00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BWWAA-LORD-OF-DUCKS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Brush tool in Flash CS6

794 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Brush tool in Flash CS6 2015-05-26 04:57:02

In Flash is it possible to make it so the brush to stay the same size no matter what the zoom. I want to get lines like HappyHarry's/psychicpebbles's and not the horrible clunky things the brush gives you when set to the default settings.
Someone suggested using the pencil tool to me but it predicts corners and stuff to much for my liking.

Brush tool in Flash CS6

Response to Brush tool in Flash CS6 2015-05-26 16:31:51

At 5/26/15 04:57 AM, TaylorMadeCartoons wrote: In Flash is it possible to make it so the brush to stay the same size no matter what the zoom. I want to get lines like HappyHarry's/psychicpebbles's and not the horrible clunky things the brush gives you when set to the default settings.
Someone suggested using the pencil tool to me but it predicts corners and stuff to much for my liking.

What I do is just re size the brush every time I zoom in and it works but it's very repetitive

Response to Brush tool in Flash CS6 2015-05-26 17:47:48

At 5/26/15 04:57 AM, TaylorMadeCartoons wrote: Someone suggested using the pencil tool to me but it predicts corners and stuff to much for my liking.

Change the pencil tool settings to either ink or smooth; you clearly have it on straighten.

Response to Brush tool in Flash CS6 2015-05-26 17:59:49

At 5/26/15 05:47 PM, Psychopath wrote:
At 5/26/15 04:57 AM, TaylorMadeCartoons wrote: Someone suggested using the pencil tool to me but it predicts corners and stuff to much for my liking.
Change the pencil tool settings to either ink or smooth; you clearly have it on straighten.

Holy shit thank you so much!

Response to Brush tool in Flash CS6 2015-05-26 18:06:49

At 5/26/15 05:59 PM, TaylorMadeCartoons wrote:
At 5/26/15 05:47 PM, Psychopath wrote:
Holy shit thank you so much!

Not a problem. If you want those wavy outlines that you see used by TheSwain and the like, create two outlines for the outer and inner portions and fill that in with color. You can bend outlines to your liking using the selection tool. This process takes much longer than traditional straight line animation but if that's what you want, that's the best way to get it.