00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FloofGaming just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

To the trolls

2,666 Views | 44 Replies

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-27 04:33:02

At 7/18/15 10:36 PM, Malachy wrote:
At 7/18/15 10:30 PM, larrynachos wrote:
At 7/18/15 10:25 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: There's not that many trolls on NG anymore.
Just straight up assholes and shitposters nowadays.
You're totally welcome to let us know who they are via PM when you see it instead of mentioning it in multiple threads...you know, so it stops.

I don't think there's a rule forbidding one to be a straight up asshole.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-27 04:39:39

This is the silliest shit I've ever seen.

and not laugh my ass off silly, just silly as in his creativity wasn't at all creative.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-27 06:00:38

At 7/19/15 09:34 AM, Malachy wrote:
At 7/19/15 08:59 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I'll throw it out there that people's definition of a shitposter is different. I wouldn't be surprised if there was people out there who are tearing chunks out of their scalps when ejit and swishercovent are bantering harmlessly.
True. But if they don't let us know it bothers them then it'll never be explained so they understand or addressed if it's really something else might want to curb. Posting in threads with a crappy attitude about how awful you think the place is doesn't solve the problem. Even if we don't fix whatever is the issue, you can at least lead by example.

TurkeyOnAStick is right though. "Shitposter" pretty much means "anyone I don't like" to a lot of people. Imagine that -- not everyone will like everyone else. You can't please everyone. This is distinct from, say, a spammer which is pretty easily agreed on -- everyone would agree some guy endlessly posting URLs about penis enlargement pills is a spammer. Ditto with someone copy/pasting large swaths of meaningless text with random URLs thrown in now and again, or excessive posting in non-English languages, especially by brand new accounts.

Contrast to "shitposting" which won't and can't stop because it's entirely 100% subjective. It's identical to a witch hunt -- "She's a witch!" ... well once you burn all the "witches" there's still more because anyone can be a "witch". It's a case of people being too sensitive combined with complete intolerance of any opposing viewpoints and closed-mindedness. "That person 'triggered' me because they said blah blah which I don't agree with because I believe blah blah instead and so should everybody. They must be a shitposter!"

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-27 17:07:26 (edited 2015-07-27 17:12:11)

I don't spend a lot of time on Newgrounds so I don't REALLY know what it's like here. I saw the poem, and I noticed that there's a lot of negativity on here. I realize NG has its own... uh, culture? if you want to call it that, but it would seem to me that any spreading of a hateful message is less than ideal behaviour, or can create a less-than-ideal environment. Hiding behind the anonymity of the internet and saying "well I get to say whatever I want, YOU'RE just sensitive" is probably not as mature as we can all aspire to be.

Maybe there are some very sensitive people out there. There are also people who do harass and bully people online. I'm not sure where the difference between the internet and real life is, to be honest. The internet IS the real life and what you say still affects people. You telling others to take responsibility for the way they feel is a form of you yourself not taking responsibility for the negativity you spread on here.

I'm really not talking to anyone specific... well, except for those few people who have PMd me, telling me they're going to brutally rape and murder me. It's scary to be honest.
Yes, I did block them. No, i didn't tell a mod. I don't see the point.

I just see a lot of behaviour that is intended to be hurt-based. It pushes otherwise good people away. Sensitivity really has nothing to do with it. Why would more intelligent, fun, interesting people want to be around a group who thinks it's okay to post stuff like that? I think it limits the whole atmosphere to a large degree.
I dunno. Food for thought. You'll do what you want, anyway

The poetry was cool, though.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-27 18:15:37

Okay I didn't realize there were so many flavours of trolls. You guys are like connoisseurs or something.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-27 18:27:23

At 7/19/15 09:34 AM, Malachy wrote: Posting in threads with a crappy attitude about how awful you think the place is doesn't solve the problem. Even if we don't fix whatever is the issue, you can at least lead by example.

Time for a bump?

BBS Signature

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-27 18:34:44

At 7/27/15 05:55 PM, AzuMulu wrote: i'd like a distinction between trolling and being a genuine asshole or immature kid.
At 7/27/15 06:15 PM, GingerGymnast wrote: Okay I didn't realize there were so many flavours of trolls. You guys are like connoisseurs or something.

"Red AND white? You guys must be wine connoisseurs or something"

BBS Signature

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-27 22:26:29

At 7/18/15 10:36 PM, Malachy wrote: You're totally welcome to let us know who they are via PM when you see it instead of mentioning it in multiple threads...you know, so it stops.

Malachy, I.......

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-28 03:07:38

At 7/27/15 05:58 PM, AzuMulu wrote:
At 7/27/15 04:33 AM, Makakaov wrote: I don't think there's a rule forbidding one to be a straight up asshole.
Other than the very first rule of chat in the ToS?:

- Don't be an annoying nuisance. No insulting, threatening or harassing other users and especially not moderators or staff members

That's your own subjective definition of an asshole. You are not a supreme judge of that site, get outta here, your demagogic shit doesn't convince me.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-28 04:11:19

At 7/19/15 12:43 AM, ThePulp wrote: MysteriousMrEnter

Oh man I loved watching this guy because of how far his head was up his ass and how bent out of shape he got over seemingly everything.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-28 08:24:10

At 7/28/15 04:11 AM, TOXlCITY wrote:
At 7/19/15 12:43 AM, ThePulp wrote: MysteriousMrEnter
Oh man I loved watching this guy because of how far his head was up his ass and how bent out of shape he got over seemingly everything.

The guy's gettin' rich off this shit holy fuck

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-28 11:16:03

At 7/28/15 10:42 AM, AzuMulu wrote: I literally copy pasted from the Terms of Use from this site.http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use/chat-guidelines

CHAT. A FUCKING CHAT. Do you know what CHAT is? Are you capable of comprehending difference between Bulletin Board System and A FUCKING CHAT? Besides even in those rules there's no rule that forbids being an asshole. Just because you tie some certain negative behaviours with being an asshole it doesn't mean it defines asshole for everyone in the world for fucking god's sake.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-28 15:28:39 (edited 2015-07-28 15:29:09)

At 7/28/15 11:38 AM, AzuMulu wrote:
At 7/28/15 11:16 AM, Makakaov wrote:
CHAT. A FUCKING CHAT. Do you know what CHAT is? Are you capable of comprehending difference between Bulletin Board System and A FUCKING CHAT? Besides even in those rules there's no rule that forbids being an asshole. Just because you tie some certain negative behaviours with being an asshole it doesn't mean it defines asshole for everyone in the world for fucking god's sake.
>implying the forum doesn't fall under chat.

>Being this now and not knowing that Newgounds actually chat with different set of rules and different moderation.

I can see why you don't want assholes to be banned.

Are you actually serious right now? If you are, I can see even trying to debate one way or another is completely pointless.

It never was a debate because you were clearly wrong since the beggining using chat rules as an argument in discussion about bbs rules. 0/10.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-28 16:19:19

At 7/28/15 03:38 PM, AzuMulu wrote: But maybe you're right, if how you're acting in this thread is any indication of how you act all the time, and you're not banned yet, then yea people can be immature assholes

I moderate this place on my main account.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-29 13:52:44 (edited 2015-07-29 13:54:25)

At 7/18/15 10:25 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: There's not that many trolls on NG anymore.

Yeah most of the trolls were part of the various "crews" we've had here at NG.
I don't see many crews on NG anymore.
The mods and Admins must be doing a good job in keeping this place somewhat friendly.
Another thing is I'm a troll magnet but I haven't been trolled much in recent memory.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.