00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!!

2,317 Views | 28 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

LINK AND VIDEO.

Lets just hope Nomura doesn't fuck it up like the XIII series!

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-15 22:34:57

Can I preorder this now? I've never cared about E3s but this year's has been absolutely amazing.

DOOM, FF7, NFS (underground 3?), Resident Evil 0... HYPE

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!!

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-15 22:37:31

Nomura was only the character designer for the XIII series and had no hand in the gameplay etc. There's about a billion things that could go wrong here but it shouldn't have any similarities to FFXIII.

Not that it matters anyway. I've been in some kind of dazed euphoria since the trailer was shown.

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-15 22:41:05

hope they dont fuck up it up and make it turn based like it was originally along with the materia and level system and it being open world.

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-15 22:49:31

I made a thread about how disappointed I was that they were simply just porting the PC game.

Heh, good one, SquareEnix

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

I'm just gonna go ahead & say I'm a bit pessimistic here; I loved the original, but from what I've seen of the remake so far (which is, admittedly, very, very little) combined with the direction the series has been going since the sixth generation, I think a lot of the charm will be lost in the remake. At the same time, I'm pretty apathetic; even if the remake sucks, it won't affect how I feel about the original.

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-15 22:55:04

At 6/15/15 10:49 PM, FlockMastaBack wrote: I'm just gonna go ahead & say I'm a bit pessimistic here; I loved the original, but from what I've seen of the remake so far (which is, admittedly, very, very little) combined with the direction the series has been going since the sixth generation, I think a lot of the charm will be lost in the remake. At the same time, I'm pretty apathetic; even if the remake sucks, it won't affect how I feel about the original.

agreed, the series has gone kind of stale ever since it became Square Enix and how they treat the games , I am giving a half hope.

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-15 23:03:15

I got about half way and quit playing, if it comes out I'll probably buy it.

Still waiting for FFVI.

BBS Signature

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-15 23:12:32

Hopefully Tifa's boobs are still ridiculous large.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-15 23:13:07

About damn time.

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-15 23:52:13

At 6/15/15 11:12 PM, TheKlown wrote: Hopefully Tifa's boobs are still ridiculous large.

It wouldn't be Tifa without the large boobs.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-16 00:40:24

Finally Square is doing what their fans want!
But hopefully they won't somehow fuck it up. Like removing sidequests and conversations, the crossdressing, the minigames... adding loads of unnecessary and retarded fanservice suitable for runts that were born circa Crisis Core... putting ultimate summons and equipments as DLC, Vincent and Yuffie as DLCs... Pay 30$ for an alternate story where Aeris survived...

I'm so hyped for this even though I don't like the PS4 a lot but I'm scared at the same time because of this kind of game ruining crap.

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-16 01:07:17

At 6/15/15 10:34 PM, Jin wrote: Can I preorder this now? I've never cared about E3s but this year's has been absolutely amazing.

DOOM, FF7, NFS (underground 3?), Resident Evil 0... HYPE

I really got to see this year's e3...

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-16 02:56:01

THERE IS A GOD!, I BELIEVE

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-16 10:24:23

I'm quietly pleased.

It's neat that the answers have been called of legions of FF fans who asked for a FF7 remake but if they decide to change any gameplay mechanics or narrative devices, it could be disastrous.

Be cautiously optimistic about this. It might be cool but it could be awful.

wow haha ok there bud

My Music : Last.fm : My GoodReads : My Film Collection

BBS Signature

I'm glad to hear this, but I am skeptical of their ability to do this.

I mean, I love FF7, but even the original wasn't perfect, and looking at squaresoft now doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I hope it's good, but I have my doubts.

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-16 14:45:47

With FF7 I'm positive they will fuck it up, after all they already released it yet again without the remake recently to get more money out of people and are only now re-releasing it....so all these other releases on consoles and steam etc. have all been money wasting for those who actually now want to buy an actual remake. I'm not going to give any praise in the slightest for a company that tried to sell the same game like 4 times already before actually making a single fucking change to the game.

Not even going into how FF10 remake was pointless and all the 1.5 editions of the Kingdom Hearts games were also selling people full price games again for barely any new content. This is far too late for a FF7 remake if they wanted it it should have been done years ago before the company become a product producing machine.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-16 16:55:07

At 6/16/15 08:07 AM, Hoodie wrote: Final Fantasy sucks.

Also, you guys are going to PAY for this? Jesus Christ...

Go back to playing WOW.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-16 17:38:13

At 6/16/15 02:45 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Not even going into how FF10 remake was pointless and all the 1.5 editions of the Kingdom Hearts games were also selling people full price games again for barely any new content. This is far too late for a FF7 remake if they wanted it it should have been done years ago before the company become a product producing machine.

Releasing the previously unavailable content was pointless? Unless you imported or pirated it you couldn't play the International/ Final Mix versions of those games. I fail to see how bringing that content over is pointless and I'm glad they're bothering to do it. I'd much rather buy the HD International Version release for XII than a glossed up version of VII that's for sure

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-16 19:01:04

At 6/16/15 05:38 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 6/16/15 02:45 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Not even going into how FF10 remake was pointless and all the 1.5 editions of the Kingdom Hearts games were also selling people full price games again for barely any new content. This is far too late for a FF7 remake if they wanted it it should have been done years ago before the company become a product producing machine.
Releasing the previously unavailable content was pointless? Unless you imported or pirated it you couldn't play the International/ Final Mix versions of those games. I fail to see how bringing that content over is pointless and I'm glad they're bothering to do it. I'd much rather buy the HD International Version release for XII than a glossed up version of VII that's for sure

For tricking people to buy the game a second time at full price for a few extra bosses, yes.
For getting people to buy a version of the game which is so barely improved on that you can't tell which version it is unless you see them side by side and once again selling it at full prices to those who had the original game, yes.

Maybe a few years ago before they ported FF7 2 or 3 more times on different ports, each time being advertised to sell as many as possible then this would have been okay. But they have blatantly pulled this so people have bought the original game more times before admitting they were going to re-release it. Don't accept that shit.

BBS Signature

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-17 21:16:04

I didn't catch the press conference for this; is it gonna be exclusive to PS4 or what?

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-17 23:04:33

At 6/17/15 09:16 PM, Lionelion wrote: I didn't catch the press conference for this; is it gonna be exclusive to PS4 or what?

For the moment, it seems like it.

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-17 23:15:41

At 6/17/15 11:04 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 6/17/15 09:16 PM, Lionelion wrote: I didn't catch the press conference for this; is it gonna be exclusive to PS4 or what?

doesnt matter it will get ripped and a functional .iso file will be made for PC users to torrent and emulate on once it comes out since its something that will be in much demand by fans.

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-17 23:19:05

At 6/17/15 11:15 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 6/17/15 11:04 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
doesnt matter it will get ripped and a functional .iso file will be made for PC users to torrent and emulate on once it comes out since its something that will be in much demand by fans.

I view emulators as a video game black market, which is why I steer clear away from them.

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-17 23:46:18

Oh hey now they are making Kingdom Hearts 3 and....oh they only announced they were working on it. Well at least now we know they are working on Kingdom Hearts 3 now and.....oh the teaser ending in Kingdom Hearts 2 showing the 3 keyblades together was an announcement that they were making Kingdom Hearts 3 which was like 10 years ago.....

Well.....they showed a big of gameplay!....I guess....

Yea same shit as I posted above.

BBS Signature

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-17 23:53:58

At 6/16/15 02:45 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: With FF7 I'm positive they will fuck it up, after all they already released it yet again without the remake recently to get more money out of people and are only now re-releasing it....so all these other releases on consoles and steam etc. have all been money wasting for those who actually now want to buy an actual remake. I'm not going to give any praise in the slightest for a company that tried to sell the same game like 4 times already before actually making a single fucking change to the game.

I dunno, maybe I just don't get my feathers ruffled at industry bullshit like I used to, but I have a hard time being too mad at this. I think it's good for classic games to be available on as many platforms as possible so people can have access to them. If someone wants to try Final Fantasy VII because they've heard that it's a seminal JRPG chances are they can play it on whatever set up they run. Even if it's money grubbing on Squeenix's part it's still a net positive in my eyes.

And as for the remake I'll reserve my judgement until we know more, but it sounds like they're reimagining it rather than remaking it. So it's not going to even be like the DS remakes of III and IV where they were essentially the same game underneath new visuals and a few modernizing tweaks. If it can stand next to the original as it's own product then why be angry? Yeah, it's redundant, but honestly, I think that's what the people who are still Squeenix fans want.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-17 23:59:18

At 6/17/15 11:19 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: I view emulators as a video game black market, which is why I steer clear away from them.

not much of a black market when they are available for free :/. besides you know how much money i've saved via torrents and emulators? think of a small down payment for a car

This year's E3 was awesome!

Nintendo's kind of sucked though.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!! 2015-06-18 01:49:42

At 6/18/15 01:44 AM, ZeroDown wrote: I'm more excited for FF-X HD.

its already out.