00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The New Ghostbusters

2,910 Views | 43 Replies

The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 12:17:48

Why is is so terrible already? They're trying way too hard to appeal to the opposite sex and not make it fun for everyone. Sony even tried to sue Bill Murray to just appear in it. Being that desperate must mean your film quality is already bad.

The New Ghostbusters

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 12:57:33

At 7/1/15 12:17 PM, Boomstick wrote: Why is is so terrible already?

Melissa McCarthy

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 13:04:17

soiled it

As a southern straight white male cyclist, I'm probably the most hated person in America right now

BBS Signature

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 13:05:17

It will be terrible rubbish. Making all cast all girls, does not equal comedy or a good film.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 19:58:22

I thought this was going to get canned after almost everyone even some women being upset about a remake? Even the original Ghostbusters cast thinks this is a bad idea. This shows you how idiotic Hollywood is. They are never original and they blame it on the Consumer because they say we don't want original stuff. So they shovel shit in our face that we don't even want. I won't be seeing this movie. Don't care if I'm labeled sexist by liberals or anyone. I wouldn't seen it even if it had males as the leads since it doesn't even have the original cast in it. It has no Murray, Hudson, Aykroyd, Weaver, or even Rick Moranis. This is just a sick twisted joke to me personally. I grew up with the Real Ghostbusters.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 20:03:19

At 7/1/15 12:57 PM, Bit wrote:
Melissa McCarthy

says it all right here.

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 20:09:57

At 7/1/15 08:03 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote:
Melissa McCarthy
says it all right here.

Never watched a movie she has been in. Is she really that bad? Whats wrong with her? She is not funny?

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 20:11:15

At 7/1/15 08:09 PM, TheKlown wrote:
At 7/1/15 08:03 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote:
Melissa McCarthy
says it all right here.
Never watched a movie she has been in. Is she really that bad? Whats wrong with her? She is not funny?

watch one of her movies and find out. normally, she is fucking hilarious in my opinion
but in this case its just weird, just no.

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 20:16:53

There is one reason this movie will fail that is much bigger than how horrible I agree Melissa McCarthy will be. And that reason is gimmicks. This movie is founded on a gimmick. We heard it would be an all female cast months before we heard who anyone in the cast would be. This was cleverly designed to both test the waters and let the humanitarians dig in to support whoever it turned out to be.
As far as the original cast, Bill Murray didn't even want to do a good Ghostbusters sequel so I'll assume he's just sticking to his guns. Dan Akroyd has come out saying he loves the idea of an all female team. Whether or not he said that because he'd be crucified for saying anything else is open to interpretation.
But the final nail in the coffin was this story. http://www.blastr.com/2015-6-11/paul-feig-casts-avenger-receptionist-his-ghostbusters Chris Helmsworth, Thor, is going to be the receptionist. Get it? Four women with a male receptionist. It's a switcheroo. Give this director all of the Oscars for being the most progressive man ever!

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 20:29:18

I will be surprised if this even brings them out of the red let alone make a profit. I grew up watching ghost busters and this mockery is literally taking a shit on what we grow up with.

It isn't unique and it is something I will stay away from.

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 20:32:17

At 7/1/15 08:20 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: this all sounds like a world gone topsy turvy to me
the thought of stereotypical gender roles being reversed leaves me feeling afraid and bewildered

Yes, clearly my objection to cynical gimmick casting meant to serve no purpose towards storytelling but merely to say they did it and rake in the free publicity means I'm upset women can vote now.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 20:35:56

At 7/1/15 08:33 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 7/1/15 08:32 PM, stafffighter wrote: Yes, clearly my objection to cynical gimmick casting meant to serve no purpose towards storytelling but merely to say they did it and rake in the free publicity means I'm upset women can vote now.
I wasn't coming down on you bro
I agree with you
maybe it didn't come across well in my post

Sorry. Tone can be hard to read online. So it's agreed neither of us are seeing this. But we're on for Magic Mike 2, right?

BBS Signature

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 20:41:56

At 7/1/15 08:37 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
this is the first time I have ever heard of magic mike
I can't commit to watching it rn so I'ma chill

Ok, then I'm gonna have to find another dude to go with me. I can't watch male strippers alone. That'd just be weird.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 20:42:39

At 7/1/15 08:16 PM, stafffighter wrote: There is one reason this movie will fail that is much bigger than how horrible I agree Melissa McCarthy will be. And that reason is gimmicks. This movie is founded on a gimmick. We heard it would be an all female cast months before we heard who anyone in the cast would be. This was cleverly designed to both test the waters and let the humanitarians dig in to support whoever it turned out to be.
As far as the original cast, Bill Murray didn't even want to do a good Ghostbusters sequel so I'll assume he's just sticking to his guns. Dan Akroyd has come out saying he loves the idea of an all female team. Whether or not he said that because he'd be crucified for saying anything else is open to interpretation.
But the final nail in the coffin was this story. http://www.blastr.com/2015-6-11/paul-feig-casts-avenger-receptionist-his-ghostbusters Chris Helmsworth, Thor, is going to be the receptionist. Get it? Four women with a male receptionist. It's a switcheroo. Give this director all of the Oscars for being the most progressive man ever!

Information leaked on the web about how most of the Ghostbusters original cast thinks this is a bad Idea. Especially in Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson's case. The Sony scandal leaked Murray's real opinion about this movie and Ernie Hudson has the biggest balls of them all. Hudson came out and said he thinks it's not a good idea to tamper with a classic basically.

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 20:51:51 (edited 2015-07-01 20:53:15)

I honestly think you guys should only complain about this when it comes out. There's no reason for a gender-opposite Ghostbusters to be bad, unless the comedy sucks or they push the gender angle too much.

I'm not saying it's going to be great - I thought the Mad Max movie released this year would suck, but apparently it's worth watch. But to chastise a movie just because of opposite sex casting is pretty weak.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 21:03:26

At 7/1/15 08:51 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I honestly think you guys should only complain about this when it comes out. There's no reason for a gender-opposite Ghostbusters to be bad, unless the comedy sucks or they push the gender angle too much.

I'm not saying it's going to be great - I thought the Mad Max movie released this year would suck, but apparently it's worth watch. But to chastise a movie just because of opposite sex casting is pretty weak.

This is the root of my objection. That the early announcement of the concept and the further stunt casting heavily implies that they're pushing the gender angle. The first thing we heard about this movie was that it was going to star "four hilarious women" Nothing about who the women would be, the story that was going to be told, or if it would exist in the same universe, just the gender issue. And then do you think it's just a coincidence the perfect actor to play off them in the supporting role is a burly mans man? They lead with it heavy and it's not anyone's fault for seeing that coming.

My issue isn't that it's an all female cast. I'm sure there are teams of women who, with a good script could have been hilarious. Actually I read one really great idea that this could be a story where Ghostbusting has become a franchise and it's an in universe gimmick that this team is all female.

My issue is that they both lead and ran with it.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 21:13:05

lord magic mike is so great and in so many ways
dont start that one

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-01 21:15:57

I'll be fine with whatever they do as long as they don't fuck up Slimer or the Ghostbusters theme song, or else I'll fuck them up.

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-02 02:44:06

More stuff, honestly cosplayers put more effort in a proton pack than this.

The New Ghostbusters

BBS Signature

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-02 03:56:24

At 7/2/15 02:44 AM, Boomstick wrote: More stuff, honestly cosplayers put more effort in a proton pack than this.

Oh I've seen people with those! They make a loud noise and blow leaves around.

Perhaps these new ghostbusters are busting leaf-based ghosts?

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-02 15:36:26

At 7/2/15 02:44 AM, Boomstick wrote: More stuff, honestly cosplayers put more effort in a proton pack than this.

That is a heart in the radiation symbol. Because they're girls.

The New Ghostbusters

BBS Signature

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-02 16:23:14

I will not see it, and I have been telling others to avoid it.

" The New Ghostbusters " be sure to miss it on opening day, and forever.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-02 18:59:33

At 7/2/15 04:23 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I will not see it, and I have been telling others to avoid it.

" The New Ghostbusters " be sure to miss it on opening day, and forever.

Now now. They might have some leaf-based ghosts to take care of and you don't want to miss that action now do you?

Who knows what those leaf ghosts might do if they don't blow them away. They might even slowly fall through the air and have the audacity to land on a rich person's car! They will tackle this problem by using gas-burning environmentally-destructive "proton packs" (otherwise known as leaf blowers) to protect the cars of the 1%'ers from being slightly inconvenienced.

There are four of them so one can stand at-guard at all times on both sides and front and back of the car, to tackle any leaf ghosts that might venture forward.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-02 19:15:41

Bah! Women!

They're just cis scum all the same.

What this movie needs is an all transgender cast!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-02 19:21:56

At 7/2/15 07:15 PM, Painbringer wrote: Bah! Women!

They're just cis scum all the same.

What this movie needs is an all transgender cast!

Now wait just a sec...

Oh my. I almost fell for the bait.

Anyway... I'm not thrilled about this film... the Terminator sequel or another Alien film. I'm not even a little curious about the upcoming Star Wars flick.

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-02 19:29:34

At 7/2/15 03:36 PM, stafffighter wrote:
That is a heart in the radiation symbol. Because they're girls.

I seriously hope they don't make this movie two hours of "BTW I'm a girl ;)"...

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-02 19:33:12

What a sad, sad attempt at pandering.

Can't wait to watch it.

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-02 20:13:47

At 7/2/15 07:21 PM, someaveragechap wrote: or another Alien film.

Dude, Alien 5 is something to be somewhat hyped for. We've Got Neill Blomkamp directing(District 9, Chappie, Elysium) so we'll get CGI, but not something terrible from it. Sigourney Weaver is reprising her role, Michael Biehn and Bill Paxton are also interested in joining again.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-02 20:18:59

At 7/2/15 08:13 PM, Boomstick wrote:
Dude, Alien 5 is something to be somewhat hyped for. We've Got Neill Blomkamp directing(District 9, Chappie, Elysium) so we'll get CGI, but not something terrible from it. Sigourney Weaver is reprising her role, Michael Biehn and Bill Paxton are also interested in joining again.

I was hyped for Prometheus. I was disappointed. And that had Ridley Scott directing it. HR Giger is dead too. His designs can live on, but sometimes a francise just needs to be put to bed.

Who's directing this New Ghostbusters flick anyway?

Response to The New Ghostbusters 2015-07-02 20:30:58

At 7/2/15 08:18 PM, someaveragechap wrote:
Who's directing this New Ghostbusters flick anyway?

That would be paul fieg. director of bridesmaids, the heat, spy, and probably other movies.

Also, if Michael Biehn is going to be in the new aliens movie could he have a scene where he punches the guy who plays Kyle Reese in the new Terminator? Infact, can we just make a whole movie out of that?

BBS Signature