015-08-18 15:42:29

At 7/22/15 05:22 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Forget the ad revenue. You're a beginner, so make games because you like making games.

Solid advice. If only most budding game-developers (and even programmers in general) followed this advice, the average quality of games (and software) would improve dramatically.

Too often people have no true knack or desire for it and just see the $$$ in their eyes.

The only people making good games are those who themselves have a desire for game-making. You can have that desire and possibly make money off it although there's never any guarantees. Nor is a better game necessarily profitable. But you should do it because you like to make games, not because of the $$$, at least at first.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Ad revenue 2015-08-18 18:21:31

At 8/18/15 03:42 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 7/22/15 05:22 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Forget the ad revenue. You're a beginner, so make games because you like making games.
Solid advice. If only most budding game-developers (and even programmers in general) followed this advice, the average quality of games (and software) would improve dramatically.

Too often people have no true knack or desire for it and just see the $$$ in their eyes.

I'm surprised to see this thread bumped.

I had to have a look at the user's submissions ... and the pong clone is still their only game. It's a shame that some new people are in it for the $$$ like you said, rather than making games and trying new ideas.

BBS Signature

Response to Ad revenue 2015-08-19 01:49:13

Adult realization time!: get a job

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Ad revenue 2015-08-19 07:06:40

At 8/18/15 06:21 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I'm surprised to see this thread bumped.

I had to have a look at the user's submissions ... and the pong clone is still their only game. It's a shame that some new people are in it for the $$$ like you said, rather than making games and trying new ideas.

It was on the top of page 2 and the last reply wasn't that long ago and it wasn't one of those stupid non-contributing or years-long bumps so I guess I saw it as still relevant.

Plus when I read what you wrote, it really resonated with me because that's exactly my point of view on the subject.

It annoys me greatly how many people go into programming or game-making with the idea of huge $$$ in their eyes and they really have no knack or interest for it. It's not a new thing -- people have been doing it for years -- although it becomes more predominant over time.

If someone has no interest in it they shouldn't be doing it, period. It's not like a service that people need doing whether people like doing it or not, such as garbage collecting. I'm not sure if many garbage collectors are passionate about their jobs nor do I care because it's a useful and necessary service regardless. The same cannot be said for computer software or games. Only people who like making computer software or games should even be making them.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here