00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What do you think about this Style

485 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Maybe this style and Theme has been done often but I'm wondering if I should make more digital painting like this? I was doing Gesture drawing and thought it would be a good idea to take pose and experiment with it. I loved working on this and really enjoy the theme of this piece.
A partially nude/fully nude person doing an action while the background is neon color
Has anyone seen this style often... is it common and basic?
What can change or add to make this look better or unique?
I'm brand new to New grounds and this is the first time I've interacted in a forum for years
Thank you for reading this

What do you think about this Style

Response to What do you think about this Style 2015-07-21 02:24:31

It's me again, and like I've said I like the style, I like that it looks super realistic from far away and still looks it up close just a little bit less smooth. But to it looks like clay they way you paint, that's the best way to describe it but it looks cool. I like how the bright flat neon background contrasts heavily with the subject in the middle, really draws attention to where you really want it to be.

But maybe put something in the background, make it less empty and like a deep dark void. Like maybe a soft dark gradient.

I like to eat chalk and then be sick for a bit.

Response to What do you think about this Style 2015-07-21 12:27:13

At 7/21/15 02:24 AM, Skaalk wrote: It's me again, and like I've said I like the style, I like that it looks super realistic from far away and still looks it up close just a little bit less smooth. But to it looks like clay they way you paint, that's the best way to describe it but it looks cool. I like how the bright flat neon background contrasts heavily with the subject in the middle, really draws attention to where you really want it to be.

But maybe put something in the background, make it less empty and like a deep dark void. Like maybe a soft dark gradient.

Thank you and I have notice that my backgrounds look like Voids of nothingness . I was going for the Clay like style because it also makes it like it's a picture of a statue instead of person.

Response to What do you think about this Style 2015-07-21 18:40:11

Thank you and I have notice that my backgrounds look like Voids of nothingness . I was going for the Clay like style because it also makes it like it's a picture of a statue instead of person.

Haha, my backgrounds are normally empty voids as well, that's why I'm trying to improve there. But I do like the clay look and await some more arts from you.

I like to eat chalk and then be sick for a bit.