00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do you dislike stereotypes?

431 Views | 10 Replies

Like i was listening to Sonic Adventure 2 Battle OST with Knuckle's theme, and some makes jokes about him being black or something. I mean world influence is in games, but he is obviously red,, duuh.. (joking).
But i dont get how someone just have to point it out. What's next, Oooooh he's white because its grunge. Oooh so funny, amirite.

Just wondering what you guys think?

Response to Do you dislike stereotypes? 2015-05-29 00:15:20

At 5/29/15 12:04 AM, SubliminalVirus wrote: I don't give a fuck... why would anyone?

Thats the point. I just find jokes on race idiotic in general. Like who cares.

Response to Do you dislike stereotypes? 2015-05-29 00:17:01

Depends if they're used in a humorous light or not.

Response to Do you dislike stereotypes? 2015-05-29 00:17:15

At 5/29/15 12:15 AM, SubliminalVirus wrote:
At 5/29/15 12:15 AM, Sitde wrote:
At 5/29/15 12:04 AM, SubliminalVirus wrote: I don't give a fuck... why would anyone?
Thats the point. I just find jokes on race idiotic in general. Like who cares.
the dude who fuckin brings it up cares...

Yeah, because its dumb.

Response to Do you dislike stereotypes? 2015-05-29 00:18:11

they can be funny sometimes or they can be down right cruel.

the ones that are amusing, i don't mind.

Response to Do you dislike stereotypes? 2015-05-29 00:18:40

At 5/29/15 12:17 AM, ThePulp wrote: Depends if they're used in a humorous light or not.

Exactly.

Just because im quiet doesn't mean im shy & OP totally watches SuperBestFriends play on youtube

"Hitler was a great leader."

BBS Signature

Response to Do you dislike stereotypes? 2015-05-29 00:22:06

I genuinely don't care. If someone wants to stereotype me, then that's their problem. I don't live my life to please other people.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you dislike stereotypes? 2015-05-29 01:02:17

At 5/29/15 12:17 AM, Sitde wrote:
At 5/29/15 12:15 AM, SubliminalVirus wrote:
At 5/29/15 12:15 AM, Sitde wrote: Thats the point. Like who cares.
the dude who fuckin brings it up cares...
Yeah, because its dumb.

I spy some holes afoot.

Response to Do you dislike stereotypes? 2015-05-29 06:02:42

At 5/29/15 12:01 AM, Sitde wrote: Like i was listening to Sonic Adventure 2 Battle OST with Knuckle's theme, and some makes jokes about him being black or something. I mean world influence is in games, but he is obviously red,, duuh.. (joking).
But i dont get how someone just have to point it out. What's next, Oooooh he's white because its grunge. Oooh so funny, amirite.

Just wondering what you guys think?

Sonic's quality had gone down the drain for a long time, I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic Team of all people resorted to stereotypes to sound funny. And no, I don't like stereotypes. Not one bit.

As long as they don't hurt anyone stereotypes can be a good thing for social interaction. We all have stereotypes from where we live mostly like since I'm English I complain a lot and over dress in suits and hats etc. and they are all fun ones to take in stride for mutual humour. Not all stereotypes are good though as some can be hurtful or disrespectful etc. Like again an English one for having bad teeth people might not like it since it is a statement against their health. So you can see how some stereotypes are nice but some can go a bit far over and cause some negativity.

Then of course you can get stereotypes spawning from hate or a lack of understanding etc. which can lead to very bad things, bullying and persecution, even hate crimes. So it is definitely not something to be taken lightly as allowing a stereotype to reach that point is unacceptable.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature