00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dream Archive

816 Views | 21 Replies

Dream Archive 2015-07-05 06:01:09

Dreams have always fascinated me, how they can hold hidden meanings. How certain experiences you have had in your day to day life affect what type of dream you may or may not have when you go to sleep. I've never really thought about it until now how much of a persons creativity bleeds into the dreams they have, forgotten dreams are kind of like wasted potential, ideas lost in the wind.

I wanted to make a thread where people can offload the dreams they have had, whilst they're still fresh in their minds. Maybe certain aspects of those experiences may spark a creative idea in someones head to use in their work?

I feel slightly hollow inside.

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-05 06:56:51 (edited 2015-07-05 06:57:50)

When i was younger, maybe around eight years old i used to go to my fathers house with my brother over the weekends to stay. My fathers house was outside of the town i lived, in quite a secluded location in the countryside, it was the only house for a fair few miles. The house itself was sorrounded by fields and a large woodland area, i had a lot of great memories there growing up but i would have the same reoccuring dream (nightmare) whenever i would go to sleep for the night.

Being considerably younger than my brother i would have to go to bed at a set time, my father and my brother would usually be downstairs watching television for a couple more hours before they would go to bed. the living room was connected to the stairs that led up to the shared room i had with my brother, my fathers room was opposite ours. I wasn't very fond of the layout of the stairs, they did a half spiral up from the door and then led straight up but at nighttime you can't see anything because of how awkward the light was placed, you would just see darkness at the very top of the stairs, didn't help i was terrified of the back then.

In the bedrom i shared with my brother we didn't really have much stuff, maybe cheap toys shoved in the corner and a bunkbed, i would usually have to sleep on the bottom bunk. I hated that room, the view outside of the window was just the black silhouette of the trees outside, i would usually end up tucking my head under the the quilt cover to go to sleep.

Dream Starts
I wake up on the top bunk, usually the part that unsettles me first due to falling asleep on the bottom bunk. I'm lay facing directly up at the ceiling, i can't move. I feel something at the end of the bed tugging on my ankles slowly pulling me closer and closer toward the edge until i'm sat directly on the end of the bed upright, it's so dark i can't see anything just an abyss where the floor should be.

My body slowly leans forward falling off of the edge of the bed, time seems to have slowed down. All of a sudden i feel a black mass wrap its arms around me pulling me over it's shoulder, i can never see the face of the figure, i'm always looking away from where i'm being taken. I see the window and outside i can no longer see the black outline of the trees, the sky is no longer visible. I get carried down the stairs by this mass of darkness, eventually reaching the living room. I see my father and my brother sitting there watching tv, the light of the television casting a glow on their faces, i try to scream and shout for help but nothing comes out, they can't see or hear me.

I am eventually taken outside, the black outline of the trees are now visible again. I see the house now getting further away as the dark figure continues to walk to the woods, i close my eyes and when i open them again i see people stood in the field i'm being carried through all looking towards the house. I could never make out their faces, the dream would usually end with me being taken to the edge of the woods and by this time i am able to shout again, by then it's too late, the figures in the field hear me and look at me in surprise but then the dream ends.
Dream ends

i wake up. i have had this same dream so many times when i was a kid, to the extent i can't forget it. never really understood what it meant.

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-05 11:19:28

It's funny, because I remember this one time where I had to keep a dream journal of everything I had dreamt about. The weird thing is that I really did remember all of my dreams, probably because I was just trying to. I'm not interested in looking into it right now.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-05 12:14:57

At 7/5/15 09:52 AM, Hoodie wrote: You can dream while you're awake if you want.

LSD is the same chemical that forms in your head while you're dreaming, so just take LSD.

lsd is not in your brain. dmt is in your brain. lsd mimmics seratonin in your brain you see... not the same thing :)

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-05 12:27:51

Look into lucid dreaming, OP. It makes dreams even better.

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-05 12:33:48

Non of these comments are actually contributing to the point of the thread, bit of a waste of time posting this in general section.

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-05 17:01:20

I suppose wet dreams aren't so creative.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-05 20:27:54 (edited 2015-07-05 20:28:06)

A lot of my dreams involve walking around urban city environments reminiscent of where I live, but different somehow.

It's like certain places have been mashed into other sections of the city and everything got a retexture of sorts. A wild mishmash of urban bliss. Nothing but walking around and interacting with the environment and dream versions of people I know.

They get interesting from time to time, but a lot of the time they're just ambient and boring.

I am real fuckin' boring deep down.

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-05 21:23:35

I really should start writing my dreams down, I'll keep this thread in mind. Because I really can't remember my most recent dreams, I can only remember that I remembered them. I only remember one dream, about a week ago, that I got a job at the local grocery store. And I got paid. :(

But fuck that, I don't need a job, I'm Norwegian, I have money.

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-05 22:37:32 (edited 2015-07-05 22:37:56)

okayy. i had a dream last night.

i was a reporter for paranormal news and i was staying in a town with haunted talking candles until i was killed by them.
i was killed by the candle i was supposed to feature on my next story, and the candle i featured the day before.

the next day, my death was all over the news. i was killed, but i wasn't killed! i was telling people that i know how i've been killed.
and they were like "how did you know?" and i would be like "i just know!"

and there.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-05 22:40:55

i had a dream where i had a social life and could talk to people.
it was awful.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-06 01:52:34 (edited 2015-07-06 01:52:50)

At 7/5/15 12:27 PM, Bit wrote: Look into lucid dreaming, OP. It makes dreams even better.

Of course I always have a lucid dream in the most boring scenarios in my dream. Like in my dream I'll be in a store or something.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-06 12:09:46

I dreamed I was learning to drive in Japan, where they drive on the left side of the road instead of the right.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-06 18:54:56

I've had a few dreams where they've given me ideas for characters and such, and I almost always remember my dreams. I only record my dreams if I think they're interesting enough though. I'm pretty sure most of us have had a dream where we've woken up in the morning and thought, "what the fuck just happened."

The last dream I had that made me think, "whoa, what the fuck" was a few nights ago. Basically I dreamt that I was in a lesbian relationship with a girl who used to be at my school (I've never had a crush on her by the way). It was actually pretty fucking cute, no sexual stuff. Just hand holding and hugging and all that

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-07 16:30:38

most people forget their dreams.

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-08 00:36:57

my brain doesnt do bullshit dreams.

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-08 01:29:21

At 7/8/15 12:36 AM, finicalprickle wrote: my brain doesnt do bullshit dreams.

Why comment in a thread about dreams then? doesn't it defeat the point in being here?

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-08 02:42:03

At 7/8/15 01:29 AM, VacantVirtuoso wrote: Why comment in a thread about dreams then?

Bit the fuckin' bait.

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-08 02:46:10

lmao i mean i dont dream about being on spaceships getting chased by dinoaurs and other stuff that can never happen. Fantasy is not reality.

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-29 19:31:47

Last night I dreamt that I impulsively decided to travel to Japan on a plane by myself. In real life, it would make no sense for me to do that, I don't hate the country, but I'm not a weeaboo either and I've only ever watched a few animes, like DBZ and Pokemon. So I don't have any desire to go there in reality.

Anyway, I'm in one of the hallways of the airport and there I meet this guy I know IRL. I guess he's an acquaintance of mine, before summer break we went to the same school. But we talked only a few times that year, so we are not close or anything. Come to think of it, I don't even remember his name at the top of my head.

We are quite surprised to see each other, in motherfucking Japan of all places. I follow him to his hotel because you know, two Norwegians in Japan, why not hang out for a while? We get to his hotel room and apparently I hadn't booked any hotel yet, so I ask him if we can share the room if I pay half (there were two beds). I think he said yes, if I remember correctly.

At this point, I remember that I had an important appointment tomorrow morning, and now it was night. So I start worrying about what I was gonna do and how I could've messed up so badly and wonder why I would suddenly go to Japan at all.

That's all I remember.

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-29 19:37:20

honestly i've never had dreams before. i don't know why, maybe i do and i just dont realise

Sig made by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Archive 2015-07-29 23:10:06

Any of you guys know of the Archie Comics?
I just had a dream that revolved around the Archie comics last night, except it was an anime instead of a comic, and Veronica was a blonde, while Betty was a brunette, and none of the characters looked like they do in the comic. It was weird, cuz the dream was like as if I was watching this anime from start to finish, and I woke up right in the middle of the final episode, where "Archie" was tentatively going to decide on who he loved more, though in true anime fashion, that probably wasnt going to happen even though I wanted it to.
I was half tempted to try to fall back asleep so I could finish the dream, but I had shit to do, so I couldnt. I was so disappointed, cuz I really wanted to see that ending.

I wonder what it all means