3D Action Driving Game3.64 / 5.00 5,074 Views
A paranormal curse is killing students at a high school...and you're next.3.58 / 5.00 5,400 Views
Help CrazyDad turn off a pesky neon sign or he’ll go crazy!3.55 / 5.00 8,064 Views
Congratulations to all those who got in to this year's tournament! You can check out the official tournament bracket setup over at the official NATA website anytime! The list of winners, from most points to the least, are...
GlassesX7, DocJoshimitsu, dylan, visedgrub, Spinalpalm, sweetcommando, HowardWimshurst, Perrobang, SirDuckDee, jlorp, RebellionFA, BooneBum, ZazDupree, Flikkernicht, TyyobrO, TrohPee, CarelessShenanigans, LazyModeComics, Magnivez, tontie777, Britbau, MCakeri, amazingspin, Emvium, gunboyisawesome, TheSilleGuy, MihaP, scottwjsm, ZeroELopez, brynimation, SleepDeprivedChicken, ryardo12345
Again, head over to the official site to view which 3 contestants you're paired against for the brutal Novice Round! Speaking of...
*** Novice Round ***
The Theme for the Novice Round is...
* How I Survived _____ *
(fill in the blank)
*** Rules ***
* You have until 11:59:59 PM, Eastern Standard Time, on Thursday, July 16th to complete your submissions. No submissions will be accepted after the deadline without penalty.
* Be sure to include the NATA Logo (Yellow / Black) in your entry preloader or credit screen.
* Entries must fit the theme above to both level the playing field and ensure that entries were not previously created.
* The animation must be no shorter than 1 Minute and no longer than 10 Minutes.
* The animation must be submitted on Newgrounds in any video or flash format, so long as it can be considered animation. 3D, flash, traditional, and stop-motion are all acceptable formats.
* Excess nudity, profanity, and other things of profane nature are not allowed. (It cannot have a "Mature" rating.)
* Absolutely NO copyright material is allowed without permission. If you use copyrighted music or other material in your animation, you MUST get the permission of the original creator of that material.
* Parody law is fair game, but not in ways that directly rip off the original material. Use spoofy, similar names instead of the real names. No copyrighted material whatsoever.
* The Audio portal is a great source for music, just be sure to get permission and/or come to a winnings agreement to use it for this contest!
* Any entry in violation of these rules will be disqualified.
*** Judging ***
Entries will be judged by the following judges:
* Tom Fulp - Founder of Newgrounds
* StejkRobot - Champion of Animation, 2014
* RicePirate - Newgrounds Animator
* MindChamber - Newgrounds Animator
* RedMinus - Newgrounds Animator
*** Submissions ***
* Entries must be uploaded via the Newgrounds Portal.
* Entries must be tagged with "nata2015novice" to distinguish them from other rounds and years.
* Entries must be submitted before the deadline. (See above)
* Be sure to post a link to your entry in this topic, to be sure your entry does not get lost.
* You may submit through the NG project system or even the dumping grounds, as long as you link it in this topic.
*** Late Penalties ***
Novice Round late penalties look like this for submissions after the deadline:
0 - 29 minutes: - 5 total points
30 - 59 minutes: - 10 total points
1 - 3 hours: - 15 total points
3 - 5 hours: - 20 total points
5+ hours: Disqualified
*** Prizes ***
The top scoring entrant of each 4-person bracket in the Novice Round will move on to the Pro Round and receive a $70 prize (in addition to their Open Round prize). Pro Round winners will receive an additional $400, while the final Champion of Animation will receive an additional $500. Can you make it all the way??
All prizes will be awarded after the completion of the tournament.
*** Fine Print ***
* By submitting an entry to NATA 2015, you agree to allow NATA and its organizers to use your material to promote the contest and use it for possible calendars and other merchandise.
* All entrants must have a paypal or the ability to receive a check in the mail in order to claim their prizes.
* The final Champion of Animation at the completion of the contest must create an illustrated image of themselves interacting with planet Earth, as is NATA tradition to document their victory with such an image on the NATA website.
Best of Luck!!
Also! Since it's kinda hard to keep track of who has offered to help when they're across different posts and threads, here is a list of people who have offered to voice or provide other resources, like music!
(PM me with an example to get on the list)
At 6/22/15 07:53 AM, codeblackhayate wrote: If you need voice actors, I'm more than happy to help! @Chongo is also a great choice if you need a male voice actor! For music, try @thegoatee
Thanks for the mention!
WOAAH i seriously can't believe i made it in!!!! :D
although, in the tournament bracket, you're kinda using an edit i did of a jaltoid thing, hehe...
congratulations to everyone who made it! the overall quality this year is really impressive, I'm really excited to see the contributions for the next round. Especially since the theme promises some pretty interesting shorts!
At 6/22/15 10:08 AM, HowardWimshurst wrote: Good luck everyone and remember to save your work regularly and back it up! I'm looking at you Magnivez!
Glad I made it in! I like this theme a lot more than the last one. You can do a lot of things with it.
Oh wow...I got 5th place points wise? Geez I didn't expect to score so high. I'm honored to have gotten such a high placement! I was struggling on ideas and started late with my last entry but with this theme I think I'll be able to start a bit sooner because this one gives me a bunch of ideas already. Good luck to everyone and congrats on making it in!
Im sad AmazinLarry didn't make it in though :( he had one of the funniest entries in my opinion, also the art was like his best yet ';-;
Congrats to winners.
If its not too much to ask, is it at all possible for me to get some feedback on my entry from at least one of the judges? I'm always looking for ways to improve and just want to know where I went wrong. I get that people are busy so I'm not looking for anything lengthy, just like a mini-critique.
Im really gonna turn up the heat in this next submission. So here is an early character turn around to help get the fire going for y'all
Congratz and good luck to everyone who got in!
Sucks that I have school now so I have lest time to work on an entry tho :T
Congrats to those who made it through! Though I didn't make it, I can't wait to watch the upcoming entries, and I'll try again next year!
Good luck to those participating in the Novice Round!
Oh dang! I actually made it! (even if I'm the second to last person with the least amount of points.) I like this theme for the novice round but at the same time I can't think of any ideas/stories for this one actually. I'll think of something sooner or later because I don't want to rush on it at the last minute again haha. Congratz and good luck to everyone!
Well right I have to face the fact that I won't make the deadline in any reasonable form. At least not to my liking or wishes.
I restarted from scratch midway, and a heatwave took out a big chunk of my worktime. But those shouldnt be excuses.
I will still finish it, just wont be round the deadline.
Im sorry that I wont be able to make it, but I will be looking forward to seeing all the entries
I will be submitting something (probably the day it is due). I have heard buzz some people are struggling to finish. Is it unreasonable to ask for a little more time? If not that is entirely understandable. I know for me personally, if I don't finish it is only my own fault.
Anyways, excited to see what yall come up with!
This is a tourney built with the concept of animating under deadlines. There should be no extension.
Cartoons are cool