00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

LiveCorpse Suicide

317,898 Views | 1,451 Replies
Respond to this Topic

LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:32:14

The stories on the forums sounded like a bad joke, but it has turned out to be true - NG regular Adam Fulton (aka Livecorpse) has passed away. After a surreal turn of events involving a stabbing, a police officer shooting and a three-day manhunt, Adam took his own life to avoid prison.

NEWS LINKS:
Tucson Citizen Article
NEWS 13 - Initial Coverage
NEWS 13 - Aftermath

The author of one hundred Flash submissions, Adam was well recognized and a good friend to many in the NG community. His close friends knew of his difficult, troubled life. Some even heard from him during his final moments, as police surrounded his apartment. Parts of his suicide letter (which was sent to friends as a two-part email) were read on the news, but we have them in their entirety. I've given some thought about whether it would be exploitive to post the letter; it is one of the more intriguing things I have read in a while, so I would like to share it. This letter is a rare peak into the circumstances of someone who in many ways isn't much different than you or I. Remember, there are always better options than taking your own life. Here is the alleged letter:

------------

By the time you read this, i will have ended my life. For the past 3 days, i have been a fugitive from justice, following events of nightmarish proportions. The main thing is that i injured an innocent police officer, who did nothing wrong.

Here's how it happened: my neighbor Rick and i had met up a couple of times to have a beer. i had known he was insane, as he told me he was on disability for it. Well being a Native American by one half, he gets a bit off his rocker more so when he drinks. Also, on Tuesday, the day of the events, we did partake of some marijuana. All of this seemed to change him into a mean crazy bastard. I told him i was going to go home and sleep, and he demanded 2 more beers. I told him, ok. Wait out here. He tried to push his way into my apartment. I told him as best i could, that i never have visitors, but he wasn't listening. I think we was trying to take advantage of me or something. I said if he comes in he's going to find out im the sort of guy who stands up for his property. In my blind drunken stupor i grabbed my knife, and poked him with it, never intending to cause damage, just to show i meant business. He yelped and walked off.

Next thing i know , i hear many sirens, and the neighborhood is swarming with police and ambulances. My adrenaline kicked in, and i was for some reason certain that I would end up getting screwed. And also i don't live the cleanest lifestyle anyways, so it'd be my word against his, and then some. So i snapped. I felt nothing but fear. It was either run far away or die trying. So i head out the door, turn the corner, and im face to face with a scary man in a black uniform (Officer Jode Derickson[Hendrickson?]) I acted out of pure insanity, and drunkenness.. I saw nothing as i squeezed the trigger, except the fence i jumped over. I hear yells of pain, and heard 3 or more shots whizz by me, some hitting the fence. I run as fast as i could, through yard, over fences..

I slowed down to a quick pace, and took off my outer shirt. That is how i managed to elude the 50 or more officers, including SWAT, K-9, and helicopters. I wish they had shot me dead that day. The last 3 days have been pure hell, filled with the reality that i might never see or hear from any of my friends and family. Ever. I hid in dumpsters and behind buildings and on side streets.

I am splitting this message into 2 parts, as i may die before i finish. I am able to write these final words because i managed to get in my apt early this morning. And this is where i shall rest in peace.

------------
SECOND EMAIL
------------

There are many reasons why i must kill myself, rather than face hard labor in prison, or go on the run.
I am too weak to make it in prison, and have too many mental problems. They would eat me alive in there. I would die of AIDS quickly and painfuly. Also it would be hell because of my sleeping disorders, which have ruined my life many times over (ARMY, Job Corps, Roommates) I am a loner by default and behind bars one is constantly being harassed by predators. Suicide in prison is much too painful and ineffective.

I can not go on the run, because i am a hesitant coward when it comes to crime. For the last 3 days i needed a car to leave town, but let multiple opportunities pass,. With so much fear. I could not pay my rent, though i prepared myself to do crimes. I backed out at the last moment every time.
Survival of the fittest, and I am a weak person, doomed to fail.

I have tried my very hardest to make it in this life. Oh how i have tried.
And now that it comes to having to prey on others to survive, i fail at that. I like to play like I don't have much empathy, but truth is i have too much. for some reason i give a damn about other people. And on that note i want to apologize to (Officer Jode Derickson[Hendrickson?]) for shooting him.

That is so f**ked up.. I don't deserve to walk the same planet as him. For the past 3 nights i could hear his agonized cries as i lay tossing and turning, sleepless in a cold dumpster, like the piece of garbage that I am.

For four years the man has served the tucson police department, and in a routine investigation, the man gets shot by a lowlife psychotic. For no reason other than he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wish he had made his target when he returned fire Tuesday. I honestly do, because, truthfully, i'm nearly too cowardly to take my own life. That is, until today. There is nothing that can end my resolve to end this, and end it now.

"A lifetime of fucking up, fixed in the blink of an eye." - Nine Inch Nails.

All i've ever done in this life is fuck up. And recently, i was damn near about to be evicted, and i thought things couldn't get any worse. And then i trusted another human being (neighbor Rick).. And from that, one bullet fucked my whole life up. Well, one bullet is all it takes to make it right again.

I had alot of mental problems, many of which kept me indoors for days at a time, and sleepless for days at a time. I was a nervous wreck.

Anyways, it's been a good run, and i am done with this piece of shit planet. I apologize in advance fir the grief this will cause my loved ones, but would you rather have me exist only to be a large black man's sex toy in prison? Or to steal cars and do bad things to "good" people, as a fugitive?

I have/had no other choice. This is the end for me, my time to finally rest in peace. I love you all more than words can express.
-Resting in Peace
Adam Christopher Fulton

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:33:08

Thanks for posting this, RIP livescorpse

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:34:13

At 6/16/04 03:32 PM, TomFulp wrote: a whole lot of things

thanks for finally posting this. Now everyone will know the true story.

I used to be relevant.

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:34:15

yeah, these tradgedys are getting more frequent >=(
I feel really sorry for him.

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:35:10

Thank you for taking the time to make a post, seeing how controversial his death was.

He'll be missed.

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:35:21

At 6/16/04 03:33 PM, CrimsonRain wrote: Thanks for posting this, RIP livescorpse

Bah, i meant livecorpse .

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:35:57

Rest in peace, Adam.
I knew you'd make this topic sooner or later.
It's really sad that he's dead, and reading the notes, it just makes it seem like something could've been done.

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:36:40

At least people will stop thinking this as a hoax.

I never knew the man, so I won't say i'll miss him. That wouldn't make sense. I do, however, feel sad that he had to die though. Just hope he's happy with his choice...

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:37:06

I was waiting for this, he worked hard on his flash, R.I.P.

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:37:11

Glad to see Livecorpse is getting some recognition. It's a shame how it all ended for him, but deep down I don't think he was as fucked up as most people will remember him as being.

There was no bigger advocate of the Audio Portal on this site (excluding musicians themselves).

His animations may have been questionable, but they were always fun. He really had a Picasso-like style that you could see becoming refined as each successive flash was released.

He loved to collaborate with other people. If there was a project going on, he wanted to be (and likely was) a part of it.

Very sad. :(

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:37:33

Wow. I thought it was a joke like that old NG Mag article. RIP Livecorpse.

BBS Signature

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:40:08

I never knew LiveCorpse. Now, I never will. But, all I can say is...

In Memory
Adam Fulton
A.K.A. Livecorpse
June 2004

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:40:46

RIP LiveCorpse

BBS Signature

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:40:51

Being a close on-line friend of him I'll miss the great chats we had and the projects that we will never finish together.

I'm happy to see an official Newgrounds post about it, there will be a lot of people who will enjoy seeing all his movies for the first time.

-T0MMY

🥳 Currently part of Piconjo productions. 🎉

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:41:57

Rest in peace, livecorpse. I read the news stories, and his emails beforehand. He just seemed so troubled that he didn't know what to do. 'Tis a sad, sad time..

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:42:31

could i really say anything to how horrible this is the poor guy im deeply saddened to hear this and i dont even know the person.
society crushes one more persons life

to the family of the police officer i offer my sympathys

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:43:05

RIP livecorpse

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:45:16

I am almost crying. Really. RIP livecorpse.
=(

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:45:20

R.I.P livecorpse

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:46:21

Like most I thought the whole story was a bad joke, but now that it's turned out to be true, I don't know how to feel. I never knew him online, never spoke to him. But I did enjoy his movies, so I guess he'll be missed on my part.

Great to have closure on this.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:47:45

At 6/16/04 03:45 PM, mage_lock wrote: I am almost crying. Really. RIP livecorpse.
=(

Same here, man.
Same here.

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:48:11

I didn't know him at all, he only ever responded to 1 of my reviews :(

RIP Livecorpse.

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:49:21

My dad killed himself the 3rd of may to avoid prison......

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:49:44

...I knew all of this long before all of you, when i read the email he sent to me his parents and a few others i didnt want to belive it. The i saw the post by mangor, and i just feel apart. Me and adam made several movies on newgrounds, and had some memories back from years ago, i knew this day would come , with his atitidude towards death. He told me he wanted to kill himself alot, and i never thought he would. He did this crime out of pain and his money problems didnt help. He barley made rent, and this month he didnt. Well we were making this last flash film, and worked on it until, the 8th of june. I would like to know Tom, should it be submitted or just let it stay?

You can view it here Our final piece Now i just want to forget about this, its messing with my mind too much, sorry wade for not sending the info

Like pears in rain.

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:51:20

Thats really sad,
May he Rest in Peace.

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:53:00

I'm serious.....I tried to give his dead body CPR

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:54:18

At 6/16/04 03:49 PM, Artificial wrote: .Well we were making this last flash film, and worked on it until, the 8th of june. I would like to know Tom, should it be submitted or just let it stay?

sbumit it how it is right now under portal buddies as a reminder of him, i was going to but then i realised he made it wiht you so i didn't

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:54:22

I can onestly say that i feel so sad in this tragic event and i felt like crying wen reading his letter.

R.I.P Livecorpe.

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:54:33

I suggest honoring him in our sigs, its the least we could do.

Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2004-06-16 15:54:38

At 6/16/04 03:32 PM, TomFulp wrote: NG regular Adam Fulton (aka Livecorpse) has passed away

yes that is sad but we can all take comfort in that we know he is burning in hell as we speak