New Topic Respond to this Topic
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Mass Effect: Andromeda 2015-06-15 19:31:22 Reply

Well, here's the official announce trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG8V9dRqSsw

Discuss!

I for one got way too excited at this, cannot wait!

Yeah, whatever.

Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2015-06-16 04:23:39 Reply

Well as a Mass Effect fan I'm intrigued, but it will take more than a cool trailer to get me genuinely excited. But of course I hope in the end that it will be a damn good game.

I'm going to die one day XD

BBS Signature
Hoodie
Hoodie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2015-06-16 08:08:12 Reply

Mass Effect after 3 sucks.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2015-06-16 11:24:30 Reply

It definitely has a lot of potential. I'm just hoping that they make references to your actions in the past games - I don't want my Shepard to be completely forgotten.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
ClockworkCopper
ClockworkCopper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2015-06-16 11:49:33 Reply

The trailer showed nothing other than nice scenery, which we all knew was coming. I am interested in being in a different galaxy, though, that'll give them free reign over any kind of creative choices.

At 6/16/15 11:24 AM, Sectus wrote: It definitely has a lot of potential. I'm just hoping that they make references to your actions in the past games - I don't want my Shepard to be completely forgotten.

Bioware's already said that the first trilogy will have nothing to do with the new game and that your choices will have no impact on this.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2015-06-17 21:15:44 Reply

At 6/16/15 08:08 AM, Hoodie wrote: Mass Effect after 3 sucks.

Not sure if you mean any Mass Effect game that comes after the third will suck, or Mass Effect 3 sucks and only the first two are good.

Either way, the third wasn't as bad as everybody makes it seem to be. It was a solid game, everyone was just disappointed in the original endings, and yes it did lack a lot of the things that many players loved in the first and second. Despite that, it wasn't a bad game.

Andromeda will open up a whole new world of opportunities, can't wait.

Yeah, whatever.

ClockworkCopper
ClockworkCopper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2015-06-17 22:24:49 Reply

So Bioware made a point to make sure we know that the N7 soldier from the trailer is not the player character. I've heard people speculating that the soldier we saw will be hunting the player character through Andromeda, which would mean we'll be playing a criminal. Not saying any of this is true beyond us not being N7, but it would be neat if the new protagonist wasn't a career soldier.

Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2015-06-18 02:47:46 Reply

At 6/16/15 11:24 AM, Sectus wrote: It definitely has a lot of potential. I'm just hoping that they make references to your actions in the past games - I don't want my Shepard to be completely forgotten.

In worst case scenario it will be set so far into the future that most of the events of "the reaper wars" have become legend and the exact details has long since been forgotten. All people know is that some Shepard was a cool guy and stopped it all.

But yeah I also hope that you get to carry over your save file. It wouldn't really be the same if you couldn't.

I'm going to die one day XD

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2015-06-18 03:46:03 Reply

yay no numbers after a series that had numbers~

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, NekoMika's Legacy!

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2015-06-18 07:17:48 Reply

If it wasn't for Johnny Cash I'd probably have stopped watching that video before it finished.

I'm kind of the opposite. I like the idea of a totally new, unrelated story. If it's set after the events of the Mass Effect trilogy then they'll surely mention the events of those games, but I think it'd be cool if they jumped ahead in time and came up with something totally new.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2015-06-26 23:59:58 Reply

At 6/18/15 02:47 AM, Mismo wrote:
But yeah I also hope that you get to carry over your save file. It wouldn't really be the same if you couldn't.

I hope you can't, truth be told if legends carry on and all that's remembered is that Shepard was a dope dude and did the shit, Williams, Kaiden, all those guys wont be remembered. I do hope we can run in to their ancestors if any did exist and I suppose for that purpose alone we'd need to know who lived and died... But even if it's just Garrus's great-great-grandson or something.. I just really need a Turian homie, and Garrus was my boy.

Yeah, whatever.

mgreenaudio
mgreenaudio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2016-06-28 06:57:22 Reply

They've had plenty of time to work on this, the original trilogy was great - awesome storytelling, so a next-gen Bioware title should be the game of the year. If the Mako functions properly this time that is! I'm not sure I trust that the novels will be any good. I don't really care how long it takes them to release as long as the story, cinematography and characters are as good as the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2vgHOXeps0

BBS Signature
billybobthwarten
billybobthwarten
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2016-06-28 14:13:09 Reply

looks beautiful

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

TheQuietGamer
TheQuietGamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2016-06-28 17:42:02 Reply

I'm so excited. I love the Mass Effect series and I'm dying to see what they come up with.

"Everybody deals with grief differently. Some people fuck at funerals. I cut off heads."
Be the change you want to see.
J'ai aime. J'ai souffert. Maintenant je hais.

BBS Signature
Sir-Hank-Frank
Sir-Hank-Frank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2017-03-24 00:36:09 Reply

What a fantastic game.

I'm glad that the $40 million dollar budget used to create Mass Effect Andromeda was focused on important things like refining the character customization to meet "modern societal standards" and less upon irrelevant facial animations. I'm so glad that Bioware was kind enough to give such a talented, yet impoverished, torn by affluent and chastising white high society designer like Manveer Heir a position to work on this game as he has single handedly revolutionized the future of the gaming industry with his wide variety of diverseness that has been added to the game. Please don't forget to thank him on Twitter!

CoolCatDaddio
CoolCatDaddio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Writer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2017-03-26 03:58:53 (edited 2017-03-26 04:00:48) Reply

jesus christ, why do all the characters look retarded?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-msmx9yW5Q

You can lead a horse to water, but that horse is a actually a donkey and he wont listen to a word you say because he is rebellious

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2017-03-27 08:42:48 Reply

rip in peace

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
ClockworkCopper
ClockworkCopper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2017-03-27 17:25:31 Reply

I bought the game mostly because everyone complained about it and I love it.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Programmer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2017-03-28 13:46:33 Reply

is it just me or do all the face models look like potato faced Irishmen?

satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Melancholy
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2017-03-28 15:57:43 Reply

At 3/28/17 01:46 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: is it just me or do all the face models look like potato faced Irishmen?

It's not nice to laugh about irishmen, seeing how they're the only people to reach space.

"What seest thou else. In the dark backward and abysm of time?"

BBS Signature
Ultramartyr
Ultramartyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2017-03-29 02:25:28 Reply

from what i've seen (A Jim Sterling review) it looks underdeveloped. sub par graphically, glitchy A.I. and weird, unnatural animations. i'm sure there's a decent game in there somewhere but i don't think this release got as much care as the first three.

Newest track: See Through Darkness

BBS Signature
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2017-03-31 23:26:09 (edited 2017-03-31 23:26:29) Reply

At 3/29/17 02:25 AM, Ultramartyr wrote: from what i've seen (A Jim Sterling review) it looks underdeveloped. sub par graphically, glitchy A.I. and weird, unnatural animations. i'm sure there's a decent game in there somewhere but i don't think this release got as much care as the first three.

Graphically, it's gorgeous. Not the characters (the people look silly), but you can tell the focus on this game went into the planets, they're spectacular. The gameplay is also pretty great, it feels like Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, there are glaring flaws, but we shouldn't forget that Andromeda has strong points.

Dora's Bike | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
KupaMan
KupaMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2017-04-01 14:01:18 Reply

The thing that sucks about Mass Effect: Andromeda is that the team seems to have unlearned everything. I don't know if this is a new team or what, but it definitely feels like it. Some things that didn't need simplification were pared down (limit of three abilities in combat, et cetera), while things that were already pretty simple have become needlessly convoluted. The Research & Development interface is a nightmare. Good luck figuring out all your various types of side-quests. I hope you like your skill trees dense and convoluted.

Between Mass Effect and Dragon Age, BioWare was experimenting and refining its mechanics and making some great progress. With Andromeda, it looks like they took the notebook and threw it out the window.

ClockworkCopper
ClockworkCopper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2017-04-01 15:12:49 Reply

At 4/1/17 02:01 PM, KupaMan wrote: The thing that sucks about Mass Effect: Andromeda is that the team seems to have unlearned everything. I don't know if this is a new team or what, but it definitely feels like it.

There's a few lead people from the original trilogy but it's almost completely a new team.

Some things that didn't need simplification were pared down (limit of three abilities in combat, et cetera),

I get that it seems like a step down but Ryder has access to every ability in the game and you can swap your skill loadout and profile in the middle of a fight (and can have four saved as favorites for faster switching), so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

while things that were already pretty simple have become needlessly convoluted. The Research & Development interface is a nightmare.

The R&D menu is weird, but it doesn't seem overly complicated to me. I think it could just do with a couple more sub-menus.

Good luck figuring out all your various types of side-quests. I hope you like your skill trees dense and convoluted.

I don't even get this. Everything in the journal is sorted just fine and the skill trees are exactly like they are in 3.

Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2017-04-15 21:15:51 Reply

The writing is atrocious, the characters are uninteresting, the story is cliche and boring and the missions are painful and repetitive.

I wish I had rented it because I hate that EA got my money on this one..

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
Gutnacht
Gutnacht
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2017-04-16 08:43:52 Reply

Seeing all these old 2015 comments is so funny. You guys were so naive back then.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2017-07-28 04:32:26 Reply

It's a shit game, sold my PS4 because of it. Fucking done.

Yeah, whatever.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2017-07-28 09:50:29 Reply

Finished it last weekend, and I thought that the game was good, but not great. The game definitely lacked polish as it would occasionally freeze and start again, and the animations were haphazard at best, but the combat was still just as good as ever, and being able to change your abilities on the fly instead of being locked with certain ones does provide some experimentation with combat is a nice touch.

What I'm trying to say is that by the previous Mass Effect standards, it's nothing special, but by regular video game standards, it's quite good if your willing to forgive a lack of polish.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Programmer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2017-07-28 15:23:54 Reply

Well if you guys want updates. EA cut the Bioware team who made it in half and all future story DOC has been put on hold as is the franchise itself.

Wegra
Wegra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Mass Effect: Andromeda 2017-07-28 15:50:30 (edited 2017-07-28 15:50:57) Reply

At 7/28/17 04:32 AM, Luke wrote: It's a shit game, sold my PS4 because of it. Fucking done.

Didnt I tell you?

Although you should have kept the PS4. There's plenty of shit coming out for that

Ahahahahahah

BBS Signature