00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fallout Shelter the App

1,709 Views | 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Fallout Shelter the App 2015-06-23 21:17:47

Not ANOTHER Fallout thread right?

Sorry!

I looked and didn't see one about this game. If there is one, just link me and I'll delete this.

I just started playing Fallout Shelter, the app game. ( It's currently only available for ios/apple/iphones etc. )

I'm enjoying it, it's kinda like Sim Tower from back in the 90s.

I have a few places I'm stuck. When raiders attack, my little people just kinda scatter and don't fight. I finally found a gun so I'm hoping next attack I do a little better.
I'm also having a hard time making money/caps. I was doing well at first, now the money is real slow.

Anyone else playing? Love it/hate it? Tips?

Want some cake? I baked a chocolate cake.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-06-23 22:48:58

I've been playing it a for a little while and so far I like it. I haven't really had any major problems yet, been managing etc.

And yes. Give me Cake. Now. Now.

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-06-24 10:50:56

Sorry for such a noob question, but it mentions you can build 2 rooms of the same type next to each other and they will connect into one. So far this has only worked for me with the living quarters. Should all rooms be doing this or is it only some?

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-06-24 18:17:39

Is there any known release date for the Android version?

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-06-24 20:51:15 (edited 2015-06-24 20:53:59)

Personally, I love it (though it is a little too luck based, can be either an absolute nightmare or a cakewalk depending on loot) and Bethesda did a great job with the way they're managing the hype for Fallout. The app's even popular amongst people who aren't fans of Fallout, and is a featured game on the app store as well as the #1 free app right now. The only thing that comes remotely close to the hype of Fallout 4 is Star Wars Battlefront 3, from what I've seen.

At 6/23/15 09:17 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I have a few places I'm stuck. When raiders attack, my little people just kinda scatter and don't fight. I finally found a gun so I'm hoping next attack I do a little better.

Anyone who is pregnant or a child will flee the room in the event of a raider attack. Otherwise, even though it may show them running around the room- simply having a dweller in the room WILL cause damage to the raiders. Same with having a raider in the room; regardless if it looks like they're fighting.

I always keep my best armed guys in a room right underneath the vault door. Raiders will always run to the nearest populated room, so I keep my living quarters empty and at the top floor, so the raiders go straight to the floor below and run to the immediate left to fight my dwellers- who annihilate them because one has an alien blaster and the other has an advanced flamer (both godsends)

I'm also having a hard time making money/caps. I was doing well at first, now the money is real slow.

You shouldn't really need to buy a lot. Expanding too quick is a huge, huge mistake and usually results in too little power to run it and eventually being in a famine with all of your resources. Just keep doing those objectives. Aside from that, sometimes rooms themselves generate caps- but it's worth noting that you'll get caps whenever someone levels up. Just leave it idle for a while, lay off spending and just farm the caps. You'll get there. I have just under 25,000 caps and 49 dwellers.

At 6/24/15 06:17 PM, Eddmario wrote: Is there any known release date for the Android version?

They said it's coming in a couple of months.

Tip: DO NOT LEAVE ROOMS UNATTENDED. FUCKING RADROACHES EVERYWHERE

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-06-24 21:10:58

At 6/24/15 02:40 PM, zornuzkull wrote:
At 6/24/15 10:50 AM, SevenSeize wrote: Sorry for such a noob question, but it mentions you can build 2 rooms of the same type next to each other and they will connect into one. So far this has only worked for me with the living quarters. Should all rooms be doing this or is it only some?
Rooms must be the of the same level and type...
If they ain't fusing upgrade them...

Mine were not the same level, that must've been it, thanks!

At 6/24/15 07:47 PM, zornuzkull wrote:
At 6/24/15 06:17 PM, Eddmario wrote: Is there any known release date for the Android version?
Not that I'm aware of but it's coming... Apparently...

The rumor on the Fallout FB groups is within 2 months. My phone is an Android, I'm playing this game on my old ipad. It crashes a lot, but I'm addicted and this is all I have.

At 6/24/15 08:51 PM, TOXlCITY wrote: Personally, I love it (though it is a little too luck based, can be either an absolute nightmare or a cakewalk depending on loot) and Bethesda did a great job with the way they're managing the hype for Fallout. The app's even popular amongst people who aren't fans of Fallout, and is a featured game on the app store as well as the #1 free app right now. The only thing that comes remotely close to the hype of Fallout 4 is Star Wars Battlefront 3, from what I've seen.

I'm enjoying it too, but I think a lot of that is also because I loved Sim Tower. I love building management and simulation games. Throw in Fallout and it's perfect to me.

At 6/23/15 09:17 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
Anyone who is pregnant or a child will flee the room in the event of a raider attack. Otherwise, even though it may show them running around the room- simply having a dweller in the room WILL cause damage to the raiders. Same with having a raider in the room; regardless if it looks like they're fighting.

Thank you! I found some weapons so now at least I can see the fighting and it makes me feel better.

I always keep my best armed guys in a room right underneath the vault door. Raiders will always run to the nearest populated room, so I keep my living quarters empty and at the top floor, so the raiders go straight to the floor below and run to the immediate left to fight my dwellers- who annihilate them because one has an alien blaster and the other has an advanced flamer (both godsends)

I didn't know they went to the most populated room. Do you still have people guarding your door? I've upgraded my vault door twice, if that matters.

You shouldn't really need to buy a lot. Expanding too quick is a huge, huge mistake and usually results in too little power to run it and eventually being in a famine with all of your resources. Just keep doing those objectives. Aside from that, sometimes rooms themselves generate caps- but it's worth noting that you'll get caps whenever someone levels up. Just leave it idle for a while, lay off spending and just farm the caps. You'll get there. I have just under 25,000 caps and 49 dwellers.

I've been working on the objectives today. If I notice my resources running low, I stop building anything until things are running comfortably again. I'm still on 19 dwellers, definitely taking it slow.

Tip: DO NOT LEAVE ROOMS UNATTENDED. FUCKING RADROACHES EVERYWHERE

Oh yes. I only have the living quarters unattended right now and they are constantly catching on fire or roaches etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-06-24 21:15:24 (edited 2015-06-24 21:15:49)

At 6/24/15 09:10 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I didn't know they went to the most populated room. Do you still have people guarding your door? I've upgraded my vault door twice, if that matters.

Oh I don't know about the most populated room- but they do run to the nearest room that has people in it. In my case, it's the first one to the left, right underneath the door.

Door upgrades aren't nearly as helpful as they sound. Only if you need additional time to gather your resistance. It doesn't stop raiders at all- just makes it take a little longer for them to bust in. I have them fully upgraded and it does help if you need to move dwellers around before they get through.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

BBS Signature

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-06-25 04:40:24

At 6/24/15 09:52 AM, zornuzkull wrote: It's to easy...
Would be nice to get attacked by something other than raiders to...
But at least it doesn't try to gouge you every 5 minutes...

True, although the Raiders will get better weapons the further you progress. The best weapon a Raider has had in my game was a laser pistol. Sure it didn't help them, since I've equipped my best guys with gauss rifles and and shit, but still it was nice to see that that weren't always attacking with make-shift swords.

Also it might be just me but attacks, infestations and fires happens more often further in. But still it would be nice to have something more happen to threaten your vault.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-06-25 17:35:52 (edited 2015-06-25 17:36:13)

At 6/25/15 04:40 AM, Mismo wrote: Raiders

It's also worth noting that they slowly start to attack in larger numbers.

Still, though. Try facing off against three dwellers- one with Lincoln's repeater, one with an enhanced flamer, and one with a rusty alien blaster.
It'd be nice if other things attacked. Maybe deathclaws or mirelurks could start attacking, Iunno. Fun game as is.

What's the best loot you guys have gotten? For me I'd say the rusty alien blaster, Eulogy Jones (rare dweller), and power armor (not T51b, unfortunately.)

BBS Signature

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-06-26 01:11:33

I'm having a lot of fun with the game. I seem to run out of food and water a lot, though, I think I have too many dwellers. I just have four in the living quarters constantly fucking and pumping out children.

At 6/25/15 05:35 PM, TOXlCITY wrote: What's the best loot you guys have gotten? For me I'd say the rusty alien blaster, Eulogy Jones (rare dweller), and power armor (not T51b, unfortunately.)

The best outfit I have is Scribe Rothchild's Robe, it gives P+2, E+1, C+2, and I+2. Helps a lot when I send new dwellers out on their Rite of Passage into the Wasteland.

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-06-27 00:22:43

Mine always fucking die somehow, or I forget about the game, come back and forget that Radroaches popped up and I had to close the app for work, then I open it again, and they're all at minimal health and the radroaches have spread everywhere. Maybe if I were more of a phone guy, but I try to avoid my phone as much as possible when I'm home... Makes it hard to play, great game though I'm sure, I just suck at these mobile things.

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-06-28 00:59:03

I suck at this shit and give up, someone gift me FO3 on steam please.

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-08-17 18:22:57

At 6/24/15 07:47 PM, zornuzkull wrote:
Not that I'm aware of but it's coming... Apparently...

It's out for Android now.
And awesome

Dingoes are just mean dogs.

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-08-17 19:27:11

In all honesty, is this game really worth getting?

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-08-17 20:23:53

At 8/17/15 07:27 PM, BioSlade wrote: In all honesty, is this game really worth getting?

It's been mentioned already....it is kinda repetitive and not very rewarding I guess. Not instantly, anyway. More worth it in the long run I think.

I think it's definitely worth trying, its free in the play store, or was when I got it.

Dingoes are just mean dogs.

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-08-18 20:20:14

I'd have to say since it's free, it won't hurt to try it.

I also downloaded a free app called google opinion rewards, and it pays you real money to do surveys. The money is credited to your google play account. So I did the intro survey, got a free dollar, then used that free dollar to buy a Mr. Handy/Mr. Gutsy etc.

I am kinda annoyed, the last few lunchboxes I earned, not bought because I refuse to spend money from my bank account on an app game---they only had caps for the special card. I don't care about 500 caps! I want a special vault dweller/weapon!

BBS Signature

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-08-18 22:27:11

Ten plus floors and I'm completely selfsufficienf with almost 70 dwellers.

Fallout Shelter the App

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-08-19 05:36:40

This is my Vault so far

Fallout Shelter the App

Follow me here: http://valor56.newgrounds.com/follo w You teach me and I'll teach you

Pokémon

BBS Signature

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-08-20 12:05:49 (edited 2015-08-20 12:06:01)

I got it. Played it. Named my vault 420. Sucked at it. Wasted 10$ on lunch boxes.

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-08-21 11:12:28

Might download it later.

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-08-23 18:11:58

I'm taking it super slow. I'm up to like 6 floors and I only have 55 dwellers. I refuse to put in a radio station because I heard that starts deathclaw attacks and I heard those are super hard to beat.

Any experience with deathclaws? Advice?

I'm a member of the Fallout FB groups and I noticed people saying you can turn off autosave, on the app. Is that true? I see nowhere to do so.

BBS Signature

Response to Fallout Shelter the App 2015-09-07 00:49:34

At 6/23/15 09:17 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Not ANOTHER Fallout thread right?

I wish I could try it out, but it's not available on my Samsung Galaxy S Blazer :/