00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A little help regarding PC parts

587 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Alright, so the thing is, I have a pretty old computer that can't run most things past 2012, I bought it at 2009 and it wasn't exactly high end at that time either, so I was thinking if it's worth it to buy a pretty cheap GPU that will squeeze a few more years out of it, since ATM I don't make a lot of money and my priority isn't really using the little money I make to build a gaming PC.

Since I'm pretty ignorant in this field, I was wondering if anyone here had some suggestions. I don't know how I'll be able to set a budget since I live in Brazil, and PC parts are somewhat more expensive. I think the most I can spend is around 100 dollars, but preferably around 60. Again, I'm not really looking to getting a good GPU, just something that I can maybe run some games a bit better (and play some of gamecube games on Dolphin). I don't even know if it's worth it to upgrade because maybe the other parts are too old to the point that a better GPU won't make a difference, so help me out plz.

Here are my specs: (they suck I know)
GPU: Radeon HD 3400 (256 Mb)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80 GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR2 (I think)
Motherboard: I'm not really sure, I think it's this one: DELL P301D

Response to A little help regarding PC parts 2015-07-14 08:17:39

yeah you aren't getting shit for 100 dollars, save up three or four hundred and comeback otherwise you can't really do anything. if I were you just save up because you need to seriously upgrade.

Response to A little help regarding PC parts 2015-07-14 17:33:13

At 7/14/15 08:17 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: yeah you aren't getting shit for 100 dollars, save up three or four hundred and comeback otherwise you can't really do anything. if I were you just save up because you need to seriously upgrade.

Yeah, I think I'll end up saving some money and eventually buying some better parts altogether instead of just a GPU, at least it'll be superior overall. Honestly I don't think it's worth it to upgrade it since I'll probably have to replace everything anyway.

Response to A little help regarding PC parts 2015-07-14 18:30:24

Yeah best to do that save the money and not waste on already obsolete parts on a old mobo.