00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

online dating for people who have

2,044 Views | 35 Replies

online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 12:44:52

http://www.mpwh.com/

std's. now im not judging anyone who has an std
but apparently there are more and more sites available for people who share the same diseases to meet each other and have a community.
i think that its weird but okay. its better then giving other people whatever the have i suppose.
but do you think this is stupid or a good idea? I'm pretty sure there are sites not just for people who have herpes but other things as well out there.

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 12:56:42

It's a good idea.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will be helpful for any Newgrounders because none of them have had enough sex to get an STD.

At 5/21/15 12:56 PM, Bit wrote: It's a good idea.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will be helpful for any Newgrounders because none of them have had enough sex to get an STD.

i shudder to think about how many people are on the herpes site
but why shouldnt they have their own community to date each other?

and i hope no one on here gets any either lol @bit

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 13:01:10

At 5/21/15 12:58 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote: and i hope no one on here gets any either lol @bit

Unless a masturbation-triggered disease pops up, everyone on this site is perfectly safe.

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 13:01:46

@mysticvortex13

All im saying is, its kind of neat that there are online dating sites specific
to people with an STD.
makes them think that they arent alone and there are others out there that have an std like them

all the power to em

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 13:09:04

You call it a website for people with STDs, I call it a website full of opportunities and new experiences, which are followed by sweet, sweet remorse

BBS Signature

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 14:47:52

I think it's a good idea. People with the herp deserve love too. I really wonder if there are any people who are disease free who jump on any of these sites mistakenly. What a story that would be.

BBS Signature

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 18:26:17

I bet it's gonna attract bug chasers. (Clean people who want to get an STD)

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 18:27:24

At 5/21/15 06:26 PM, Painbringer wrote: I bet it's gonna attract bug chasers. (Clean people who want to get an STD)

the fuck.... people actually want one

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 18:30:04

Before I clicked the thread, I imagined "Online dating for people who have AIDS"...
Then I saw what the thread was about... Close nuff

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 18:36:06

At 5/21/15 06:26 PM, Painbringer wrote: I bet it's gonna attract bug chasers. (Clean people who want to get an STD)

Who in the....why would anyone WANT to get an STD? Thats beyond retarded.
Fucking stupid people. Oh my god....

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 18:36:37

At 5/21/15 06:33 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 5/21/15 06:27 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote:
the fuck.... people actually want one
yes, there's a huge subculture of people who try to contract hiv

check out the gift, a documentary about the phenomenon

thats messed up. some one willing to get aids/hiv and any other illness/
instead of being perfectly healthy and NOT shortening your life span. Erm, whatever floats your boat i suppose

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 18:37:05

At 5/21/15 06:36 PM, Viper wrote:
Who in the....why would anyone WANT to get an STD? Thats beyond retarded.
Fucking stupid people. Oh my god....

thats what i was thinking...

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 19:04:59

It is good to have a sexual health check at your local clinic and if you do have an STD of some kind to be completely open about it with anyone you will be sleeping with as they have the rights to know and whether or not they risk getting it as well.

But an actual service for only people who have such things is really dumb. Since there are many types and varieties of STDs even HIV has multiple types so it just seems needlessly complicated to set up a service like that. Not to mention it would give a negative view of people using it as if they didn't care about their health or others or that they all have serious things even if they just have something curable or similar.

I don't see the problem with just doing stuff "normally" and when it comes to seeming like you are sexually interested in each other to be open about the STD you suffer from. Starting off interactions to people by stating you have an STD is like you are defining yourself by this problem.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 19:08:43

It's actually a very wrong idea and a proof that human uneducation can lead to serious catastrophes. The idea might seem nice, but it is harmful in practice. Like communism.

Authors of the site probably are not aware, that even if two people have the same std, they might suffer from so called superinfection, which is even more harmful than the standard, normal infection. Besides there are lots of people who are actually turned on by the thought of being infected with a deadly virus, such as HIV. And they would probably do it if it was easy to do and they were pretty horny, but they would regret it till the rest of their lives. With such portal, they can really easily find a match and do a mistake they will actually regret, a mistake that will ruin their lives.

If someone is sick, he/she should get some help. If there's no help, then that person should at least inform every close person to him/her that he/she's sick. Sites like that are probably going to end up in some local std pandemics.

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 19:12:29

At 5/21/15 06:39 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 5/21/15 06:36 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote: thats messed up. some one willing to get aids/hiv and any other illness/
instead of being perfectly healthy and NOT shortening your life span. Erm, whatever floats your boat i suppose
a lot of poor gay men do it in order to qualify for government benefits

others do it because they are suicidal or don't care about the negative impact of contracting it

it's a very dangerous phenomenon that is often overstated by opponents of homosexuals in order to make them look mentally ill

I've heard about this. There's another subset of chasers to whom it's seen as an act of community. Even for some it's a turn on to be initiated or initiate others into the brotherhood. They tend to write the actual sickness off as a notation that requires a bunch of pills. The need for community does sick things to people's heads sometimes.
In his documentary "Hiv and me" Stephen Fry is horrified to hear a first hand account of a young man essentially being gang banged by positive men in order to contract it. Part one of the documentary here, part two should be somewhere in the recommendations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6H1Q19OQck

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 19:14:07

At 5/21/15 06:39 PM, Sekhem wrote: others do it because they are suicidal or don't care about the negative impact of contracting it

Or they believe they have the perfect immune system.

Or they just don't believe that HIV/AIDS is real, and that it's the harsh drugs that kills people.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

@stafffighter

i just watched that, its so sad and depressing. especially for that one girl, Carly or whatever.
interesting stuff though for sure and ill work on part 2 another time.

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 19:50:46

fuck yeah, now I can finish my collection.

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 19:51:47

At 5/21/15 07:50 PM, PussyShark wrote: fuck yeah, now I can finish my collection.

take your aids some where else, please.

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 19:54:31

At 5/21/15 07:51 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote:
At 5/21/15 07:50 PM, PussyShark wrote: fuck yeah, now I can finish my collection.
take your aids some where else, please.

I wish I could.....

): ........

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 20:03:13

At 5/21/15 07:47 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote: @stafffighter

i just watched that, its so sad and depressing. especially for that one girl, Carly or whatever.

Yeah it is. But he handles the subject matter with his trademark gentleness and dignity. Really that makes the frankness of the material a lot easier to sit through.
The weird part is I found that after watching Black Adder clips.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

At 5/21/15 08:03 PM, stafffighter wrote:

Yeah it is. But he handles the subject matter with his trademark gentleness and dignity. Really that makes the frankness of the material a lot easier to sit through.
The weird part is I found that after watching Black Adder clips

i hope its not weird that i enjoyed that documentary. the way he talked about HIV and such, like you just mentioned. very informative actually, it was good. it was interesting to dig a little deeper about the subject and learn some new things.

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 20:14:15

At 5/21/15 08:06 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote:
At 5/21/15 08:03 PM, stafffighter wrote:

The weird part is I found that after watching Black Adder clips
i hope its not weird that i enjoyed that documentary. the way he talked about HIV and such, like you just mentioned. very informative actually, it was good. it was interesting to dig a little deeper about the subject and learn some new things.

No, it's not weird. Interesting information was being relayed in a palatable format. You can say that was enjoyable without anyone taking it as "Yay, aids!" Part two is definitely worth watching when you get the chance.
I'm not a cultural snob by any means but from what I've seen British documentaries tend to be more frank about their material than American ones that spend half their run justifying or apologizing for their premise.

BBS Signature

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 20:15:53

ayyyyy what kind of aids u got bby?

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-21 20:53:16

This sounds like a melting pot for diseases to spread and conglomerate.

This sounds like a terrible idea.

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-23 15:03:45

@stafffighter
so, i just watched the second part. interesting information. it was a good watch, thank you for posting that link.

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-23 15:16:04

Isn't Newgrounds also one of those kind of sites? I mean not that I have any lip sores etc but I mean a community for people who share the same kind of disease.

Newgrounds BBS disease: The need to constantly post in the BBS.

Raise awareness for Newgrounds disease

Response to online dating for people who have 2015-05-23 18:06:04

At 5/23/15 03:03 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote: @stafffighter
so, i just watched the second part. interesting information. it was a good watch, thank you for posting that link.

I'm glad I could present it to you. It's sobering stuff but very important stuff to have known.

BBS Signature

Who the hell creates sites like these?

NG UOTD 2/4/11 | I run a Minecraft server. | Con los terroristas

BBS Signature