00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

aniMATING just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015

21,259 Views | 340 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 01:01:39

At 8/3/15 12:47 AM, Adhenoid wrote: I don't understand why would anyone cheat on this kind of competition...

Why cheat at all? I actually enjoyed the time restraint since I normally don't have one when I produce, lol.

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 01:10:26

At 8/3/15 12:47 AM, Adhenoid wrote: I don't understand why would anyone cheat on this kind of competition...

I don't know too, but my guess is that they are just lazy to read all the rules (even only 1 single time), and that makes them fall out.

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 03:51:29

At 8/3/15 01:10 AM, SoundGalaxyOfficial wrote:
I don't know too, but my guess is that they are just lazy to read all the rules (even only 1 single time), and that makes them fall out.

But they had been warned before..

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 03:52:55

At 8/3/15 01:01 AM, foxypanda69 wrote:
Why cheat at all? I actually enjoyed the time restraint since I normally don't have one when I produce, lol.

Yeah me too! Besides, it's not that I really want to win, I personally just want to hone my skill and experiences here..

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 08:08:07

But they had been warned before..

That's true thou

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 18:16:52

For the Professional Amateur contestants, I will be PMing your scoresheet to you in the form of a viewable Google Doc link, if that's okay. I will not be reviewing your track as everything will already have been said in the scoresheet. If you prefer something other than Google Doc then just respond to my PM. Thanks.

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 18:36:23

Uh-oh. We have a situation here, guys. You see, @Neon-Bard wanted to type up the results using his grandmother’s old typewriter (as a way of honoring her…or something), but a few of the keys were apparently missing, so he created a complex code for communicating the scores to us using the keys he had. He mailed us a copy of the document explaining how the code worked (again, in honor of his grandmother), but for some reason the document got intercepted and never reached NGAUC Headquarters. By the time we sent @LiquidOoze to confront him about this, he had forgotten how the code worked (as, of course, he didn’t save the document on his computer because that wouldn’t have honored his grandmother). If anyone can decode this, please PM me immediately:

Aarparmd – G7
AdamBartha - $$$
Adhenoid - Gahhhh
AlenK - #THELEFTOVERSSEASON2
Arbelamram – Madhatter7912
BiPolarBeat - @NickiMinaj

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 18:42:30

Seems to me that the code mainly seems to refer to a recipe for zucchini muffins laced with hash-oil. Are you sure there isn't just a little too much Neon in that there Bard?

At 8/3/15 06:36 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Uh-oh. We have a situation here, guys. You see, @Neon-Bard wanted to type up the results using his grandmother’s old typewriter (as a way of honoring her…or something), but a few of the keys were apparently missing, so he created a complex code for communicating the scores to us using the keys he had. He mailed us a copy of the document explaining how the code worked (again, in honor of his grandmother), but for some reason the document got intercepted and never reached NGAUC Headquarters. By the time we sent @LiquidOoze to confront him about this, he had forgotten how the code worked (as, of course, he didn’t save the document on his computer because that wouldn’t have honored his grandmother). If anyone can decode this, please PM me immediately:

Aarparmd – G7
AdamBartha - $$$
Adhenoid - Gahhhh

I'm not sure if this is serious or is a joke :D, but my guess is that maybe it has to do something with the alphabetical order. For example: A=1point, B=2points, C=3p, etc, and about the numbers at the end of some words, maybe you have to use them and do some basic maths with them, I mean these: + - x /, or if it doesn't work at all you can try counting ASCII or something, but good luck with this codebraking :D Seriously all my respect to NeonBard's passion for typewriters, really, but don't you think that it would be way easier for every of you if he would just go to an internet caffé or something? :D

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 19:13:12

I think it's just @Taintedlogic 's way of keeping us all in sus...

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 19:13:33

...PENCE!!!

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 19:16:42

At 8/3/15 07:11 PM, SoundGalaxyOfficial wrote: but I think it would be way easier for every of you if he would just go to an internet caffé or something, don't you think so? :D

...but that wouldn't be a very good way of honoring Neon-Bard's grandmother, would it?

BBS Signature

At 8/3/15 07:16 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 8/3/15 07:11 PM, SoundGalaxyOfficial wrote: but I think it would be way easier for every of you if he would just go to an internet caffé or something, don't you think so? :D
...but that wouldn't be a very good way of honoring Neon-Bard's grandmother, would it?

Man you know something about keeping people excited to the last minutes! Out with it! Out with the scores please! Everybody is ready! :D

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 19:24:44

At 8/3/15 07:23 PM, SoundGalaxyOfficial wrote: Man you know something about keeping people excited to the last minutes! Out with it! Out with the scores please! Everybody is ready! :D

Haha, everybody except the judges. :P Especially Neon-Bard........

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 19:57:25

At 8/3/15 06:36 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Uh-oh. We have a situation here, guys. You see, @Neon-Bard wanted to type up the results using his grandmother’s old typewriter (as a way of honoring her…or something), but a few of the keys were apparently missing, so he created a complex code for communicating the scores to us using the keys he had. He mailed us a copy of the document explaining how the code worked (again, in honor of his grandmother), but for some reason the document got intercepted and never reached NGAUC Headquarters. By the time we sent @LiquidOoze to confront him about this, he had forgotten how the code worked (as, of course, he didn’t save the document on his computer because that wouldn’t have honored his grandmother). If anyone can decode this, please PM me immediately:

Aarparmd – G7
AdamBartha - $$$
Adhenoid - Gahhhh

G7 is referring to the G7 major advanced economics meeting that happend 7-8 of june this year. Thus Aarparmd score is

Gahhhh is a word to describe how you feel about a certain person. This specific word happens to only have one entry in the Urban Dictionary, which just happens to have a score of 8 likes and 8 dislikes. Coincidence? I don't think so.
Thus, Adhenoid's score is 8.8

The first tweet that shows up when you search up "#THELEFTOVERSEASON2" on twitter, is ap ost with the title "7 reasons to be excited about The Leftover Season 2. Obviously AlenK's score has to be 7.0 :P.

Arbelamram's score is 7.912 ofc. Don't really have to explain that one.

@Nickiminaj reffers to Nicki Minaj's instagram profile. If we multiply and divide the three numberso n her page (3,133 , 30,4 and 362) We get 0,26310276243093922651933701657459.
This means that BiPolarBeat got a score of 9,5475610733915622939034267201362.

Just keep using this formula for the rest of the participants, and publish the results already :O!

Just a random idiot

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 19:57:52

At 8/3/15 07:24 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 8/3/15 07:23 PM, SoundGalaxyOfficial wrote: Man you know something about keeping people excited to the last minutes! Out with it! Out with the scores please! Everybody is ready! :D
Haha, everybody except the judges. :P Especially Neon-Bard........

You keep doing this to me! It's driving me mad! I wish to KNOW!!! STOP TORTURING US!!!

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 20:34:21

At 8/3/15 07:57 PM, Ectisity wrote: G7 is referring to the G7 major advanced economics meeting that happend 7-8 of june this year. Thus Aarparmd score is

Hmm...interesting theories, but I don't think Neon-Bard would've created something so...simple. He's quite a seasoned intellectual who enjoys inventing extremely convoluted coding methods.

Meanwhile, there is some good news to come out of NGAUC Headquarters today: @Lockyn is currently flying the official NGAUC private jet to its new home in North Korea. The Korean People’s Army has agreed to care for the jet during the NGAUC off-season in exchange for being able to use it for supposedly non-nefarious purposes. However, we haven’t heard from Lockyn for a couple of days, so that might be concerning. At least he seems to be doing a better job caring for the jet than @Johnfn did caring for the shrink ray. :/

@Ceevro In all seriousness, though, there are a couple of judges BESIDES Neon-Bard who have yet to get some of their scores in...

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 20:37:43

This means that BiPolarBeat got a score of 9,5475610733915622939034267201362.

Just keep using this formula for the rest of the participants, and publish the results already :O!

time to get some drink

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 20:44:58

At 8/3/15 08:34 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
Meanwhile, there is some good news to come out of NGAUC Headquarters today: @Lockyn is currently flying the official NGAUC private jet to its new home in North Korea. The Korean People’s Army has agreed to care for the jet during the NGAUC off-season in exchange for being able to use it for supposedly non-nefarious purposes. However, we haven’t heard from Lockyn for a couple of days, so that might be concerning. At least he seems to be doing a better job caring for the jet than @Johnfn did caring for the shrink ray. :/

In all seriousness, I am currently typing up the scoresheets and getting scores in, so the Professional Amateur contestants will incrementally be receiving a PM from me with the Google Drive viewable link to their personalized scoresheet. It's quite detailed so I hope my feedback helps. The overall score on that sheet is the score I gave you for your submitted track. Breakdown of the score is on the sheet, as is my comments and everything. Overall score is averaged. PM me if you have questions or concerns. :)

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 20:54:57

At 8/3/15 08:34 PM, TaintedLogic wrote

Meanwhile, there is some good news to come out of NGAUC Headquarters today: @Lockyn is currently flying the official NGAUC private jet to its new home in North Korea. The Korean People’s Army has agreed to care for the jet during the NGAUC off-season in exchange for being able to use it for supposedly non-nefarious purposes. However, we haven’t heard from Lockyn for a couple of days, so that might be concerning. At least he seems to be doing a better job caring for the jet than @Johnfn did caring for the shrink ray

After your contest ends here, you should make a new one, for writers :)

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 20:57:01

*slowly begins pulling out clumps of hair*

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-03 20:57:25

At 8/2/15 06:39 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: More bad news: The judges and I have reason to believe that @BERSERKYD had published the song he used for the KO-Round long before the contest even started, as evidenced by his Bandcamp page. I'm afraid he also will be disqualified. Again, this has already been noted on the scoresheet, judges. ;(

Ho should have read the rules I guess didnt know that this what not allow... I voluntary said it in my description that this was on my album, I didnt mean to cheat at all.... not my day I guess. My apologize ! Cheer !

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-04 00:02:34

Uh…okay. So, it turns out the NGAUC private jet, en route to North Korea, suffered technical malfunctions because of a wad of gum @BlazingDragon left stuck in the control panel. The plane then collided with another plane headed east, but only after @Lockyn used the official NGAUC one-man parachutes to safely escape the plane. It turned out that the other plane was carrying the letter @Neon-Bard sent regarding how to decode the scores, as discovered by @Samulis through an ingenious analysis of USPS delivery patterns. Unfortunately, that piece of mail is now lost somewhere beneath the Pacific Ocean, but Lockyn was able to seek shelter on a desolate island known as Hawai’i. Still, who cares if Lockyn will live? What will become of the scores now? :’(

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-04 00:05:06

I am enjoying this so much lol

You have ONE. JOB.

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-04 00:12:48

At 8/4/15 12:05 AM, AlenK wrote: I am enjoying this so much lol

Me too, the grandma legacy, it's just so beautifully explained xD

Don't forget to check my music here in newgrounds! just click HERE

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-04 00:18:59

You are lucky, the competitors forgot to tell you one thing:
You have 1 hour left!
:D

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-04 00:24:44

At 8/4/15 12:18 AM, SoundGalaxyOfficial wrote: You are lucky, the competitors forgot to tell you one thing:
You have 1 hour left!
D

Haha, yep! And that warning should've come 1.5 hours ago. XD We're doing our best, guys. This thing is actually REALLY close...

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-04 00:38:22

Last-minute catch! @Keitomine submitted his track on July 5th, before the Knock-out Round submission phase began, and is therefore also disqualified. This is the THIRD TIME this has happened, guys. The judges should NOT be responsible for checking to make sure each track you submit follows all of the rules, but we've decided to go through all of them in detail again to make sure they contain a) no copyrighted samples and b) were submitted DURING THE SUBMISSION PHASE ONLY. I'm sorry to have to do this, but we're trying to make this competition as fair as we can.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Knock-out Round 2015 2015-08-04 00:45:59

At 8/3/15 07:57 PM, Ectisity wrote: Gahhhh is a word to describe how you feel about a certain person. This specific word happens to only have one entry in the Urban Dictionary, which just happens to have a score of 8 likes and 8 dislikes. Coincidence? I don't think so.
Thus, Adhenoid's score is 8.8

Yeay my score is quite high! And my birthday is on August 8th (I'm not lying about this one)!!! Coincidences?

I really hope this is true though, you know, just for the thrill XDDDD