00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

June 2015 Challenge of the Month!

16,219 Views | 143 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-11 21:56:36

2nd WIP picture!! :)

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-11 23:02:01

First time submitting to anything online hope i did so in the right way. I drew this today. Making the move to full digital, trying to find myself still. :) Not sure many will get the reference but i had fun doing so as i had this "big Wheel" when i was younger.

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-12 03:43:30

At 6/11/15 09:20 PM, Justown wrote: Oh my gawd this is great but so terrifying.

Haha thanks a lot :D
Yeah,,, I like drawing creepy things somehow ^^'

I really love your entry btw! Great composition and so funny :D

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-12 07:34:01

At 6/12/15 03:43 AM, IrmaZwart wrote:
At 6/11/15 09:20 PM, Justown wrote: Oh my gawd this is great but so terrifying.
Haha thanks a lot :D
Yeah,,, I like drawing creepy things somehow ^^'

I really love your entry btw! Great composition and so funny :D

Haha thanks, Would love to see more of your creepy things ^_^

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-12 12:58:31

At 6/12/15 07:34 AM, Justown wrote: Haha thanks, Would love to see more of your creepy things ^_^

haha wow thanks! Hopefully I won't let you down then ;-)

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-12 19:56:54

My work moves forward!!
However, don't you find my Rocky makes slightly too old?

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-13 09:45:10

Marylin monroe as a child :D WIP

"You can run like leopard, fight like a Krogan but you'd never be better than Commander Shepard" ;D

BBS Signature

Whoever is the salty fuck who's been downvoting mine and the other entries for a few days straight,I pity him.I know Jazza doesn't give two damns about the score of the work but it's really retarded.

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-13 19:10:06

At 6/13/15 03:51 PM, ThePsychoSheep wrote: Whoever is the salty fuck who's been downvoting mine and the other entries for a few days straight,I pity him.I know Jazza doesn't give two damns about the score of the work but it's really retarded.

Brah, your stuff is on point. Don't even mind with the salty clowns!

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-13 19:11:15

This is just like a teaser for what I am working on :D This is no where near the final image, as the final should have at least another 10 characters :P

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-13 22:17:27

3rd WIP picture!!! :)

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-14 12:57:17

At 6/13/15 10:17 PM, RexSadio wrote: 3rd WIP picture!!! :)

That's coming along Nicely, Can't wait to see the finished piece!

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-15 02:49:46

At 6/13/15 11:31 PM, ProdanDimitrow wrote:
At 6/13/15 03:51 PM, ThePsychoSheep wrote: Whoever is the salty fuck who's been downvoting mine and the other entries for a few days straight,I pity him.I know Jazza doesn't give two damns about the score of the work but it's really retarded.
Mine has also been consistently getting lower rating with each day passing... such a d*ck move .

And I thought it was because we were drawing older less attractive characters that people didn't want to see. Not that the much younger characters are doing much better either.

Guess the ageswap category isn't doing so well in terms of popularity.

Pauca sed matura.

(Few but ripe.)

At 6/15/15 02:49 AM, Angelus-Mortis wrote: Guess the ageswap category isn't doing so well in terms of popularity.

I'm fairly certain its not that the theme is unpopular, its more than likely just one dick going through the "ageswap" tagged posts and Zero bombing them.

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-15 10:00:35

At 6/15/15 09:43 AM, ProdanDimitrow wrote:
At 6/15/15 05:02 AM, JackDCurleo wrote:
At 6/15/15 02:49 AM, Angelus-Mortis wrote: Guess the ageswap category isn't doing so well in terms of popularity.
I'm fairly certain its not that the theme is unpopular, its more than likely just one dick going through the "ageswap" tagged posts and Zero bombing them.
This is probably the case the votes wont matter for the competition(probably) but its still a douche move.

It wont matter in the end tbh, I've noticed the same on mine in the first day of submission when I was at 500 views mine was sitting on 4.5ish, then at 800 Dropped to 2.9 But I'm happy with my piece, there is nothing I would change, just things I've found doing this piece to help me improve moving into next months submission which is what this whole comp is about, and that is Challenging yourself finding flaws or weaknesses and self improving as you move forward. All submissions are judged personally by Jazza and has 0 influence on his point of view in the end as the winners selected will be those he personally believes shows great skill or is rendered extremely well. As well as artists that have shown great improvement from the previous works/submissions from previous months or previous art portal submissions.

I myself have had a cackle and admired most of the art on this theme and love the theme also. I don't see how its not popular as we ourselves did vote on the theme prior to selection.

Don't let the people letting there jealous monster free consume you and just keep doing your thing, and create artwork with your own style and flare cause its all fantastic.

Best of luck to all those submitting this month, Deadline is near and I'm eager to see more submissions myself :D

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-15 12:12:14

Need now to use colors!

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-15 12:59:39

Well, yes I'm not too upset if either people aren't interested in subjects that aren't in the target age range that's considered "attractive" or if there's someone zero-bombing ageswap entries. I'm used to that on other sites. I just wished more people would come out and tell me what they didn't like about my piece if they didn't like it. I don't mind if they don't like it, but it helps if I knew why, especially if it's constructive criticism. I would love it if Jazza offered that, but I understand he wouldn't have time to do that for everyone.

And I guess I'm also a little surprised that my later entries aren't getting as much points as they used to. It used to be very easy to get a 4, and now I find I'll be lucky if they get there. Especially since I haven't been around here for years, and I'm much better now than I used to be.

Pauca sed matura.

(Few but ripe.)

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-15 15:00:11

"AGE SWAP"

DuckTales

Baby Scrooge with old Huey, Dewey, and Louie.

Hugs from Brazil!

Abraços do Brasil!

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-15 15:33:29

here's my work so far, it's a young version of roy mustang from full metal alchemist. hope you guys like it.

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-15 16:54:28

Hello!
I'm new to Newgrounds, I'm only in my early teens and this is one of my first digitally done pieces.
So low expectations please.
My WIP is Dipper Pines from Gravity Falls as an old(ish) man.
Definitely not done yet but you know...
Not sure on the colour palette of the beard/stubble...
BACKGROUND AND POSSIBLY MORE CHARACTERS COMING SOON
PLEASE LEAVE ADVICE
Thanks for taking the time to read this!

PS the image may be bad quality, but I just quickly did this upload.

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-16 07:32:42

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-16 17:50:15

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-18 05:05:59

I think i quir art lol... I just cant make a digital drawing so i drew an old jazza the old casual way with a pencil... Didnt have an eraser tho :/ and couldve had made a better job... And it looks better in real life

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-18 05:09:02

At 6/18/15 05:05 AM, JohanEP wrote: I think i quir art lol... I just cant make a digital drawing so i drew an old jazza the old casual way with a pencil... Didnt have an eraser tho :/ and couldve had made a better job... And it looks better in real life

Oh well, At least i tried... I love you jazza you are my inspirtion to keep drawing

Someone has been down-voting mine too!
The problem on NG is the more we vote for games or movies, the more our marks are signifiant. As a result, some makes an excessive use of it and enjoys putting of bad marks... We spent a lot of time on our drawing, we enjoyed it and we get bad ratings. I find it quite frustrating!
So far, my level on NG is 5: it isn't a lot but I try to increase a little bit your mark and the others.
Have a nice day and good luck for the competition!

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-18 18:09:22

Another WIP update, I find myself chuckling a lot as I do this :P

I get what your'e trying to say with those marks. Mine got a 2 after some time while I've put a pretty fair amount of time and effort and it's the same for the others I tried to submit after. People are either being super picky or loves to screw around artist's feelings more and more :( (I mean come on, some art here are amazing!) Such a shame we now need an army of follower or be super amazing to get 4 or more. I think there should be a ranking on a scale of 10 instead of 5 (more precise notes means better place for improvement). Right now, the gap between 3 and 4 is too thin to give an actual reliable help for the artist (well I think so). Anyway, yeah there's someone that went crazy on downvoting people from the challenge and it really suck.

Response to June 2015 Challenge of the Month! 2015-06-18 20:19:41

At 6/18/15 08:08 PM, miliade wrote: I get what your'e trying to say with those marks. Mine got voted 2 on first day while I've put a pretty fair amount of time and effort

At least scouted!

At 6/18/15 08:19 PM, cuteboy99 wrote:
At 6/18/15 08:08 PM, miliade wrote: I get what your'e trying to say with those marks. Mine got voted 2 on first day while I've put a pretty fair amount of time and effort
At least scouted!

I got lucky on that one it seems. And well, only scouted people can deplore what's happening with the ranking system. So what's the point? And scouted or not, everybody puts a lot of effort in what they do, so it seems fair to be disapointed when someone think what you did is bad without explaining why. Well, at least I do.