00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Least Favorite Music Genre?

5,677 Views | 76 Replies

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-05-26 18:42:57

Dubstep
Literally every single dubstep song I have ever heard in my entire life has sounded like nothing but auditory garbage.
And I'm not just talking about mainstream stuff.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-05-26 20:37:07

At 5/26/15 06:42 PM, Viper wrote: Dubstep
Literally every single dubstep song I have ever heard in my entire life has sounded like nothing but auditory garbage.
And I'm not just talking about mainstream stuff.

Dub is better, but there are just a few dubstep songs I think are actually decent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M-jOZRe0-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Waqn0jBG58

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-05-26 20:43:07

Big Room House is my least favorite genre.

At 5/26/15 08:37 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Dub is better, but there are just a few dubstep songs I think are actually decent.

I will admit that some Dub is good. Like the I can definitely enjoy the "dubby" stuff Al Cisneros has released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvYQNHeI7_k

dunno if this counts but whatever. i like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M-jOZRe0-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Waqn0jBG58

But I can't really get into stuff like that^ dunno why

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-05-27 01:27:13

Rap
Country
and that subgenre of metal where they incoherently scream into the microphone.

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-05-27 02:12:40

Either Gospel or whatever the fuck Melt Banana is.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

What we call russ-songs, which always come with the Norwegian high school graduates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oB96DRb7Yg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoqNxpUYcPM

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-05-27 07:18:04

I know the grungy techno that most people do shuffling or whatever. That kind of music aint great

Noggleton is so cool lol

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-29 19:25:55

At 5/25/15 06:13 PM, argile wrote: I hate Pop especially with the contemporaries.

I just recently found out that I hate a majority of 60s and 70s tunes along with Italo disco. ...I think I hate all genres equally though I just stick out around long enough with them to find stuff that I like.

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-29 19:31:35

horsefucker bullshit, a la thelivingtombstone

Sig made by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-29 19:55:11

Country

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-29 20:19:44

I hate trap music and goofy modern rap that just consists of a better song playing in the background while the vocalist wheezes out random syllables that rhyme.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-29 20:46:53

Country

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-29 21:36:32

At 5/25/15 09:58 PM, Lich wrote: objectively terrible to listen to in my opinion
objectively
in my opinion

Uhh...

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-29 21:54:18

I can only assume everyone here saying "country" is talking about modern country. Old country music is great.

Anyway, I really fucking hate rap and metal.

I also dislike lanky white kids who dress like retards and listen to Tyler the Creator/Hopsin/Odd Future/Whatever and think it makes them black.

As a southern straight white male cyclist, I'm probably the most hated person in America right now

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-29 22:25:20

I appreciate all styles of music, but my least favorite would have to be:

Classical Rock- Probably because I listened to so much of it in high school and got tired of it. Also because a lot of guitar music today is a derivative of the genre. The high pitched vocals is profusely annoying. The drums commonly are too simplistic.

Classical- This is a very broad genre, so it's hard to further narrow my selection, but I just never have been able to get into the genre as a whole. But I'm thinking primarily of music composed before the Romanticism era. I can appreciate the complexity and emotion behind the genre, but it starts to get boring and sounding the same too fast. There is also a lack of diverse instrumentation and emphasis on "extended" harmonies. Contemporary classical, instrumental, cinematic, and VG OSTs that some may classify as new age classical are some of my favorite styles, though.

Dubstep: best listened to in small amounts. IMO, it is the try hard, extra chromosome carrying cousin of DnB. I like DnB basslines, but when "wobble" FX are exaggerated to the extent that is commonplace in a Dubstep song, it's just hard for me to groove to.

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-29 22:34:25

At 7/29/15 10:25 PM, S3C wrote: music composed before the Romanticism era

you're not the only one brother, baroque sucks ass

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-29 22:37:36

At 5/25/15 03:28 PM, motokocat22 wrote: I absolutely loathe Country.

Im with you, I dont really like country all that much, though I wouldnt necessarily say I absolutely loathe it, I just prefer to not listen to it if I can help it

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-29 22:43:38

Opera and gospel. I can't stand those two.

HahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. funny guy over here, look at 'im.

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-29 22:43:53

Pop. Popular genres in all variations.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-29 22:45:12

Hip hop, rap, and country.

Heavy metal and hard rock are the best forms of music ever made. That's just a fact.

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-29 22:52:31

There's something wrong with me. Whenever someone doesn't like the music I like, I don't get angry, I get sad. As if they've insulted me personally to such a degree that my only possible response is deep crushing sadness. You don't like metal? I may not speak to anyone for several days due to severe heartbreak. Insult my favorite band and its suicide hotline on speed dial for me for at least several weeks. This is literally the only thing that can make me sad. Also, country isn't very good.

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-29 23:53:13

Anything that is overtly Christian, not only does it sound preachy, but essentially removes the soul of rock {or any other genre for that matter} and replaces it with either rather childish Bible stories or if taken up to a high level, sound so disingenuous and narmy, it defeats its own purpose. Ironically, sub-genres like metal, punk and horrorcore actually are a better fit for Christian music mostly because the Bible isn't exactly the most kid-friendly reading material out there once you think about it, and they need the inspiration coming from somewhere.

P.O.D, Switchfoot and Thousand Foot Krutch proves that a Christian {albeit rather loosely} rock band can work, Hell, MC Hammer did this in rap music too when he wasn't blowing his money away on gold chains for his dogs, what's stopping the rest of the Christian artists from doing that?

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-30 04:59:41

I don't care for hip-hop and rap.

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-07-30 10:01:14

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-08-03 19:46:33

Also a majority of electronic music to.

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-08-03 21:54:50

music made by stupid ppl/hipsters

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-08-04 09:08:02

Least favorite music genre would be mainstream pop (including pop hip-hop, pop country, Christian pop, etc...), with some exceptions.

Only reason is (in addition to much of it being genuinely terrible), you're effectively forced to listen to it anyway even if you can't stand some particular song(s) because they're played constantly in public places, grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, office buildings, and so forth, so unless you literally just box yourself in and never leave the house you're going to hear it.

Compare to other genres of music which you really don't hear unless you go out of your way to hear them. And if you go out of your way to listen to something it's most likely either because you actually wish to listen to it for enjoyment or because you take some academic interest in it and are studying it or something.

Also I agree with @vannila-guerilla and @GodInACup that metal genres are some of the best music genres. I would also add classical, bluegrass, jazz, and electronic as some of the best genres.

Basically anything fast and technical has potential to be completely awesome.
Anything too repetitive, annoying, or too focused on "love" has potential to absolutely suck.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-08-04 18:37:57

I have one or two exceptions but metalcore and post-hardcore were never genres I enjoyed in excess - the overly polished sound and hyperbolic edgy teen-drama bullshit it epitomises never appealed to me outside of one band.

wow haha ok there bud

My Music : Last.fm : My GoodReads : My Film Collection

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite Music Genre? 2015-08-04 22:46:46

At 8/3/15 07:46 PM, argile wrote: Also a majority of electronic music to.

I think i might also have a distaste to thrash metal now.