00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Darkshark183 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Childhood Friend: Murderer!

2,113 Views | 34 Replies

Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 12:13:29

Hey guys,

So something kind of crazy happened to me a couple of weeks ago: I found out a childhood friend of mind murdered his grandparents with his bare hands! THAT'S INSANE RIGHT?!

Here's a link to his news story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/grandson-charged-in-mississippi-slaying-of-elderly-couple/

I feel terrible for the family, but seriously, what the fuck?!

Has anyone else dealt with something like this? I'm not personally in-shock, he was a legitimately violent and homophobic individual, but that's crazy right??

Just glad he decided to go postal after I left.

The kind of old they just don't make anymore!

[Had your submission unpublished? Click here!]

BBS Signature

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 12:25:30

So was he a normal child or did your young mind just have bad judgement and low standards?

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 12:31:31

I guy I was in Jr.high with tried to rob a bank and blew his brains out in the states.

BBS Signature

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 12:34:07

At 7/16/15 12:25 PM, GodInACup wrote: So was he a normal child or did your young mind just have bad judgement and low standards?

No, no, don't get me wrong, we all enjoyed violent video games, etc. But Zach was the type to tie people up and beat the shit out of them for fun, calling it "games". He was a truly horrifying individual.

From what I understand, he's getting the death penalty.

BBS Signature

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 13:20:38

I have no idea what most of the people I went to college with are up to these days, much less those I went to high school with, much less anything before that.

I guess we have to draw a distinction -- was this just a generic friend aka someone you knew, or was this like your best friend?

Also why would you intentionally hang around someone who tied people up and beat them? That's kind of twisted, man.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 13:28:08

Maybe he did it because you left

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 13:39:32

At 7/16/15 01:20 PM, NeonSpider wrote: I have no idea what most of the people I went to college with are up to these days, much less those I went to high school with, much less anything before that.

I guess we have to draw a distinction -- was this just a generic friend aka someone you knew, or was this like your best friend?

Also why would you intentionally hang around someone who tied people up and beat them? That's kind of twisted, man.

It's kind of a fine line isn't it? I hung out with him pre-high school, so it was a completely different thing, I think. When I say childhood I really mean that. He was a good friend, but not a best friend.

When I say people, I mean me. He'd hog tie me and beat the shit out of me.

...Now that I think about it, he fully deserves whatever penalty he is given; he was a real piece of shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 13:42:15

At 7/16/15 12:42 PM, Stereocrisis wrote: I've never known anyone that has gone on to be a murderer. At least, I don't think so.

Gone on to be an asshole? Sure. The type the could kill someone? Sure.

Actually went through with it? Nah.

Or maybe they did, and just got away with it!

At 7/16/15 12:13 PM, Alexander wrote:
Has anyone else dealt with something like this?

I have, although it's not as serious as this.

Recently, from just casually browsing some old news articles, I found out that someone I went to school with, and even sat across from in first grade assisted in a violent assault, and robbery which lead to murder.

She posed as a prostitute, lured someone into a wooded area where two armed men beat the person and robbed him. Later one of the robbers shot and killed the other robber out of fear that he will talk to others about the robbery, and was later caught.

What's even more crazy about this, is that the robbery took place not too far from where I used to live, the shooting took place at my old bus stop, also not too far from my old house, and this entire thing, the beating and the murder was over $100 and an old cell phone.

I'm glad I don't live there anymore. One reason my family moved out of there was because the area was going to shit.

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 13:44:57

i have never dealt with anyone turning into a killer...
i hope i have mentally stable friends and family.

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 13:49:00

A guy I knew from high school and was kinda friends with stabbed a random homeless woman to death while on an acid trip on a Halloween night in 2012 and was arrested last August. He claims he saw demons.

Another guy I knew from high school but knew less stabbed and seriously wounded a guy who flirted with his girlfriend a few months ago.

It's not really that surprising. When you know a lot of people one or two may end up snapping.

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 13:54:02

At 7/16/15 01:39 PM, Alexander wrote: It's kind of a fine line isn't it? I hung out with him pre-high school, so it was a completely different thing, I think. When I say childhood I really mean that. He was a good friend, but not a best friend.

When I say people, I mean me. He'd hog tie me and beat the shit out of me.

...Now that I think about it, he fully deserves whatever penalty he is given; he was a real piece of shit.

And you continued to go to his house or wherever it was this was taking place? I'm assuming it wasn't taking place at the school because, well, you don't have much choice there.

That's kind of messed up. Yeah there were kids like that at my schools too but they weren't kids I would have ever considered friends.

Just eager to make friends or ... ?

Sounds more like the schoolyard bully than friend material to me.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 13:57:56

I had a family friend who was in a gigantic scandal where she tried to embezzle $40,000+ from her company. She was sentenced to 25 years IIRC. Her face was on the cover of the local newspaper. She ended up getting ill and dying in prison.

...She was nice if you met her in person...

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 14:08:29

That's really shitty... that would be a shocker for sure.

brains.

BBS Signature

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 14:52:54

At 7/16/15 01:57 PM, Silverlee wrote: C. Her face was on the cover of the local newspaper. She ended up getting ill and dying in prison.

that's good at least right? i think.

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 14:54:20

At 7/16/15 02:41 PM, Stereocrisis wrote:
What would you do? Seriously. How would you deal with that, if you woke up one day, and found out that some times, for weeks at a time, you're true identity went comatose while the darkest parts of your mind ran your body, and orchestrated murders and thefts and all this bad shit that you can't remember doing, but suddenly the cops are breaking down your door.

My brain is now pregnant from that mindfuck! But, seriously, i wouldn't know what to do in that situation. Probably change my name, and flee to another country. probably jamaica.

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 15:15:50

I read the title as "murdered", I thought he died...

Still a shitty situation.

At 7/16/15 01:44 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote: i have never dealt with anyone turning into a killer...
i hope i have mentally stable friends and family.

If you're any indication, start heading to Mexico sweetheart.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 15:20:55

I'm pretty sure this one person I knew back in college went on to some sort of crime at least, probably leading to attacking people. He threatened me many times claiming he would stab me and cut me etc. because he seemed obsessed with knives and he was apparently from "the rough area" etc. thinking I would somehow be tempted to help him if he continued to make threats on my wellbeing since we were suppose to be working together on a performance which blatantly I didn't want to do anymore once this shit started.

Then again he seemed really try-hard. He always went on about being from America and how it was somehow something that deserved respect. I know many Americans who don't make pathetic threats on my life. So you know. He was a total idiot.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 15:26:43

At 7/16/15 03:15 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: If you're any indication, start heading to Mexico sweetheart.

who said you can call me that?
and what indication? just because of my username?
geezus

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 15:42:31

At 7/16/15 03:26 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote: who said you can call me that?

It's the internet sweetheart.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 15:45:30

At 7/16/15 03:23 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
At 7/16/15 12:34 PM, Alexander wrote:
At 7/16/15 12:25 PM, GodInACup wrote:
Unless he escapes for his final revenge upon you. Think about it - if he used to practice on you, you must have been the original focus of his unending rage. He will want to make sure that his life's work is finished.

Fair point. It definitely seemed to be an "escalation" thing. Crazy, yo.

BBS Signature

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 15:46:45

At 7/16/15 03:42 PM, Slint wrote:

doesn't matter

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 16:25:22

At 7/16/15 03:46 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote:
At 7/16/15 03:42 PM, Slint wrote:
doesn't matter

MAKE ME STOP THEN, SWEETCHEEKS

BBS Signature

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 16:26:24

At 7/16/15 04:25 PM, Slint wrote: MAKE ME STOP THEN, SWEETCHEEKS

not what your mom said last night

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 16:31:05

That's what happens when you hang out with depressed white kids. I told you so. @Alexander

BBS Signature

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 16:58:07

At 7/16/15 04:31 PM, Avery wrote: That's what happens when you hang out with depressed white kids. I told you so. @Alexander

I 'gotta tell 'ya man: When you're right, you're right.

BBS Signature

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 17:02:51

At 7/16/15 04:26 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote:

Now hold on a second I didn't give you permission to say that over the internet so I'm natually offended now.

BBS Signature

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 17:23:14

At 7/16/15 05:02 PM, Slint wrote:
Now hold on a second I didn't give you permission to say that over the internet so I'm natually offended now.

my apologies.

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 17:42:38

Confirmed for lesbian

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Childhood Friend: Murderer! 2015-07-16 17:53:44

At 7/16/15 05:42 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: Confirmed for lesbian

and the secrets out, darn