00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

4 Million Refugees flee

1,438 Views | 21 Replies

Geneva (AFP) - More than four million Syrians have fled the civil war ravaging their country to become refugees in the surrounding region -- a million of them in the past 10 months alone, the United Nations said Thursday.
"This is the biggest refugee population from a single conflict in a generation," UN refugee chief Antonio Guterres said in a statement.
"It is a population that needs the support of the world but is instead living in dire conditions and sinking deeper into poverty," he said. The UN refugee agency said a surge in new refugee arrivals in Turkey had pushed the total number of Syrian refugees in neighbouring countries to over 4,013,000 people.

source

what's funny is that shithole actually has 17 million and with this civil war maybe it'll cut the population down, afterward the country gets new management.

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 09:28:25 (edited 2015-07-09 09:28:47)

tl;dr, go suck a box of dicks.

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 10:40:26

But those are like the enemy, so why do we have to care? Half of them want to blow us up for nothing.

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 11:03:51

At 7/9/15 10:40 AM, MuramasasEdge wrote: But those are like the enemy, so why do we have to care? Half of them want to blow us up for nothing.

Don't you read the news? We're actually at war with Eastasia now. Get with the times.

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 11:07:40

Millions more will flee if Daesh is allowed to advance.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 11:30:00

At 7/9/15 11:03 AM, Bit wrote:
At 7/9/15 10:40 AM, MuramasasEdge wrote: But those are like the enemy, so why do we have to care? Half of them want to blow us up for nothing.
Don't you read the news? We're actually at war with Eastasia now. Get with the times.

I heard about that... Fuck sakes man. Who aint we at war with?
What if aliens invaded us? We'd be so fucked man.

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 11:56:59

At 7/9/15 11:54 AM, MrPercie wrote:
At 7/9/15 09:17 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: what's funny is that shithole actually has 17 million and with this civil war maybe it'll cut the population down, afterward the country gets new management.
Yeah, cut the population down, by increasing the population in the surrounding countries of turkey, lebanon, jordan and iraq and further causing more disruption to the local populations and their governments, hell, might expect some new management in all those countries aswell, since they clearly can't handle that influx of people.

most are heading to Lebanon and Turkey which can handle them, Iraq not so much since its still in the shitshow with ISIS who started all of this.

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 11:57:43

k sorry about "box of dicks" earlier. first time i ever heard that phrase this morning and i laughed my ass off. wanted to see how it would take as the first response in a thread. not very well. moving on.
anyway, I'm glad they're getting out of that shithole, for one thing the country sucks and two, now there's less potential for casualties, which is great.

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 12:21:43

At 7/9/15 12:07 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 7/9/15 11:30 AM, MuramasasEdge wrote: What if aliens invaded us? We'd be so fucked man.
An alien invasion might actually be the only thing that can unite all of humanity. We would put aside our differences and band together to fight the aliens out of survival for the human race.

I dunno man, I think that's a tad optimistic. Those aliens would have to been JUST weak enough for us to have a chance of us beating for humanity to unite. If they're overwhelming in terms of number, techolonogy and the like, we'd all just screw ourselves trying to get on their good sides.

As for Syria... damn man. This is the type of news those End Times people like to point to when they climb out of their bunkers.

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 13:00:14

At 7/9/15 12:21 PM, someaveragechap wrote:

As for Syria... damn man. This is the type of news those End Times people like to point to when they climb out of their bunkers.

What if in the long run, the God of the Bible exists, and we are all doomed, save for those few righteous?

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 13:51:55

well technically maybe with russia over the whole illegal occupation of Crimea and eastern Ukraine. but China not so much since we're heavy economic partners.

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 15:04:13

At 7/9/15 01:00 PM, MuramasasEdge wrote:
At 7/9/15 12:21 PM, someaveragechap wrote:

What if in the long run, the God of the Bible exists, and we are all doomed, save for those few righteous?

God gets a D minus on his science fair project.

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 15:11:20

At 7/9/15 03:04 PM, someaveragechap wrote:

God gets a D minus on his science fair project.

Agreed. This wasn't really thought out too well.

I speaketh heresy! dont smite me down baby jesus.... *cowers in fear*

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 20:30:04

Who reads things anymore?

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 20:42:45

At 7/9/15 08:30 PM, poopmcfarts wrote:

Who writes things anymore?

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 20:58:16

@Vixuzar, you're from Syria, right? Serious question: are you going to evacuate, too?

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 21:02:13

At 7/9/15 08:42 PM, MuramasasEdge wrote:
At 7/9/15 08:30 PM, poopmcfarts wrote:
Who writes things anymore?

Who talks about things anymore?

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 21:12:39

God dammit how come the US always fucks a region up and then europeans have to pay MY TAXES to refugees that flee to Europe!

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 21:14:59

At 7/9/15 08:58 PM, Monster-64 wrote: @Vixuzar, you're from Syria, right? Serious question: are you going to evacuate, too?

disregard my last post

I hope this mad cunt you just linked gets to safety and continues being a living newgrounds member.

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 21:30:57

At 7/9/15 09:19 PM, Vixuzar wrote:
At 7/9/15 08:58 PM, Monster-64 wrote: @Vixuzar, you're from Syria, right?
Yes.
Serious question: are you going to evacuate, too?
Not so sure...

At 7/9/15 09:14 PM, Lorkas wrote: disregard my last post
I hope this mad cunt you just linked gets to safety and continues being a living newgrounds member.
Okay then...

I ain't playin man. Come to Lithuania, I don't care, we're already accepting 200 refugees from somewhere for whatever reason.

BBS Signature

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-09 22:23:47 (edited 2015-07-09 22:30:37)

At 7/9/15 05:59 PM, Vixuzar wrote: And yes calling another country a shit hole is racist, Whether it was true or not it's racist.

Not really.

He's calling the country a shit hole.

Every country is, technically, a shithole. There's always that sizable part of the local/international population who hate how things are going over at wherever they're targeting. We're just cynically idealistic that way. Whilst they're saying things about the land, the state, its government and its people, they aren't bashing specific races. Do you really think Syria is filled with citizens of only one race? That's the only situation I can see where calling any country a shithole is racist.

You seem to be the only one upset about this. Lotsa people call the US a shithole all the time around here, you don't see a lot of people get upset at that fact and call it racism, do you? Learn to accept the fact your country's a shithole-- that's one baby-step on the road to recovery, acceptance. Don't be immature about it.

Another question: Is it excusable if people from Syria get to call Syria a shit hole? If you think that is, we may have a problem.

Response to 4 Million Refugees flee 2015-07-10 07:54:21

At 7/9/15 10:28 PM, Vixuzar wrote: Well then, Thanks for explaining...

because its not a race or ethnicity of individuals, I am speaking on the borders of a unfortunate sovereign entity. so take the teenage angst somewhere else kid.