00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FloofGaming just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

#YouMightBeARacist

768 Views | 17 Replies

#YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 03:06:28

I went on Twitter today to find that the hashtag #YouMightBeARacist was trending.

I don't know about you guys but I think this is getting a little out of hand. Opinions on what exactly discrimination is, and how it should be dealt with are constantly being debated.
What do you guys think? Is all this online social justice stuff necessary? Does pointing out someone being racist make you less racist? If someone does something racist and nobody tweets about it did it ever happen at all?

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 03:23:19

You might be racist if you judge others based on race.

I'm not sure why there's a big debate about this at all.

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 03:24:55

At 7/5/15 03:23 AM, Bit wrote: You might be racist if you judge others based on race.

I'm not sure why there's a big debate about this at all.

could it really be that simple?

#YouMightBeARacist

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 04:44:39

At 7/5/15 03:20 AM, Sekhem wrote: yes, i'm constantly upset by all the SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS pointing out racism online... i mean... c'mon RACISM? why not do something important like play world of warcraft

Or complain on Newgrounds!

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 05:45:27

At 7/5/15 03:06 AM, 372 wrote: I don't know about you guys but I think this is getting a little out of hand.

Sounds like it is.

What do you guys think?

Sounds like it's getting outta hand.

Is all this online social justice stuff necessary?

Only when it doesn't get outta hand.

Does pointing out someone being racist make you less racist?

Not really.

If someone does something racist and nobody tweets about it did it ever happen at all?

Of course.

That's a dumb rhetorical question.

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 05:57:19

Everything's racist in that shithole.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 06:43:31

At 7/5/15 03:06 AM, 372 wrote: What do you guys think?

Online social networks have made people less social. Thanks for proving it once again.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 12:25:22

Standing up for your brethren regardless of colour or creed makes you a loving person.
Playing the race card over and over again makes you a racist, unless your goal is to get rid of said race card. But even then people just go about eradicting racism by being racist. How does that help matters?

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 18:27:41

At 7/5/15 03:20 AM, Sekhem wrote: yes, i'm constantly upset by all the SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS pointing out racism online... i mean... c'mon RACISM? why not do something important like play world of warcraft

chill out bro i hate white people too im on your side

#YouMightBeARacist

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 18:46:59

I AM NOT RACIST I AM WHITE THERE'S A DIFFERENCE

please overlook the fact that the irish were held as slaves as well from 1600-1800s and they were worth less per dollar value
seriously there was some massive class differences for everybody back then

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 19:21:09

At 7/5/15 07:14 PM, Zachary wrote: It's also because people who actually are doing something about racism in the world are not sitting on twitter from their comfy air condition home in the suburb.

QFT.

It's like those dipshits who were posting pictures of themselves holding signs saying "#BringBackOurGirls" on Twitter in response to Boko Haram kidnapping schoolgirls in Nigeria. I mean, I can kinda understand why a bunch of stupid kids were doing it, but I can't fathom how a grown adult can convince themselves that a meaningless post on Twitter could possibly sway a terrorist group into releasing hostages.

Hashtags don't change the world. Action does.

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 19:29:38

At 7/5/15 07:26 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: Have you been to Cracked lately?

Every other article is "Why Lord of the Rings is racist", or "Why you are a racist without realizing it".

Cracked sucks now.

This is why I have never used and never will use social media. As soon as you open one of these websites in your web browser you can immediately feel your IQ start to plummet. It's like television.

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 19:51:48

At 7/5/15 07:14 PM, Zachary wrote: edit: Looked up some of the tweets and cherry picked some good ones...
"#YouMightBeRacist if you think it's racist to have a Black History Month and unfair that there is no White History Month."
"#YouMightBeRacist if you are White and you don't understand you were TRAINED to be racist. "
"#YouMightBeRacist if you are White and you claim "I am not a racist."

I didn't know how racist I was until now. I have been enlightened.

smh, Zachary. You are literally Hitler. I bet you don't even feel guilty about being a slave owner.

smh again

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 20:29:42

At 7/5/15 07:14 PM, Zachary wrote: I don't think that there needs to be a white history month, but saying that it is racist to say that is just idiotic.

Sounds like it's idiotically racist.

Nailed it.

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 21:12:04

this shit is getting out of hand.

glad i live in the south where i don't have be pc.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 21:15:48

At 7/5/15 09:12 PM, zornuzkull wrote: I love how if you disagree with certain ideologues...
They automatically asume your white and call you a shitlord...
The joys of civil discourse eh?..

Liberalism 101.

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-05 21:27:34

I'm not racist... I hate everyone equally.

derp

Response to #YouMightBeARacist 2015-07-06 02:00:11

At 7/6/15 01:10 AM, UkeFox wrote: We really need to start showing Avenue Q to children in place of Sesame Street.

People are saying 'Steven Universe' is doing a splendid job with that.

Then again, what do people know?