00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Which instrument do you play ?

3,462 Views | 71 Replies

Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 17:08:34

For me I play Bass & the guitar. What do you play you ?

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 17:10:12

I bought a ukulele and fully intend to learn to play it someday.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 17:14:28

I used to be able to play the clarinet and saxophone, but I haven't played in a long time.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 17:15:14

The only instrument I care to play is the skin flute.

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 17:16:27

i got a guitar harmonica a flute and ableton live

i never got the appeal of fl studio, its too time consuming unless you like cheatin with the midi effects in the "piano roll" trying to front being something its not. a bunch of fake knobs and wires and chords. shit doesnt even accept flac files or work with OSC as far as im aware

binding effcts and patterns to keyboard keys while playing on the piano midi controller in ableton is much faster

TRUMP 2020 | Ol'TOOL 2021

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 17:21:27

At 5/20/15 05:10 PM, stafffighter wrote: I bought a ukulele and fully intend to learn to play it someday.

Is it a 7 string electric ukulele? Uku-djent is my favorite genre of music.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 17:23:45

i play the booty

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 17:26:47

At 5/20/15 05:14 PM, generalwinter wrote: I used to be able to play the clarinet and saxophone, but I haven't played in a long time.

sometime you don't have to find a reason to play again. Sometime just taking it into your hands can change everything :)

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 17:33:45

The AveryPenis

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 17:38:18

I used to play Bass, but I never formally learned what I was doing. I think I learned three or four easy riffs, and that's it.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 17:41:11

If pussy were an instrument, I'd have myself a fucking symphony.

ratchili.com i make stuff

BBS Signature

At 5/20/15 05:38 PM, Phobotech wrote: I used to play Bass, but I never formally learned what I was doing. I think I learned three or four easy riffs, and that's it.

Its cool to be self-though but I don't recommend to be in a band, or maybe just a professional one :p

Beside of that its really fun and you should take advantage of your currant passion more. Because moe you play, more you
get better :)

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 17:48:12

At 5/20/15 05:21 PM, koopahermit wrote:
At 5/20/15 05:10 PM, stafffighter wrote: I bought a ukulele and fully intend to learn to play it someday.
Is it a 7 string electric ukulele? Uku-djent is my favorite genre of music.

It's just a cheap 4 string diamond head. The rebate card from my phone was burning a hole in my pocket and it seemed like a fun thing to try.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 17:51:20

At 5/20/15 05:49 PM, ZeroDown wrote: I used to be a kickass base player back in the day, but I haven't picked up an instrument in five years.

The best moment to play is always now. ;)

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 17:52:03

At 5/20/15 05:45 PM, Nacholuskey wrote:
At 5/20/15 05:38 PM, Phobotech wrote: I used to play Bass, but I never formally learned what I was doing. I think I learned three or four easy riffs, and that's it.
Its cool to be self-though but I don't recommend to be in a band, or maybe just a professional one :p

Beside of that its really fun and you should take advantage of your currant passion more. Because moe you play, more you
get better :)

My passion ain't in musicianship, as much as I fantasize about being a rock star. If anything, my blunders in playing Bass has better reassured my talents in other things by contrast. I don't HAVE to be good at everything I do, and the time spent learning to be better at bass, or learn guitar or piano could've been time spent getting EVEN BETTER at things I'm already good at.

So I could be an average bass guitarist and average artist, or I could be a poor bass guitarist and an excellent artist. I'd prefer the latter.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 17:52:43

An air guitar. It kinda works like an electric guitar, except it's made of air, and you have to be seriously high just to hear anything played on it.

If Friendship is truly Magic, then I'm little more than a muggle in this regard...

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 17:53:55

At 5/20/15 05:52 PM, AoiShinigami wrote: An air guitar. It kinda works like an electric guitar, except it's made of air, and you have to be seriously high just to hear anything played on it.

They sell it on Ebay actually ..

I play with my flaccid flute.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 18:16:54

Quite a few actually... *breathes*

Piano (and keyboard and melodica by extension), harp, pipe organ, most drums and untuned percussion, glockenspiel, xylophone, and to a lesser extent, tin whistle, recorder, panpipes, harmonica...

Though of all these, the drum is my instrument of preference.

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 18:22:41

I have a guitar but never learnt to play it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Waaay back when ago, I think in 7th grade, probably 6th grade, my brother had bought his first guitar and started playing it alot with his friends that I liked, so to fit in with his posse, I asked him if he could teach me on how to jam. I was actually a pretty competent guitar player for several months, however, I just couldn't play notes that required more than one finger. So I left.

Another attempt at trying to fit in with my brother's friends would be when I bought some drums and a cymbal. Ooohhh how I miss my drum set. I haven't played it for years, so my mom sold it. I was, again, competent with the drums, but I basically lost all of my motivation once i started getting more and more disconnected with his friends.

I don't think I'm really meant to play instruments, anyways, so it doesn't bother me that I can't jam like a rockstar!

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 19:24:08

At 5/20/15 07:14 PM, Monster-64 wrote: I just couldn't play notes that required more than one finger.

Is it because your hands are the size of the entire guitar neck gigantism-64?

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 19:26:23

Guitar and.... believe it or not, harmonica.

Cruise Control

A serial web fiction updated every Wednesday and Sunday.

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 19:28:38

At 5/20/15 07:24 PM, Chocomilk wrote:
At 5/20/15 07:14 PM, Monster-64 wrote: I just couldn't play notes that required more than one finger.
Is it because your hands are the size of the entire guitar neck gigantism-64?

Maybe. My hands are 8 inches, I believe.

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 19:30:17

At 5/20/15 07:26 PM, zephy669 wrote: Guitar and.... believe it or not, harmonica.

That's pretty unique. What songs do you play on it? Are you pretty good at it, or rusty?

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 19:38:22

I mostly play guitar, I used to be in a band as the bass guitarist. I can play a bit of keyboard and drums as well

420 blaze it

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 19:57:16

I play the trombone and can read and play bass guitar tabs

BBS Signature

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 20:21:55

I play guitar. I used to be in band class and played the clarinet, but I stopped so guitar is the one instrument I play.

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 20:28:26

Banjo, cello, guitar, mandolin, piano, kalimba, and the others that follow in those veins

won't bother listing drums and other various percussion because that skill should be expected of any multi-instrumentalist

Response to Which instrument do you play ? 2015-05-20 20:41:22

The guitar.
I also understand the basics of the piano.