00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

switizuwu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

help w/ music (revised)

882 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

help w/ music (revised) 2015-05-31 23:25:46

Alright, so i accidently posted this in the general forum and i was told that i would received answers if i posted in the audio portal forum.So here it goes:

I've been making an tribute album for two late friends of mine and i'm trying to find a completely free absolutely reliable easy to use music making program that i can use. I've first started the music by using mixcraft 6 but i made the music on the free trial. Since i didn't have money to continue using mixcraft, I tried music maker jam and it's "meh". Then i went to UJam and Soundtrap. While those are good, they kinda stink due because of this "slot" system they have for making. So The slot system is just basically a person, usually gets two free slots when starting. And you get other slots ( it usually goes up to 7 slots, at the most) by doing rather dumb tasks. For example, completing your bio or recommending that music software to via social media or whatever.

i'm just tired with all these free trial music making programs and limited song making slot on music making sites!

I have only until July 21st to finish the album. (That date being what would've been one of my friends 18th birthday had he not took his own life). I'm not trying to promote anything or spam or scam anyone here on these forums. All i'm just looking for is any advice on a reliable completely free easy for beginners music making software i could use for making music.

Please, i've two months till i have release the album and i'm truly getting desperate on trying to finish the music.
So, if anyone reads this, Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, God Bless, and Later days!
-The 8th of K's Raspberry Parade..

Response to help w/ music (revised) 2015-06-01 00:47:28

At 5/31/15 11:25 PM, EighthofK wrote: i was told that i would received answers if i posted in the audio portal forum.

lol good one.

pity posting right now

Completely free :
- LMMS (FL Studio knockoff)
- Famitracker ( Atari music producer)
- Reaper (ask you to buy, not force)

or FL Studio's freeware is a bit nicer, lets you use it fully with the exception of saving, so if you have no problem doing one track per sitting...

Response to help w/ music (revised) 2015-06-01 01:38:32 (edited 2015-06-01 01:41:00)

At 6/1/15 12:47 AM, Dubsyn wrote: - Famitracker (Atari music producer)

*NES/famicom (hence the name!)

tracking is a very different music-making paradigm, but it's not as difficult as the rows of numbers and letters make it look. once learned it's actually really quick and intuitive!

p.s. i am gay

Response to help w/ music (revised) 2015-06-01 01:53:12

At 6/1/15 01:38 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 6/1/15 12:47 AM, Dubsyn wrote: - Famitracker (Atari music producer)
*NES/famicom (hence the name!)

Noted. I swear I made it sound like an Atari one time, though.

Also forgot to mention Audacity (basic sampler, almost like advanced windows recorder program).

Response to help w/ music (revised) 2015-06-01 03:51:24

Since you might need some instruments and effects as well, you can find some freebies here :
- http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1381985
- http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1390714#bbspost25516089_post_text

Also, if you're using Windows, LMMS may be unstable with some VSTs (I remember Kontakt Player was preventing me from loading my projects, for example). But since it's been 3 or 4 years that I use Reaper instead, it may work better now.

Sentient-ish thingy that likes making music. | My audio submissions | My Youtube channel

BBS Signature

Response to help w/ music (revised) 2015-06-02 12:28:32

Here you can find some free VST that are "8-16 bit sound".
http://www.vst4free.com/index.php?plug-ins=Lo-fi
I hope it can be helpful.

Response to help w/ music (revised) 2015-06-05 23:41:44

At 6/1/15 12:47 AM, Dubsyn wrote:
At 5/31/15 11:25 PM, EighthofK wrote: i was told that i would received answers if i posted in the audio portal forum.
lol good one.

pity posting right now
Completely free :
- LMMS (FL Studio knockoff)
- Famitracker ( Atari music producer)
- Reaper (ask you to buy, not force)

or FL Studio's freeware is a bit nicer, lets you use it fully with the exception of saving, so if you have no problem doing one track per sitting...

Thanks! I definitely try these!
(Also,just wondering, what did you mean by pity posting?)