00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MEGASHIO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Question about Newgrounds Payments

429 Views | 6 Replies

I emailed Newgrounds with my W-9 about four days ago with the hopes that I would be able to finally get the money that I've accrued over the past two years (I never did it before because I didn't hit $100 until fairly recently), but my Charts & Data page is telling me that the W-9 has still not gone on record. So, for those of you who have gone through this process before, is this something to be concerned about? How long does the process typically take?

Wuzzup

Response to Question about Newgrounds Payments 2015-06-12 10:41:04

Forgive me for bumping this, but I'm still hoping somebody could give me an answer.

Wuzzup

At 6/12/15 10:41 AM, blablob wrote: Forgive me for bumping this, but I'm still hoping somebody could give me an answer.

Ask here.

I am going to rape you now

BBS Signature

Response to Question about Newgrounds Payments 2015-06-12 11:15:28

At 6/12/15 10:49 AM, SansNumbers wrote:
At 6/12/15 10:44 AM, Gremlin wrote: Ask here.
Now that that's out of the way, I emailed Newgrounds my W-2 and I still haven't received my tax return? What the heck.

Ask from the man He may guide you.

BBS Signature

Response to Question about Newgrounds Payments 2015-06-12 11:25:47

At 6/12/15 10:41 AM, blablob wrote: Forgive me for bumping this, but I'm still hoping somebody could give me an answer.

Newgrounds is basically just a few guys in an office. Keeping this shit running is a full time job for them, and making new content consumes even more time. Most websites the size of Newgrounds have a very large team working behind the scenes, or even outside companies who are contracted for certain work. The fact that Newgrounds' staff is still just a small team of guys is a testament to the independent nature of the site.

I don't really have an answer to give. Maybe it takes a while for them to process it. Maybe they need to ship this information off to a government entity like the IRS that is so steeped in bureaucracy that they won't get a reply for another year. Maybe Luis spilled beer on Tom's computer again and Tom has been letting his computer dry out. I don't know.

With things like this, even with large companies, it's not unusual for it to take around a week or two for your forms to be processed. If you're pushing two weeks and your forms still haven't been processed then I would shoot the admins an email about it.

Response to Question about Newgrounds Payments 2015-06-12 11:33:42

At 6/11/15 02:50 PM, blablob wrote: I emailed Newgrounds with my W-9 about four days ago with the hopes that I would be able to finally get the money that I've accrued over the past two years (I never did it before because I didn't hit $100 until fairly recently), but my Charts & Data page is telling me that the W-9 has still not gone on record. So, for those of you who have gone through this process before, is this something to be concerned about? How long does the process typically take?

I don't process the W-9 forms until the first week of a new month when I run monthly payments. So for example on July 1st, I go through all the forms and update the status on the accounts that sent them in, then I run payments and those accounts will receive payments because the forms are on file. Need to update the payment page to better reflect that.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Question about Newgrounds Payments 2015-06-12 11:54:06

@Tom:

Okay, that makes sense. I actually completely forgot that payments weren't made until the first week of the month. In any case, thanks for the clarification.

Wuzzup