00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Worst and Best Game Controllers

1,009 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Worst and Best Game Controllers 2015-06-18 08:43:03

Same as title. My personal worst and best are as follows:

Worst: N64 Controller

The reason: It has a grand total of 3 grips and it's rather unwieldy in particular even though it did introduce the world to the Analog Stick in a mainstream controller.

The Best: The Xbox 360

The reason: It can be used with PC games as well.

Response to Worst and Best Game Controllers 2015-06-18 10:25:37

At 6/18/15 08:43 AM, LauriJ wrote: The Best: The Xbox 360

The reason: It can be used with PC games as well.

I agree, I find the Xbox 360 controllers to be sturdy yet comfortable. Using them on a Windows PC is a great side-benefit as well.

I can't really think of the worst, sure I seen some bizarre and unique controllers but none of them were really 'bad'

420 blaze it

Response to Worst and Best Game Controllers 2015-06-18 12:57:02

There's nothing "unwieldy" about the N64 controller unless you have tiny little stubs for fingers. Very few games used the D-pad or L-button so you could just hold the controller like so. Even as a kid I was able to hold it like this so I never saw it as an issue.

Now my favorite controller is either Dualshock 2 or Dualshock 3. I like a controller that I can grip, and the symmetrical analog sticks are more aesthetically pleasing. DS3 has native Android support and Better DS3 Tool allows me to use my Dualshock on my PC. SNES is great for its simplicity, and I'd even be partial to the Wii Classic controller and Classic controller Pro if they weren't bound to the Wiimote.

My least favorite controller is a tie between the Duke and the Millennium Falcon.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and Best Game Controllers 2015-06-19 00:28:23

I think the Wii U Pro Controller might be my favorite regular controller honestly. The thing fits in your hands perfectly and is really comfortable to use.

Response to Worst and Best Game Controllers 2015-06-19 00:57:35

Best: keyboard and mouse
Worst: Atari 7800

Response to Worst and Best Game Controllers 2015-06-19 01:17:52

I take back what I said about the Xbox and Saturn controller being the worst.

That title now goes to the Steam controller.

Seriously, what is this shit?

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and Best Game Controllers 2015-06-19 01:37:03

At 6/19/15 01:17 AM, Chdonga wrote: I take back what I said about the Xbox and Saturn controller being the worst.

That title now goes to the Steam controller.

Seriously, what is this shit?

I was going to comment that there is no second analog so it would be impossible to play Binding of Isaac and the like, then I realised you can use the buttons instead of an analog to actually aim properly without shooting the wrong way by accident, so that controller actually seems better than dual analog for that purpose.

PS1/PS2 dual shock analog controllers are the best. Worst POPULAR one I would say N64, there were many more abhorrently shit ones, but the N64 was actually popular.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and Best Game Controllers 2015-06-19 02:21:23

At 6/19/15 12:28 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: I think the Wii U Pro Controller might be my favorite regular controller honestly. The thing fits in your hands perfectly and is really comfortable to use.

Same. I don't like the glossy finish but I got a matte skin for it so it looks nice too. Plus the thing has a crazy long battery life, I could count the number of times I've charged it on two hands.

Response to Worst and Best Game Controllers 2015-06-19 02:24:26

You all lose.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and Best Game Controllers 2015-06-19 16:28:44

The reigning, defending, undisputed best controller of all time.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature