Mysterious-pig
Mysterious-pig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to LiveCorpse Suicide Mar. 25th, 2012 @ 11:58 AM Reply

It is quite incredible how some stories stick to you. I read this in 2004 when I was only 12 years old, and his story has scarred me in such a way that I have recalled it many times throughout the years. Poor bastard. I cannot even begin to imagine how hellish those 3 days may have been for him. If only he wasn't so inconsequential when drunk he could still be posting and submitting works for us all.

AncientDruggie
AncientDruggie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to LiveCorpse Suicide Dec. 16th, 2012 @ 10:58 PM Reply

Rest In Peace

Reading that letter really put me in his shoes man, just some fucked up luck. All because of some dumb, drunk bastard.

(But on a side note, big white men rape in prison too..)

LIVE HARD. DIE FAST.

Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to LiveCorpse Suicide Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 03:33 AM Reply

I was worried making a bump like this might be a bad idea, but hell... There's already been a four year bump and nobody seems to mind. Plus this is in the News section, and I'm pay respects to a member of our community, so here goes...

I'm not really sure what to say about this. I'd heard LC's name mentioned before when people were talking about dead Newgrounds users, but never heard this story until now. I'd also, despite visiting his profile, never noticed just how much he had contributed to the site.

I'm glad Tom posted this, because I think it's important that we realize that the invisible barrier we pass in situations like these is completely imaginary. Our labels of integrity, morality, and humanity have a function, but all too often we use those labels to hurt ourselves and to hurt others, as demonstrated here. Adam isn't a 'hero' or a 'monster' or anything, really. He just is (or was, I guess).

More recently I've been thinking about the fact that in eventuality, this is where all of us are going. We like reading stories and watching movies about peril because it fills our ideas of death predominantly with murders, suicides, and freak accidents. We like to forget about the fact that even if none of those improbabilities happen, we're still going to die anyway. I suppose that in a sense, Adam's death really doesn't matter because of that. It was only an earlier occurrence of what we already knew was going to happen. Even so, I find myself transfixed with these letters just as much as anyone else here reading this.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Avery
Avery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Reader
Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 2 weeks ago Reply

He should have just socked the guy in the face, not acted like a dumb ass. Im not going to say he deserved it, but that didn't need to take place. Even though I didn't know the guy, whatever afterlife he is in. I hope he lives well. RIP.

RetributionNEP
RetributionNEP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to LiveCorpse Suicide 7 days ago Reply

It's been ten years. Recent events with my family have brought this back to thought... Ten years and I still miss Adam. But as we may only hold him as a memory for most, his legacy will never be forgotten