00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Test My Game

284 Views | 2 Replies

Test My Game 2015-07-06 01:08:02

Since most people on the General forum aren't frequenters of the portal, and since I have a relatively small fanbase of only a couple hundred, I figure it won't really matter if I allow people to test this.

This is a game I've been working on for the past few months. It's basically what would happen if Megaman Battle Network were reimagined as a roguelike. The game is mostly finished, though I'm not sure how well balanced it is and how intuitive the controls are. All you need are the arrow keys and spacebar.

What I'd like you guys to do is try it without looking at the tutorial to see how intuitive the gameplay is overall, then try looking at the (poorly written) tutorial and gleaning what you can from that. Anything you still don't understand, ask about in this thread. The main things I want to get ironed out here are the key points that should be covered in the tutorial and how the game balance is. The final boss does not work yet, but it is meant to be encountered on the 25th floor, so the difficulty should be hovering around "really fucking hard" by the time you make it there.

One thing that I neglected to mention in the tutorial that will absolutely be added in is that the specific food you encounter in a dungeon will be the "main course" of the battle. It attacks without warning, saps your HP, and heals other units, so be extra careful fighting it.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Test My Game 2015-07-06 02:40:10

Well, it looks pretty bare-bones so far.

A notable glitch I found was that whenever you pressed space on the level to check your inventory and click anywhere on the map, that's where the Player will go. It's weird.

Music's pretty hip, though.

Response to Test My Game 2015-07-06 02:46:14

At 7/6/15 02:40 AM, ThePulp wrote: A notable glitch I found was that whenever you pressed space on the level to check your inventory and click anywhere on the map, that's where the Player will go. It's weird.

The menu is navigated with the arrows. I accidentally left in the clicking-to-move feature because I was using it for testing purposes.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)