• 69 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
NATA
NATA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator

Congratulations to all those who got in to this year's tournament! You can check out the official tournament bracket setup over at the official NATA website anytime! The list of winners, from most points to the least, are...

GlassesX7, DocJoshimitsu, dylan, visedgrub, Spinalpalm, sweetcommando, HowardWimshurst, Perrobang, SirDuckDee, jlorp, RebellionFA, BooneBum, ZazDupree, Flikkernicht, TyyobrO, TrohPee, CarelessShenanigans, LazyModeComics, Magnivez, tontie777, Britbau, MCakeri, amazingspin, Emvium, gunboyisawesome, TheSilleGuy, MihaP, scottwjsm, ZeroELopez, brynimation, SleepDeprivedChicken, ryardo12345

Again, head over to the official site to view which 3 contestants you're paired against for the brutal Novice Round! Speaking of...

*** Novice Round ***
The Theme for the Novice Round is...
* How I Survived _____ *
(fill in the blank)
*** Rules ***
* You have until 11:59:59 PM, Eastern Standard Time, on Thursday, July 16th to complete your submissions. No submissions will be accepted after the deadline without penalty.
* Be sure to include the NATA Logo (Yellow / Black) in your entry preloader or credit screen.
* Entries must fit the theme above to both level the playing field and ensure that entries were not previously created.
* The animation must be no shorter than 1 Minute and no longer than 10 Minutes.
* The animation must be submitted on Newgrounds in any video or flash format, so long as it can be considered animation. 3D, flash, traditional, and stop-motion are all acceptable formats.
* Excess nudity, profanity, and other things of profane nature are not allowed. (It cannot have a "Mature" rating.)
* Absolutely NO copyright material is allowed without permission. If you use copyrighted music or other material in your animation, you MUST get the permission of the original creator of that material.
* Parody law is fair game, but not in ways that directly rip off the original material. Use spoofy, similar names instead of the real names. No copyrighted material whatsoever.
* The Audio portal is a great source for music, just be sure to get permission and/or come to a winnings agreement to use it for this contest!
* Any entry in violation of these rules will be disqualified.
*** Judging ***
Entries will be judged by the following judges:
* Tom Fulp - Founder of Newgrounds
* StejkRobot - Champion of Animation, 2014
* RicePirate - Newgrounds Animator
* MindChamber - Newgrounds Animator
* RedMinus - Newgrounds Animator

*** Submissions ***
* Entries must be uploaded via the Newgrounds Portal.
* Entries must be tagged with "nata2015novice" to distinguish them from other rounds and years.
* Entries must be submitted before the deadline. (See above)
* Be sure to post a link to your entry in this topic, to be sure your entry does not get lost.
* You may submit through the NG project system or even the dumping grounds, as long as you link it in this topic.

*** Late Penalties ***
Novice Round late penalties look like this for submissions after the deadline:
0 - 29 minutes: - 5 total points
30 - 59 minutes: - 10 total points
1 - 3 hours: - 15 total points
3 - 5 hours: - 20 total points
5+ hours: Disqualified
*** Prizes ***
The top scoring entrant of each 4-person bracket in the Novice Round will move on to the Pro Round and receive a $70 prize (in addition to their Open Round prize). Pro Round winners will receive an additional $400, while the final Champion of Animation will receive an additional $500. Can you make it all the way??
All prizes will be awarded after the completion of the tournament.
*** Fine Print ***
* By submitting an entry to NATA 2015, you agree to allow NATA and its organizers to use your material to promote the contest and use it for possible calendars and other merchandise.
* All entrants must have a paypal or the ability to receive a check in the mail in order to claim their prizes.
* The final Champion of Animation at the completion of the contest must create an illustrated image of themselves interacting with planet Earth, as is NATA tradition to document their victory with such an image on the NATA website.
Best of Luck!!

BBS Signature
ryardo12345
ryardo12345
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-22 01:33:59 Reply

Whoa...Just barely made it in. Alright, I'm going to start now!

Britbau
Britbau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator

I can't believed I got paired off against a bunch of really good people, geeeez. Guess i'll have up my game.

Thank you so much for the opportunity!!! Did the judges give any official crit? I would love feedback.

Emvium
Emvium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Blank Slate

Well I made it. But I got some really great competition ahead of me. Lets do this! And everyone goodluck!

Bindy
Bindy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-22 07:53:20 Reply

If you need voice actors, I'm more than happy to help! @Chongo is also a great choice if you need a male voice actor! For music, try @thegoatee

Also! Since it's kinda hard to keep track of who has offered to help when they're across different posts and threads, here is a list of people who have offered to voice or provide other resources, like music!

http://codeblackhayate.newgrounds.com/news/post/933117

(PM me with an example to get on the list)

TheGoatee
TheGoatee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-22 08:29:07 Reply

At 6/22/15 07:53 AM, codeblackhayate wrote: If you need voice actors, I'm more than happy to help! @Chongo is also a great choice if you need a male voice actor! For music, try @thegoatee

Thanks for the mention!

GunboyIsAwesome
GunboyIsAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-22 09:56:53 Reply

WOAAH i seriously can't believe i made it in!!!! :D
although, in the tournament bracket, you're kinda using an edit i did of a jaltoid thing, hehe...

shit

BBS Signature
HowardWimshurst
HowardWimshurst
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-22 10:08:42 Reply

Good luck everyone and remember to save your work regularly and back it up! I'm looking at you Magnivez!

NorthridgeNG
NorthridgeNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-22 11:48:23 Reply

Well, Well, Well, Look who made it!

snickity
snickity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-22 12:15:45 Reply

congratulations to everyone who made it! the overall quality this year is really impressive, I'm really excited to see the contributions for the next round. Especially since the theme promises some pretty interesting shorts!
Good luck!

Magnivez
Magnivez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-22 14:11:57 Reply

At 6/22/15 10:08 AM, HowardWimshurst wrote: Good luck everyone and remember to save your work regularly and back it up! I'm looking at you Magnivez!

>_<

BBS Signature
TheSilleGuy
TheSilleGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-22 15:53:36 Reply

Glad I made it in! I like this theme a lot more than the last one. You can do a lot of things with it.

TheSilleGuy
TheSilleGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-22 15:54:15 Reply

And congrats to all of the other winners too, of course! :)

jlorp
jlorp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-22 17:17:14 Reply

Alright, I'm gonna try and use my time better this round. Congratz to everyone who made it in!

Pahgawk
Pahgawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-22 18:36:10 Reply

Congrats to everyone who got through!

Also, the first Sarcastic Collab is running, for those looking for something new to do now or for those who want to spare some time to make a quick loop!

BBS Signature
Spinalpalm
Spinalpalm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator

Oh wow...I got 5th place points wise? Geez I didn't expect to score so high. I'm honored to have gotten such a high placement! I was struggling on ideas and started late with my last entry but with this theme I think I'll be able to start a bit sooner because this one gives me a bunch of ideas already. Good luck to everyone and congrats on making it in!

Im sad AmazinLarry didn't make it in though :( he had one of the funniest entries in my opinion, also the art was like his best yet ';-;

NATA '15 - Novice Round!

Broltaire
Broltaire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-22 20:51:33 Reply

Congrats to winners.

If its not too much to ask, is it at all possible for me to get some feedback on my entry from at least one of the judges? I'm always looking for ways to improve and just want to know where I went wrong. I get that people are busy so I'm not looking for anything lengthy, just like a mini-critique.

amazingspin
amazingspin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-22 21:21:06 Reply

Congrats everyone.
Im really gonna turn up the heat in this next submission. So here is an early character turn around to help get the fire going for y'all

NATA '15 - Novice Round!

:V

RebellionFA
RebellionFA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-22 22:06:23 Reply

Congratz and good luck to everyone who got in!
Sucks that I have school now so I have lest time to work on an entry tho :T

urbfilms
urbfilms
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-22 23:41:48 Reply

Congrats to those who made it through! Though I didn't make it, I can't wait to watch the upcoming entries, and I'll try again next year!
Good luck to those participating in the Novice Round!

Hello, Hola, Bonjour
Yeah, that's it. Those are all the ways I can say hello. I don't know anymore languages.

BBS Signature
Kenjum
Kenjum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-23 03:39:49 Reply

Congrats to the winners. I'm looking forward to the next entries.

TyyobrO
TyyobrO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-23 13:25:59 Reply

Woo! Can't wait to start working on the next round. Congrats and good luck to everyone!

SleepDeprivedChicken
SleepDeprivedChicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-23 13:58:00 Reply

Oh dang! I actually made it! (even if I'm the second to last person with the least amount of points.) I like this theme for the novice round but at the same time I can't think of any ideas/stories for this one actually. I'll think of something sooner or later because I don't want to rush on it at the last minute again haha. Congratz and good luck to everyone!

NATA
NATA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-06-29 12:25:05 Reply

For anyone interested, the full calendar is now up on the NATA website.

2 weeks and 3 days remain!

BBS Signature
Evy-kun
Evy-kun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-07-11 17:09:32 Reply

Congrats!

Emvium
Emvium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-07-12 15:08:20 Reply

Well right I have to face the fact that I won't make the deadline in any reasonable form. At least not to my liking or wishes.
I restarted from scratch midway, and a heatwave took out a big chunk of my worktime. But those shouldnt be excuses.

I will still finish it, just wont be round the deadline.

Im sorry that I wont be able to make it, but I will be looking forward to seeing all the entries

jlorp
jlorp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-07-12 19:10:36 Reply

Alright, Here's mine

Britbau
Britbau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-07-12 20:03:40 Reply

I will be submitting something (probably the day it is due). I have heard buzz some people are struggling to finish. Is it unreasonable to ask for a little more time? If not that is entirely understandable. I know for me personally, if I don't finish it is only my own fault.

Anyways, excited to see what yall come up with!

Perrobang
Perrobang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate

I agree. I would like to also ask for more time as Britbau was saying (even if it may be unreasonable) . But I'll try nonetheless to meet the deadline.

Good luck to everyone.

Mozzaliam
Mozzaliam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Animator
Response to NATA '15 - Novice Round! 2015-07-13 00:38:52 Reply

This is a tourney built with the concept of animating under deadlines. There should be no extension.

Cartoons are cool