00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is the vita dead?

851 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Is the vita dead? 2015-07-14 19:49:14

I reallly hope not. All I have been doing is using it for jrpg games.

I bought ratchet and clank collecion and after I finished the first one the second one turned out to be a buggy mess and third game is unplayable.

Im thinking about modding it or something just to get more use out of it. I really cant be bothered to play the indie games on it when I can get them on steam.

Vita is dead right :(

>>> Follow my Instagram: @the_imaginary_boy<<< Buy my MERCH

BBS Signature

Response to Is the vita dead? 2015-07-14 23:28:33

At 7/14/15 07:49 PM, tatsumaru7 wrote: I reallly hope not. All I have been doing is using it for jrpg games.

I bought ratchet and clank collecion and after I finished the first one the second one turned out to be a buggy mess and third game is unplayable.

Im thinking about modding it or something just to get more use out of it. I really cant be bothered to play the indie games on it when I can get them on steam.

Vita is dead right :(

Well, personally I think it's still great. I use it for JRPG's and I get lots of use from it buuuuut JRPG's are really the only thing it's good for IMO. If that's what your into then it's a great handheld but if not, well, guess it would be dead.

Response to Is the vita dead? 2015-07-15 15:39:54

Unfortunately, it's pretty much done for. I can't see it getting any significant support from anybody in the near future.

Here's an informative video on how it failed.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Is the vita dead? 2015-07-15 16:17:16

The Vita died in 2011.

Response to Is the vita dead? 2015-07-15 19:44:45

At 7/14/15 07:49 PM, tatsumaru7 wrote: I really hope not. All I have been doing is using it for jrpg games.

JRPGs and Monster Hunter clones are pretty much the only thing it has. Without that, it's still a very solid port machine.

Sly 1 looks like a garbled mess, but 2 and 3 look fantastic. The Ratchet & Clank collection works perfectly fine for me. The only issue is that you need to use that damned backtouch. I know there's an L2 & R2 utility available in Japan but it's Vita 2000 only and I wouldn't want to spend an unknown amount of money just so I can play a single game better.

The Vita's only dead if you're too stubborn to buy digital-exclusive games.

Im thinking about modding it

Yeah, good luck with that.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Is the vita dead? 2015-07-15 19:56:17

At 7/15/15 07:44 PM, Chdonga wrote:

I went and modded it. It had to be done. I just wanted to play my old snes games on it for now. Although I really want to get tearaway which looks soo good.

Also the upcoming digimon game looks freaking awesome too which I will get on day one :D

BBS Signature

Response to Is the vita dead? 2015-07-15 20:07:40

At 7/15/15 07:56 PM, tatsumaru7 wrote:
At 7/15/15 07:44 PM, Chdonga wrote:
I went and modded it. It had to be done. I just wanted to play my old snes games on it for now. Although I really want to get tearaway which looks soo good.

Also the upcoming digimon game looks freaking awesome too which I will get on day one :D

Playing SNES on the go is nice. But you're not able to utilize all of the Vita's power. That's why I think it's a waste. You may as well have just gotten a PSP from your game store. By now they should be cheaper than a current-gen video game.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Is the vita dead? 2015-07-15 20:26:28

At 7/15/15 08:07 PM, Chdonga wrote: Playing SNES on the go is nice. But you're not able to utilize all of the Vita's power. That's why I think it's a waste. You may as well have just gotten a PSP from your game store. By now they should be cheaper than a current-gen video game.

I had a vita but that had so much more to offer in terms of games. Sadly my psp was knocked off a shelf by my cats and was severely damaged.

I couldn't play my stupid umd games and eventually waited till vita game out. I really do enjoy whats on it right now though I just wish there were more games out there that would use the vita to its full potential.

I have sat and played killzone and its just amazing. I played uncharted on a friends vita and that blew my mind.

I dont see anything like that coming out the vita ever again :(

Unless hackers can get android or even dolphin to work on it I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Is the vita dead? 2015-07-16 05:18:41 (edited 2015-07-16 05:19:03)

The original PSP is the best still. Games are insanely cheap nowadays and the system itself is ridiculously easy to mod and is great for playing roms.

The Vita hasn't ever really had anything more than its niche market of (mainly) JRPGs so, yeah it's probably done for.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Is the vita dead? 2015-07-16 07:26:39

At 7/16/15 05:18 AM, TOXlCITY wrote: The original PSP is the best still. Games are insanely cheap nowadays and the system itself is ridiculously easy to mod and is great for playing roms.

The Vita hasn't ever really had anything more than its niche market of (mainly) JRPGs so, yeah it's probably done for.

I agree, the original PSP is still one of my favourite consoles, shame mine's broken and can't find any decent ones on sale in my area.
I never understood how the Vita was better than the PSP, was it like, a portable PS3 like the original was a portable PS2?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Is the vita dead? 2015-07-16 10:36:51

Pretty much the only reason to get a PS Vita is for the JRPGs or anime based games, which to no surprise it has the unfortunate name of being a "handheld for weeaboos." You're better off getting a PSP, which has more of a diverse library of games.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Is the vita dead? 2015-07-16 16:48:01

I just hope that we can play some of the finest games for Vita on PS4 someday...