00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015

21,262 Views | 340 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-30 23:39:14

Also, sorry for the incredibly delayed responses, everyone. I had a long day at work, haha. XD

What? Us musicians don't have REAL jobs!

@Ylmir You're the one who's correct. There's still about a day left! ^^
Also, sorry for the incredibly delayed responses, everyone. I had a long day at work, haha. XD

Thanks ! At least I'll be able to do the mastering tomorrow as planned ! :)
And don't worry, at least, I worked a little bit more on it tonight - 5:40 a.m. right now where I live xD

Just kidding, actually I compose music during the night because I'm currently on holidays (Ceevro, does "student" count as a "real job" ? xD), and I can get better mixes without trucks circulating in front of my window...

Sentient-ish thingy that likes making music. | My audio submissions | My Youtube channel

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-30 23:46:04

At 7/30/15 11:39 PM, Ceevro wrote:

I know. I don't regard cashiering at a grocery store as a real job either, haha.

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 00:41:59

i thought we only had to submit one song? either way i don't have another good song to post at least not for a little while

So my submission took more than i expected, i wanted it to be top notch heh This time i experimented with languages!! have a classic rock song about the isolation of the Berlin wall! (Or well, that's what i tried to express, my sis helped me to get the lyrics right since she is the one who knows to speak German)

Music, Lyrics and Production: NyxTheShield (Felipe Montero)
Main Vocals: Valentina Montero (My Sis)
Back Vocals: Constanza Gac (Sys's friend lol)

I hope you enjoy it ^^

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 00:48:38

At 7/31/15 12:41 AM, bdog705 wrote: i thought we only had to submit one song? either way i don't have another good song to post at least not for a little while

Nope! There are 3 rounds to this competition. Please read the rules next time, man. It's not too late, though. You still have 24 hours left. ;)

@NyxTheShield Okay. I just need you to confirm for me that you wrote the lyrics (even though your sister sung them), please.

BBS Signature

At 7/31/15 12:48 AM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 7/31/15 12:41 AM, bdog705 wrote: i thought we only had to submit one song? either way i don't have another good song to post at least not for a little while
Nope! There are 3 rounds to this competition. Please read the rules next time, man. It's not too late, though. You still have 24 hours left. ;)

@NyxTheShield Okay. I just need you to confirm for me that you wrote the lyrics (even though your sister sung them), please.

Yes i did, let me seek for the doc where i got them (the lyrics are actually inspired in a poem i wrote in spanish some time ago, that went to english and google translate (But my sis said it was horrid, expected xD) so i sit down with her to translate them to german)

EDIT: I am retarded, didn't save the file xdddd Would the .flp project file suffice?? If not let me transcribe them down back. didn't actually think i would need to post them.

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 01:08:57

At 7/31/15 12:53 AM, NyxTheShield wrote: Yes i did, let me seek for the doc where i got them (the lyrics are actually inspired in a poem i wrote in spanish some time ago, that went to english and google translate (But my sis said it was horrid, expected xD) so i sit down with her to translate them to german)

EDIT: I am retarded, didn't save the file xdddd Would the .flp project file suffice?? If not let me transcribe them down back. didn't actually think i would need to post them.

It's okay. I'll trust you on this one. After all, it would've been easy enough to forge the poem. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 01:14:42

I got the notice that I didn't upload this for the Knockout round. I thought I had uploaded it a couple days ago, but maybe I submitted it in the wrong topic. Either or here it is again and thanks for listening my fellow NG musicians. \m/

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 01:42:56

I just did some "last time fixes" ,and updated my track. Now it won't suck (too much).

Musicians make music , producers make products. * drops mic :D

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 01:44:22

Time to start working!

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 03:33:12

Just a little time left. Oooh this sensation. *grin*

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 04:35:52

At 7/30/15 11:39 PM, Ceevro wrote:

LOL That made my day man! :D

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 07:14:03

Events have transpired that have caused me not to have the time to write a new song for this competition. I apologize, thank you for the opportunity

^(' ')^ The God ^(' ')^

Here's my second submission fellas:

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 08:32:29

I almost goofed really bad! Submitted to the NGADM audition page but not here. (this track was written for the Knockout round but hopefully I can use it there as well?)

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 08:38:34

I'm going to try and get mine in tonight! It's been a long week, so I haven't gotten to put in as much time as I'd like.

At 7/31/15 12:16 AM, TaintedLogic wrote: This is you 24-hour warning, everyone. There are still 42 people who haven't submitted a song for the KO-round, including:

@Adieuwinter
@Aleksander91
@ARentz07
@Bardash
@Bdog705
@BERSERKYD
@BeyondtheBeyond
@Bluebooblue
@BrandonShelton
@Crueldeity
@Crypt-GD
@CzeryWassierSwizier
@DeadlyAlchemy
@Deliverance84
@Esdeer
@Feywer96
@Flletcher
@IndustryStandard
@Jambrother2
@Jurgen
@Keitomine
@Kinupsi
@LloydeSorrow
@LunacyEcho
@MaestroMikes
@MarauderChief
@Miguel-is-cool
@Nebulean
@NyxtheShield
@Pandasticality
@Phonometrologist
@Qixor
@RokaiYotama
@SilverPoyozo
@SoundSpectre
@Thebitterroost
@TimerClock14
@Trunotfals
@Ylmir
@ZacCurran
@ZappaFan52
@Zooloo75

I still don't understand why some people still don't understand the rules of the contest.

I've found this in a new thread named "Knock Out Round !":

BERSERKYD

Here's my Knock-out song ! Enjoye ! Good Luck !
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/637052?updated=1

(Nevermind man, we are here to help! :D)

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 10:08:30

I still don't understand why some people still don't understand the riles of the contest.

I've found this in a new thread named "Knock Out Round!":
Knock Out Round !

BERSERKYD
Here's my Knock-out song ! Enjoye ! Good Luck !
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/637052?updated=1

Whats a rile man? i cant compute.

At 7/31/15 10:08 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote:

I still don't understand why some people still don't understand the riles of the contest.

Whats a rile man? i cant compute.

"riles" is a typo, thanks! ;) (Edited to "rules".)

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 10:22:04

I'm a noob.

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 10:51:47

@Adieuwinter Yes, that's fine. In fact, multiple people have also used their Knock-out Round pieces for NGADM. :)

@SoundGalaxyOfficial Thank you for clearing this up!

@BERSERKYD Please confirm that this is your KO-Round track:

http://www.newgrounds/audio/listen/637052?updated=1

BBS Signature

I didn't see the notifications I had gotten about not submitting another track for the 'KO' round, but after careful consideration I've chosen one of my more popular guitar tracks:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/629189

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 11:56:19

At 7/31/15 11:54 AM, Feywer96 wrote: I didn't see the notifications I had gotten about not submitting another track for the 'KO' round, but after careful consideration I've chosen one of my more popular guitar tracks:

Uhh...you're supposed to make a track from scratch for the competition. Submitting a piece you made in June won't cut it, I'm afraid. Please read the rules next time. It's not too late, though. You still have about 13 hours.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 12:08:06

a little piece meant to be played on the piano and guitar (that's why there is only 2 instruments) but I like the old chippy sounds haha

hope you enjoy!

-miguel

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 12:18:23

At 7/31/15 12:08 PM, Miguel-is-cool wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/633958
a little piece meant to be played on the piano and guitar (that's why there is only 2 instruments) but I like the old chippy sounds haha

hope you enjoy!

-miguel

And I'll repeat: you're supposed to make a piece COMPLETELY FROM SCRATCH for the competition, please. That means you couldn't have started working on it before July 21st. Please read THE RULES. You have about 12 hours left if you still want to participate.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 12:32:28

At 7/31/15 11:56 AM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 7/31/15 11:54 AM, Feywer96 wrote: I didn't see the notifications I had gotten about not submitting another track for the 'KO' round, but after careful consideration I've chosen one of my more popular guitar tracks:
Uhh...you're supposed to make a track from scratch for the competition. Submitting a piece you made in June won't cut it, I'm afraid. Please read the rules next time. It's not too late, though. You still have about 13 hours.

Aie!! I did not read 'dem updated ruels~
Great to know :0
Oh it's not too late - I'll be making something new :D

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 12:35:04

At 7/31/15 12:32 PM, Feywer96 wrote: Oh it's not too late - I'll be making something new :D

Cool! Good luck, man. :)

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-07-31 12:57:13

How long is left on the clock, skipper?