00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Snooze34 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best Music Making programs?

1,119 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Best Music Making programs? 2015-06-23 15:59:09

I myself have just used FL Studio, just wondering what other programs are out there for making music.

Response to Best Music Making programs? 2015-06-23 16:22:23

Check out this post on musicradar. It is sort of old, but it lists some of the best music making programs.

The 19 best DAW software apps in the world today

BBS Signature

Response to Best Music Making programs? 2015-06-23 16:28:45

At 6/23/15 04:22 PM, supaman321 wrote: Check out this post on musicradar. It is sort of old, but it lists some of the best music making programs.

The 19 best DAW software apps in the world today

Wow man, thanks! Much appreciated.

Response to Best Music Making programs? 2015-06-23 16:31:05

I use Ableton. No complaints - its a great program. I don't plan on using anything else anytime soon.

Response to Best Music Making programs? 2015-06-23 16:40:45

At 6/23/15 04:31 PM, TheSubfrost wrote: I use Ableton. No complaints - its a great program. I don't plan on using anything else anytime soon.

Cool, I just trying to find what other programs people liked to use.

Oh and I listened to some of your music before. Good stuff man, keep it up.

Response to Best Music Making programs? 2015-06-23 17:12:11

At 6/23/15 04:40 PM, axle212 wrote:
At 6/23/15 04:31 PM, TheSubfrost wrote: I use Ableton. No complaints - its a great program. I don't plan on using anything else anytime soon.

Thanks!

I actually started off using MuLab since it was free. It is great for the (no) price, but Ableton is worth every dollar imo. I've always wanted to try FL Studio out, but I'm on a Mac. How do you like it?

Response to Best Music Making programs? 2015-06-23 17:52:58

At 6/23/15 05:12 PM, TheSubfrost wrote:
At 6/23/15 04:40 PM, axle212 wrote:

Thanks!

I actually started off using MuLab since it was free. It is great for the (no) price, but Ableton is worth every dollar imo. I've always wanted to try FL Studio out, but I'm on a Mac. How do you like it?

No problem.

I've been using FL Studio off and on for about a year now, and I'm still learning new things! It's a very expansive software with so many options and things you can tweak. I guess I'll put it this way: It's fairly easy to use, but very hard to master. This is coming from a beginner, so that's all I can tell you from my experience so far. I think there is a FL Studio Demo that is available to download, I highly suggest giving it a try!

I'll look into MuLab and Ableton also. Thanks!

At 6/24/15 04:38 AM, dem0lecule wrote: There isn't a best program. It only matters with how you're going to use them.

Yeah this.

Pick a DAW with the most natural feel in relation to your workflow and stick with it for a while. Later on you will realize what it is that you are actually lacking, and you will purchase based on your own experience(s).

You can try reading a bit and watching videos about any future DAW, and then you can more easily find the one that seems to attract you the most.

Response to Best Music Making programs? 2015-06-24 09:03:41

I get sick of seeing threads with this title. Seriously, "best" music making programs?

Pick a program, know the ins and outs of it, and use it well. That's all there is to it. At the end of the day, if you can churn out really high quality music that can rival any pro out there, you've used your DAW well.

On that note, I would like to request a cap on any thread that goes "best music making programs" -- 1) doesn't the FAQ already cover this? 2) every piece of software out there is given a mention, as long as its terms of service don't run contrary to those of NG.

Response to Best Music Making programs? 2015-06-24 10:50:46

At 6/24/15 09:03 AM, Troisnyx wrote: I get sick of seeing threads with this title. Seriously, "best" music making programs?

Pick a program, know the ins and outs of it, and use it well. That's all there is to it. At the end of the day, if you can churn out really high quality music that can rival any pro out there, you've used your DAW well.

On that note, I would like to request a cap on any thread that goes "best music making programs" -- 1) doesn't the FAQ already cover this? 2) every piece of software out there is given a mention, as long as its terms of service don't run contrary to those of NG.

Ya, when making the title of the thread, I was wondering how to phrase it. I know that there is really no "best" music software, just trying to see what other people used was all. Sorry for that.

Response to Best Music Making programs? 2015-06-24 15:58:44

There is a REALLY REALLY old program for making music out there. It's out of date, and most people probably don't even use it anymore... But let me try to explain it since it probably came out in the 90's!

You take a piece of paper, and you draw five lines on it. You can also draw something called a "treble clef" to the left of those lines. But you will have to Google that.

Then you draw little circles on the lines, and IN BETWEEN the lines. One circle is going to be hollow, the rest of them are filled in.

On those circles, there are lines with little flags on them. Sometimes they don't have a flag, but a flag means the note isn't as long as the other notes.

It's a really ancient program. I haven't gotten into all the details here... But, I do recommend trying it because I think it is making a comeback.

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to Best Music Making programs? 2015-06-24 16:27:40

At 6/24/15 03:58 PM, frootza wrote: There is a REALLY REALLY old program for making music out there. It's out of date, and most people probably don't even use it anymore... But let me try to explain it since it probably came out in the 90's!

Oh yeah! I've heard what you're talking about! But I think it started WAYYYY before the 90s, maybe even centuries ago. Hmm I wonder...

Response to Best Music Making programs? 2015-06-26 03:20:54

At 6/23/15 03:59 PM, axle212 wrote: I myself have just used FL Studio, just wondering what other programs are out there for making music.

I bought FL Studio this year myself. I love all of the arguments people make over which DAW is better. For me... I have been using FL Studio for over 10 years.