00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Which instrument do you play ?

3,463 Views | 71 Replies

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 23:02:54

I play the electric trumpet.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 23:03:16

At 5/20/15 06:16 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Quite a few actually... *breathes*

Piano (and keyboard and melodica by extension), harp, pipe organ, most drums and untuned percussion, glockenspiel, xylophone, and to a lesser extent, tin whistle, recorder, panpipes, harmonica...

Though of all these, the drum is my instrument of preference.

I understand you :)

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 23:05:15

At 5/20/15 11:02 PM, FoAngel wrote: Piano and guitar, even went so far as i buy a midi keyboard at one stage to make music. Which i sometimes do in my spare time

Sweet :)

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 23:07:13

I've had formal lessons with the cello,including my high school's symphonic orchestra for few years. Haven't played it since then though.

I also like to mess around with guitars whenever I get a chance, though I don't own one myself.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 23:08:20

At 5/20/15 11:07 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I've had formal lessons with the cello,including my high school's symphonic orchestra for few years. Haven't played it since then though.

I also like to mess around with guitars whenever I get a chance, though I don't own one myself.

But you own your talent ! :P

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 23:10:27

At 5/20/15 11:07 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I've had formal lessons with the cello,including my high school's symphonic orchestra for few years. Haven't played it since then though.

Whenever I'm around a guitar, I just palm mute and bang the open E string (in drop A), while bragging about how easy it could be for me to join a death core band.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

At 5/20/15 10:30 PM, Nacholuskey wrote: Connect your soul with your instrument. After that you could play with anyone and whatever you like, the best part is that you are already a rockstar inside of you but you just don't believe it enough to let him out of you :3

The moral: Music is another dimension and its worth it to discover

Aaww thanks. <3

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-21 03:32:51

I play guitar. With how long I've had one I should be a fucking master at it (no less than 9 years)

...but I don't really practice it. Just write the occasional riff and learn the occasional song.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-21 03:33:10

At 5/20/15 11:40 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: I bet none of you can play like this.

God that movie was ridiculously stupid

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-21 03:59:33

I'm an adept guitar player which naturally also makes me somewhat of a decent bass player (but I would never claim to be a pro). I also have some basic understanding when it comes to playing piano and drums. Recently tried to learn how to play the harmonica which as of now is not going so great since the harmonica I bought somehow broke or something and it gives of these really sour notes it didn't use to. But did learn how to play a very basic blues loop and something else that to me sounded cool and to other people "not that awful".

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-21 16:44:07

At 5/21/15 04:42 AM, Hacklyn wrote:
At 5/20/15 08:47 PM, Bmwd wrote: I don't have any hands.
Try the Kazoo. Or whistle. Or opera singing. Be a rock star singer. Break glasses.

Whistling, not an instrument, Kazoo seriously? Only 5 year olds play that toy. Opera and rock star singing would be fine.

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-21 19:21:11

At 5/20/15 07:30 PM, Monster-64 wrote:
At 5/20/15 07:26 PM, zephy669 wrote: Guitar and.... believe it or not, harmonica.
That's pretty unique. What songs do you play on it? Are you pretty good at it, or rusty?

I only just started playing it (always wanted to). So basically scales and a few easy jazz riffs. Nothing fancy though. I wish I had more time with it though. It's cool to have. Like you put it in your back pocket and can just play it when you're like in line at the bank.

Cruise Control

A serial web fiction updated every Wednesday and Sunday.

BBS Signature