00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Matilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

To the trolls

2,668 Views | 44 Replies

To the trolls 2015-07-18 22:22:28

I saw this tonight and I thought I'd share it with you guys.

Troll - Shane Koyczan

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-18 22:25:20

There's not that many trolls on NG anymore.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-18 22:30:27

At 7/18/15 10:25 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: There's not that many trolls on NG anymore.

Just straight up assholes and shitposters nowadays.

BBS Signature

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-18 22:36:00

At 7/18/15 10:30 PM, larrynachos wrote:
At 7/18/15 10:25 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: There's not that many trolls on NG anymore.

You're totally welcome to let us know who they are via PM when you see it instead of mentioning it in multiple threads...you know, so it stops.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-18 22:37:42

Nice video. Thanks for sharing.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-18 22:45:46

At 7/18/15 10:37 PM, someaveragechap wrote: Nice video. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome! I'll be honest I was expecting someone to say something rude.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-18 22:48:16

At 7/18/15 10:45 PM, GingerGymnast wrote:

I can say something rude if you want me to. Maybe a your mama crack?

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-18 22:51:54

At 7/18/15 10:48 PM, someaveragechap wrote:
At 7/18/15 10:45 PM, GingerGymnast wrote:
I can say something rude if you want me to. Maybe a your mama crack?

Can you make it poetic like the video? And put some nice music with it with a cool little flash?

Now I'm kinda hoping you do. yo momma poetry slam+video.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-18 23:00:04

At 7/18/15 10:51 PM, GingerGymnast wrote: Can you make it poetic like the video? And put some nice music with it with a cool little flash?

Hamrumph. I didn't make this, but I share it with you joyfully.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-18 23:04:43

At 7/18/15 11:00 PM, someaveragechap wrote:
At 7/18/15 10:51 PM, GingerGymnast wrote: Can you make it poetic like the video? And put some nice music with it with a cool little flash?

Hamrumph. I didn't make this, but I share it with you joyfully.

lol i'm actually surprised someone did that. As if you came up with that so fast, it's like you had it on your bookmark or something.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-18 23:14:40

At 7/18/15 10:36 PM, Malachy wrote:

I still come out to play from time to time.

You're totally welcome to let us know who they are via PM when you see it instead of mentioning it in multiple threads...you know, so it stops.

I remember you from back in the day Malachy.

Never really liked you, still seem like a stuck up prick.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 00:43:16 (edited 2015-07-19 00:45:22)

I remember this.

MysteriousMrEnter got his jimmies wet over this video.

Fuckin' splooged all over it and vented about all his perilous encounters with trolls.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 01:23:16

I don't know about your experiences but to me, trolls are generally smarter and if you know them personally would find that they are more honest, genuine, and loyal. The white knights who call out or "defeat" trolls, like the video you posted, do good only for the reward.

The knee-jerk replies to the troll usually speaks a lot more about the stupidity and hostility of the general population. Sometimes they're even more toxic than the troll post. These "victims" deserve no sympathy.

Trolling has an interesting effect of revealing the ugly side of the "victims". I appreciate a troll post when I see one. They tell me who are the real nasty people.

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 07:15:36

You trying to tell us something, you soulless ginger?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 07:19:01

At 7/18/15 10:30 PM, larrynachos wrote:

All different words for the same subhuman filth.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 08:33:09

At 7/19/15 01:23 AM, Jin wrote:
Trolling has an interesting effect of revealing the ugly side of the "victims". I appreciate a troll post when I see one. They tell me who are the real nasty people.

Um... I really have no idea what you're talking about with this post. Admittedly, I'm not an expert on this, but I constantly hear about women who are intimidated online by trolls. Guys who say they're going to rape them, then find their address through IP and post it for everyone to see. There are women who speak their minds online and then get harassed endlessly for it.
I get harassed on here sometimes. I'll post something and then guys send me PMs, saying that they're going to rape me. It's fucked up.

And people have killed themselves over online harassment. I'm not sure how trolling is much different from that.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 08:59:13

At 7/18/15 10:30 PM, larrynachos wrote: Just straight up assholes and shitposters nowadays.

I'll throw it out there that people's definition of a shitposter is different. I wouldn't be surprised if there was people out there who are tearing chunks out of their scalps when ejit and swishercovent are bantering harmlessly.

BBS Signature

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 09:34:16

At 7/19/15 08:59 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 7/18/15 10:30 PM, larrynachos wrote: Just straight up assholes and shitposters nowadays.
I'll throw it out there that people's definition of a shitposter is different. I wouldn't be surprised if there was people out there who are tearing chunks out of their scalps when ejit and swishercovent are bantering harmlessly.

True. But if they don't let us know it bothers them then it'll never be explained so they understand or addressed if it's really something else might want to curb. Posting in threads with a crappy attitude about how awful you think the place is doesn't solve the problem. Even if we don't fix whatever is the issue, you can at least lead by example.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 09:38:40

There are some truly insane people on here and the rest of the Internet. But especially here. Nothing I've done ever warranted some of what I've suffered. It's surprising that I'm still around. Someone like me probably should have left a long time ago.

I have received countless death threats during my time here. Some people also took it upon themselves to post my address, phone number, bombard me with texts and calls, and went beyond that by harassing my family members. One day, I got a call from my dad, saying that he has gotten messages that I'm a pedophile and a Nazi...the story goes on further, involves some convincing Photoshops and involves other family members and friends, but this is just a small part of what some people here have done to me. It's kinda surreal and undeniably beyond fucked up.

Most of this stuff peaked back when I was a mod (because who likes getting banned?), but actually started years before then and even continues now. I'm not even sure if some of the most headstrong and infamous mods on here, past or present, have been through what I have. There are certain things that come with the territory--angry PMs, sure--but getting my family involved, sending me harassing texts and calls, and trying to destroy me personally and professionally crosses the line. No excuse exists for it. It continues to take a mental toll on me and often even prevents me from thinking rationally.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 09:46:00

At 7/19/15 08:33 AM, GingerGymnast wrote:
At 7/19/15 01:23 AM, Jin wrote:
Um... I really have no idea what you're talking about with this post. Admittedly, I'm not an expert on this, but I constantly hear about women who are intimidated online by trolls. Guys who say they're going to rape them, then find their address through IP and post it for everyone to see. There are women who speak their minds online and then get harassed endlessly for it.
I get harassed on here sometimes. I'll post something and then guys send me PMs, saying that they're going to rape me. It's fucked up.

And people have killed themselves over online harassment. I'm not sure how trolling is much different from that.

People have begun to use the word "troll" as a blanket term for anyone who offends them online, regardless of the method.

Initially, a troll was someone who'd say things with the intent to piss people off; deliberately making logical fallacies or stubbornly clinging to an objectively wrong opinion, but never would a troll mean anything they say.
A person making rape threats is a harasser. A troll would be the person saying that the rape threats were justified.
People who disclose another person's personal information are doxxing, not trolling. A troll would disclose the location to a gay bar somewhere but say it's directions to the person's house.

You can tell a lot about someone just by how they react to trolls and harassers and doxxers. Anyone with good judgment would know to simply block/ignore trolls and the like. People with a victim complex will not only let the tormenters run free, but they'll go so far as to bait them with phrases like "bring on the hate" or constantly whine about the rampant trolling. What these people may or may not realize is that passive aggressively insulting a comment is just as satisfying to a troll/whatever as crying and threatening suicide over it.

Also, nobody has ever really killed themselves over online harassment. It may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, but there were more factors contributing to their suicidal thoughts than some mean comments. Trolls just happen to make for a great scapegoat.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 10:09:05

At 7/19/15 09:34 AM, Malachy wrote: True. But if they don't let us know it bothers them then it'll never be explained so they understand or addressed if it's really something else might want to curb. Posting in threads with a crappy attitude about how awful you think the place is doesn't solve the problem. Even if we don't fix whatever is the issue, you can at least lead by example.

Oh god yeah, I think that attitude is worse than shitposting. Nothing drags a community down more than the people who have nothing positive to say about anything.

I'm just saying that whenever I've asked people about what they dislike, usually I don't empathise with their choices. I have more problem with people who spread bile than people who talk shit (in moderation).

BBS Signature

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 10:44:40

But that is like everyone on the BBS.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 16:39:19

@GoryBlizzard
Wow. I don't even know what to say to that. That's unreal

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 19:21:37

im not a troll but i think trolling is exciting. people need to learn how to take a joke.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 19:24:04

At 7/19/15 07:21 PM, finicalprickle wrote: im not a troll but i think trolling is exciting. people need to learn how to take a joke.

no, it simply depends on the joke. because some jokes are also intended to be offensive.
and some ones idea of a joke isnt really one in reality. an excuse to insult some one

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 19:37:34

Learn not to be offended then. Getting insulted makes me happy

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 19:48:46

At 7/19/15 07:37 PM, finicalprickle wrote: Learn not to be offended then. Getting insulted makes me happy

and you still dont know how to quote other posts.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 19:50:56

go double post some more noob

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-19 22:46:23

When I think troll I just think of people who say stupid stuff to get a reaction.
The people who try to entice others into committing suicide and sending death/rape threats and harassing families are far worse than the typical troll.

Response to To the trolls 2015-07-27 02:54:01

I like turtles