00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coheed23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

old video game parody series

452 Views | 2 Replies

old video game parody series 2015-07-06 19:02:16

Does anyone remember an old video game parody web series that was about the following (from what I remember at least :P)?

It was about 4 video game characters from a fighting game in the medieval time period, who would often explore the internet to search for other video game series and sometimes just do their own adventures in their video game.

I know it came out before 2010 and was animated in flash. The characters move through tweening instead of frame by frame, but they were decently designed and had some decent background.

Here is the list of stuff that I remember,

-The characters were a hero, villain, centaur and a warrior who could shape shift and they would frequently be hanging out together (all three characters but the warrior are male)

-The centaur would sometimes pee in inopportune places without concern

-They meet Mario in episode one, but has a somewhat emotionless attitude with has a Russian accent, or a vocal inflection based on Borat (can't quite remember :P). Mario also goes by a different name (can't quite remember, but Luigi appears in the last episode and goes by the name Vlad, which i will discuss in the spoiler section)
-The hero ends up killing Mario by accident with his sword. No sound is made as he just lifts up his sword from off screen and it has stabbed mario all the way through.

-The warrior character's power is to shape shift, but mainly into lamps. She later gets the power to grow facial hair and defeats a dragon by turning into a Lamp burger with a mustache

-In the first episode, the characters save Princess Peach from Donkey Kong, who is smoking and has a rude disposition

Got some spoilers beyond this point from what I remember from the last episode

-During the last episode, the characters fight off several other video game characters. The villain becomes pixelated and is thrown off by how limited his visuals and sound effects became

-The warrior character faces off agains Link from Legend of Zelda. She transforms into a Lamp, Link laughs at her, but she falls over and Link catches on fire.

-After the famous video game characters die, the main four go onto the internet again and meet luigi who has the same attitude and voice like mario before, and also goes under a different name (Vlad)

-The hero character kills luigi by accident with his sword just like mario

-Toad appears at the end vowing to take revenge for loosing both mario bros.

Response to old video game parody series 2015-07-06 21:42:00

Did you try the Video Game Parodies Collection?

http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/videogameparodies

Response to old video game parody series 2015-07-07 00:51:50

At 7/6/15 09:42 PM, Bit wrote: Did you try the Video Game Parodies Collection?

http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/videogameparodies

Eh, when I saw the series, I believe I found it on Youtube and maybe Albino Blacksheep. Not sure if it was released on newgrounds.