00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StemlyAnarchy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA

1,257 Views | 20 Replies

Does anyone here have a hipster or yuppie neighborhood of preference between these two cities, or other cities? I was planning on living in the Williamsburg area in NY, where it seems really cool. I have a cousin that manages a coffee shop in Brooklyn and he offered me a job there. I'm really interested in an area where it has a vibrant indie music scene.

I'm also looking at apartments in Los Angeles, specifically the Silver Lake neighborhood, which has a good amount of hipsters and interesting individuals that reside there. I've spent a good amount at Echo Park, which is near SL, so is anyone in LA familiar with these hoods?

I live in Washington state now.

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-07 16:00:55

At 7/7/15 03:59 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: Do you realize what a massive douche you sound like?

Because I'm asking about what neighborhoods I'd like to move to with the money I earned?

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-07 16:05:21

Born IN LE WRONG GENERATION

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-07 16:11:53

At 7/7/15 04:05 PM, Bmwd wrote: Born IN LE WRONG GENERATION

that doesn't even apply to this.

BBS Signature

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-07 17:20:27

At 7/7/15 04:00 PM, MiniLesson wrote:
At 7/7/15 03:59 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: Do you realize what a massive douche you sound like?
Because I'm asking about what neighborhoods I'd like to move to with the money I earned?

yes

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-07 17:44:00

At 7/7/15 04:06 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: PM GoryBlizzard and tell him you want to move to NY.

I dare you.

I double dare you!

He's just one of GoodLuckTurtle's/EEnE's alts who has been trying to bait me into these kinds of threads for more than 5 years and thinks I can't see through him, and am in no way, shape or form fooled by him conveniently changing his home location from CA to Washington state.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-07 18:17:00

At 7/7/15 05:44 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
At 7/7/15 04:06 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: PM GoryBlizzard and tell him you want to move to NY.

I dare you.

I double dare you!
He's just one of GoodLuckTurtle's/EEnE's alts who has been trying to bait me into these kinds of threads for more than 5 years and thinks I can't see through him, and am in no way, shape or form fooled by him conveniently changing his home location from CA to Washington state.

Uh...no.

Anyways, does anyone else have a preference? Silver Lake or Williamsburg? Knowing people who have lived in both, they say Williamsburg is better.

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-07 18:42:46

At 7/7/15 06:38 PM, Sekhem wrote: what about hipster neighborhoods in akron

Idk. Not too big on the Midwest although I'm sure there are good places there to raise families. As for being a yuppie, meh. Sure there's Chicago but Ohio seems... Dull.

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-07 18:47:25

At 7/7/15 06:43 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 7/7/15 06:42 PM, MiniLesson wrote:
At 7/7/15 06:38 PM, Sekhem wrote: what about hipster neighborhoods in akron
Idk. Not too big on the Midwest although I'm sure there are good places there to raise families. As for being a yuppie, meh. Sure there's Chicago but Ohio seems... Dull.
what's your favorite ohio fact

I guess Cleveland has an interesting history. It has a lot of negative things attached to it, like the Ariel Castro kidnappings, and a high crime rate.

Columbus I heard is a nice city and very yuppie friendly.

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-07 18:49:03

At 7/7/15 06:47 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: I hear Charleston, North Carolina has a large population of yuppies and hipsters.

Go live there.

No such city exists.

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-07 20:27:43

At 7/7/15 08:23 PM, Entice wrote: San Francisco

Been there, done that.

I like San Francisco, but the Haight is so overdone. Still good though just want something different

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-07 20:55:21

At 7/7/15 06:49 PM, MiniLesson wrote:
At 7/7/15 06:47 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: Charleston, North Carolina
No such city exists.

Don't you know?

Nonexistent cities are the up and coming trend of the season.

Get with the times, flower child brother man.

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-07 21:32:53

At 7/7/15 05:44 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:

its not @iamcrystalheights is EEnE.

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-07 21:42:51

At 7/7/15 09:32 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: its not @iamcrystalheights is EEnE.

Same person, different accounts over a long period of time.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-07 22:30:14

At 7/7/15 09:42 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
At 7/7/15 09:32 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: its not @iamcrystalheights is EEnE.
Same person, different accounts over a long period of time.

everybody wants to be a hero

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-07 23:38:31

At 7/7/15 08:30 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: Living in America is so gauche these days.

You should go live in Saudi Arabia. That's where all the cool cats of the world are moving now.

Saudi Arabia isn't really a bad place. In fact it has a high standard of living, most of the people are well off, good economy and a lot of oil business there, and low crime rate. Some Americans moved there to work.

Although it's a bit strict and there's less freedom, it seems alright.

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-07 23:48:33

It hurts to live.

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-08 01:57:40

I have no idea of the context for anything going on here, but I thought Williamsburg was a cool place to wander round. Good bars too, and probably still cheaper than Manhattan!

BBS Signature

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-08 02:57:13

At 7/8/15 02:05 AM, SithCorduroy wrote:
At 7/8/15 02:00 AM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 7/7/15 11:38 PM, MiniLesson wrote: Saudi Arabia isn't really a bad place. In fact it has a high standard of living, most of the people are well off
Although it's a bit strict and there's less freedom
I do not trust people that are willing to sacrifice freedom for comfort
I'm convinced this guy is trolling.

Why would such a snobby hipster type come to the Newgrounds BBS of all places to ask what's the hippest place to move to?

I don't really identify as a hipster, but I like to be in areas that are hipster friendly due to the colorful vibe they give. I do like gelato and coffee shops other than another Starbucks, indie bars, murals on alleys and all kinds of artistic statues, the fashion sense, and just more. I just like most things about hipster areas and talking to supposed hipsters or self proclaimed hipsters. Hipsters are just people you can talk to about obscure things and expand it into deep conservations.

A lot of hipsters don't even like the label and I use the term too loosely. Not all hipsters are likable and some are snobbish and obnoxious, but you have to give them credit for being themselves and not afraid to show themselves off.

Being hipster is a life style. It's actually something they are passionate about and hipsters tend to be immersed in many art forms such as singing, writing, acting, drawing, painting, and much more. Hipsters are artistic people and I am supportive of gentrification.

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-08 03:57:24

Hipsters eh? I imagine in many neighborhoods like that you'd get berated for flying the American outside your house.

And suddenly I'm reminded of somebody.
If there's one thing I can't stand, it's post ironic hipsters.

RUN YOU LITTLE FUCKS!

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Hipster neighborhoods in NY and LA 2015-07-08 05:13:49

At 7/8/15 03:57 AM, wildfire4461 wrote: If there's one thing I can't stand, it's post ironic hipsters.

This was a fun level.

BBS Signature