00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Waaf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

R.I.P. Christopher Lee.

3,232 Views | 45 Replies

Response to R.I.P. Christopher Lee. 2015-06-11 16:51:59

At 6/11/15 12:54 PM, Mechabloliver wrote:
At 6/11/15 12:49 PM, Natick wrote: that's not funny
Where did you get the idea from that somebody thought his death was funny?

because i find the idea of christopher lee ever dying to be a bad joke?

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to R.I.P. Christopher Lee. 2015-06-11 16:59:25

At 6/11/15 04:51 PM, Natick wrote: because i find the idea of christopher lee ever dying to be a bad joke?

i guess that makes sense; I was talking to one of my friend's about his death and it just seems absurd that he's gone. Maybe it's the long life and large milestone of an age he reached (or maybe it's just it's strange knowing there's now a time where he won't be around) but knowing he's passed on is just a peculiar feeling. It just doesn't sit right at all.

wow haha ok there bud

My Music : Last.fm : My GoodReads : My Film Collection

BBS Signature

Response to R.I.P. Christopher Lee. 2015-06-11 17:18:29

it'll be okay

Response to R.I.P. Christopher Lee. 2015-06-12 20:24:22

RIP, never realized how many movies he's been in. Great actor.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to R.I.P. Christopher Lee. 2015-06-12 20:43:35

Response to R.I.P. Christopher Lee. 2015-06-12 21:07:19

Just last night, I was reading The Return of the King and I read through the part where Saruman was defeated, broken, and wandering in the forest aimlessly.

I'm sad to learn that the man who brought the character of Saruman to life is now dead.

Response to R.I.P. Christopher Lee. 2015-06-12 23:11:14

so sad. fuck. R.I.P

Response to R.I.P. Christopher Lee. 2015-06-13 00:23:51

he was old as fuck

BBS Signature

Response to R.I.P. Christopher Lee. 2015-06-13 02:22:18

Christopher Lee was the most metal 93 year old that has or will ever live

BBS Signature

Response to R.I.P. Christopher Lee. 2015-06-13 08:57:31

he died lol bye.

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to R.I.P. Christopher Lee. 2015-06-13 11:23:26

I never myself realized how old he was. I mean, given his immensely long career (probably rivaling only that of Mickey Rooney) it seemed inevitable. Seriously, this guy had more Hollywood roles than ANYONE in history. Dracula, Star Wars, Lord Of The Rings, he was freaking accomplished. I find it sad that I mentioned his death to my boss and he didn't even know who he was!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to R.I.P. Christopher Lee. 2015-06-14 10:09:55

In Leonard Maltin's movie guide, he stopped putting up the filmographies of actors in the back of his movie guide. I remember Christopher Lee having the longest credits back then and I'm so disappointed he doesn't do that. Well, maybe it'll appear in his later movie guides. He makes one every year, you know!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to R.I.P. Christopher Lee. 2015-06-14 11:48:17 (edited 2015-06-14 11:49:31)

RIP Count Dooku/Sarumon/DiZ

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to R.I.P. Christopher Lee. 2015-06-14 13:45:41

At 6/12/15 08:43 PM, Ketchemonia wrote: This is all anyone needs to know about Christopher Lee.

Heres some quick facts about Christopher Lee.

copied this from another site. but I already knew a lot of these.

1) He was entered into the Guinness Book of World Records in 2007 for most screen credits, tallest leading actor, and for starring in the “most films with a sword fight” with 17.

2) He mother was an Italian contessa, and through her Lee descended from the Emperor Charlemagne of the Holy Roman Empire and was related to Robert E. Lee, the Confederate general.

3) He met Prince Yusupov and Grand Duke Dmitri Pavlovich, the assassins of the Russian monk Rasputin when he was a child.

4) At age 17, he was in attendance for the last public execution via guillotine.

5) During World War II, Lee joined the Royal Air Force but wasn’t allowed to fly because of a problem with his optic nerve. So he became an intelligence officer for the Long Range Desert Patrol, a forerunner of the SAS, Britain’s special forces. He fought the Nazis in North Africa, often having up to five missions a day. During this time he helped retake Sicily, prevented a mutiny among his troops, contracted malaria six times in a single year and climbed Mount Vesuvius three days before it erupted.

6) At some point during the war he moved from the LRDP to Winston Churchill’s even more elite Special Operations Executive, whose missions are literally still classified, but involved “conducting espionage, sabotage and reconnaissance in occupied Europe against the Axis powers.” The SOE was more informally called The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare.

7) About his time in the SOE, Lee was quoted saying “I’ve seen many men die right in front of me - so many in fact that I’ve become almost hardened to it. Having seen the worst that human beings can do to each other, the results of torture, mutilation and seeing someone blown to pieces by a bomb, you develop a kind of shell. But you had to. You had to. Otherwise we would never have won.” By the end of the war he’d received commendations for bravery from the British, Polish, Czech and Yugoslavia governments.

8) Speaking both French and Italian, Lee spent his time after World War II he hunting Nazis with the Central Registry of War Criminals and Security Suspects until he decided to give acting a try at age 25.

9) While filming a swordfight with a drunken Errol Flynn during the filming of The Dark Avengers in 1955, Flynn accidentally cut Lee’s hand so badly his finger nearly came off, and permanently injured. Later, Lee cut off Flynn’s wig while Flynn was still wearing it. Flynn stormed off set and refused to come out of his trailer until Lee claimed it was an accident.

10) While best known for his portrayal of Dracula in countless films, he’s also starred as the Mummy and Frankenstein’s monster. Of course he’s known as Saruman in Lord of the Rings and Count Dooku in the Star Wars prequels, but his other villainous roles include Fu Manchu, Rasputin, Rochefort of The Three Musketeers, Lord Summerisle of The Wicker Man, the James Bond villain Scaramanga, Mephistopheles, and Death himself.

11) Lee was not only related to James Bond creator and author Ian Fleming, but Lee was actually one of Fleming’s first choices for the role of Bond.

12) He played Sherlock Holmes, his brother Mycroft Holmes, and also Sir Henry Baskerville of The Hound of the Baskervilles.

13) He became tired of playing Dracula but when Lee tried to quit Hammer films the studio executives guilted him into returning by saying that many people could be out of work if Lee stopped churning out hits. Lee agreed to star in Dracula: Prince of Darkness, but felt the script was so awful he adamantly refused to say any of the dialogue.

14) In the ‘50s, Lee was engaged to Henriette von Rosen, daughter of Count Fritz von Rosen. The Count apparently didn’t like Lee and also refused to allow his daughter to marry him unless Lee got the blessing of the King of Sweden. Lee got it.

15) Lee read The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy once a year for the majority of his life. And was the only member of the movie cast to have met Tolkien personally. Tolkien actually gave him his blessing to play Gandalf in any future LotR movie.

16) When Lee heard that Hollywood was going to finally make the LotR trilogy into movies, he took a role in a TV series called The New Adventures of Robin Hood as a wizard, so he’d have clear evidence of his ability to be a wizard. When he heard Peter Jackson would direct the films, he sent Jackson a personal letter asking to be in the movies. But Lee’s advanced age and his natural ability to play villains made him an even better choice for Saruman.

17) During his death scene in Return of the King, director Peter Jackson was describing to him what sound people getting stabbed in the back should make. Lee responded that he had seen people being stabbed in the back, and knew exactly what sound they made.

18) He reportedly knew “the names of every official public executioner employed by England, dating all the way back to the mid-15th century.”

19) He released his first full heavy metal album in 2010 at the age of 88. Titled Charlemagne: By the Sword and the Cross, which won the “Spirit of Metal” award from the 2010 Metal Hammer Golden Gods ceremony. And made a metal Christmas album in 2012. He was the oldest metal performer, and the oldest musician to ever hit the Billboard music charts.

20) Lee was a world champion fencer, an opera singer, and spoke six languages.

21) He was made a Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire in 2009, a Commander of the Venerable Order of Saint John in 1997, made a Commander of the Order of Arts and Letters by the French government in 2011, earned he British Academy of Film and Television Arts Fellowship in 2011, received the The Bram Stoker Award for Lifetime Achievement in 1994, and so many more.

22) Last but not least: Despite everything you’ve heard about the “six degrees of Kevin Bacon,” Christopher Lee was recognized as being the most connected actor in the world in 2008, again by Guinness. He connects to virtually any actor in 2.59 steps, beating Bacon.

At 6/14/15 11:48 AM, Eddmario wrote: RIP Count Dooku/Sarumon/DiZ

They may as well cancel KH3 now.
Leonard Nemoy is dead
Christopher Lee is dead
Chikao Ohtsuka is dead

They have lost the voice of DiZ/Ansem The Wise along with both the English AND Japanese voice actors for Xehanort.
The whole point of KH3 was that there was going to be 7 Keyblade weilders fighting 13 different incarnations of Xehanort.
They waited too damn long to start work on that game. KH2 came out in 2005! That was TEN years ago!

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to R.I.P. Christopher Lee. 2015-06-21 09:52:45

At 6/14/15 11:48 AM, Eddmario wrote: RIP Count Dooku/Sarumon/DiZ

I guess the deaths of Count Dooku and Saruman in universe come off as more significant. Pity he was a villain.

Response to R.I.P. Christopher Lee. 2015-06-21 10:05:29

At 6/21/15 09:52 AM, Ericho wrote: Pity he was a villain.

I don't consider it a pity, honestly. Christopher Lee really enjoyed playing as the villains and found them to be the most interesting characters. It's just wonderful to hear that he was enjoying his time on Earth performing as the antagonist.

Also an underrated Christopher Lee antagonist is King Haggard from The Last Unicorn. Christopher Lee always said that if the book was re-adapted for the screen he would've happily reprised his role as King Haggard. If you ask me, it's a pity now that he would be unable to do that.

wow haha ok there bud

My Music : Last.fm : My GoodReads : My Film Collection

BBS Signature