00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Geometry Dash?

1,232 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Geometry Dash? 2015-06-17 22:22:27

I've noticed for some time now that people talk about using songs for "Geometry Dash". I know that it's a game, but what is the exact purpose of using music for it? Is it for personal use? Or is it used for promotion?

Response to Geometry Dash? 2015-06-18 07:01:53

Geometry Dash is a popular rhythm-based mobile game, which has a little over a dozen different official levels made out of music here on Newgrounds (including, incidentally, one of my songs). The game also allows you to make custom levels with a pretty extensive level editor, and on top of that, it allows you to make them out of any song here on Newgrounds, as long as the user who submitted the song is scouted.

So when people say "I made a song for Geometry Dash" it means they made a song which they posted on Newgrounds so that they can create a custom level out of it in the game. The only problem is that many Geometry Dash players misunderstand the rules of Newgrounds, and think they can go ahead and post whatever song they want, even if it isn't theirs, so they can make a level out of it. We don't allow that, so if you ever see people submit songs for Geometry Dash which aren't theirs, then be sure to let us know!

Hope that helped.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Geometry Dash? 2015-06-18 16:31:07

Hope that helped.

That was very helpful! Thanks for the reply!