00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KushB just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Obama has his own twitter

423 Views | 3 Replies

Obama has his own twitter 2015-05-18 22:40:51

So that's something.

Response to Obama has his own twitter 2015-05-18 22:59:35

At 5/18/15 10:40 PM, Jetly wrote: So that's something.

I promise I'll never talk about politics again.

Response to Obama has his own twitter 2015-05-18 23:54:45

I actually like things like this. It allows for people to connect with the President (even if only on a superficial level) and hopefully that can breed some cooperation. I mean, if you look at two of the most politically successful Presidents of the past 100 years (not a comment on their policies, just how well they were able to work with and use the office) one thing they have in common is that they tried to connect with the people. FDR and Reagan both made conserted efforts to get their voice, personality, and pesona into the public eye. FDR had his fireside chats every week, and Reagan knew how to work a camera.

Take myself in point. I was never a fan of W Bush's policies. In fact, I disagreed with nearly everything. However, I learned about him as a person and grew to respect the guy, even if I despised his views and politics. While it didn't change my opposition to his positions and politics, it did make it fr easier for me to understand and empathize with the direction they came from.

So, in the end, while this is likely just a goofy PR ploy, we can only hope that better exposure to Barack Obama as a person instead of as a President can begin to bridge the political divide we have become acustomed to as of late.

Response to Obama has his own twitter 2015-05-18 23:58:07

At 5/18/15 11:54 PM, Camarohusky wrote: I actually like things like this. It allows for people to connect with the President (even if only on a superficial level) and hopefully that can breed some cooperation. I mean, if you look at two of the most politically successful Presidents of the past 100 years (not a comment on their policies, just how well they were able to work with and use the office) one thing they have in common is that they tried to connect with the people. FDR and Reagan both made conserted efforts to get their voice, personality, and pesona into the public eye. FDR had his fireside chats every week, and Reagan knew how to work a camera.

Take myself in point. I was never a fan of W Bush's policies. In fact, I disagreed with nearly everything. However, I learned about him as a person and grew to respect the guy, even if I despised his views and politics. While it didn't change my opposition to his positions and politics, it did make it fr easier for me to understand and empathize with the direction they came from.

So, in the end, while this is likely just a goofy PR ploy, we can only hope that better exposure to Barack Obama as a person instead of as a President can begin to bridge the political divide we have become acustomed to as of late.

Very true, and the fact that he's excited to start using it could really mean he wants to just connect with people in a way he wasn't allowed to for 6 years. I'm not really thinking the whole "hearing the voice of the common man" but more of a just humanization of one of the most powerful people on the earth. You hit the nail right on the head for what I was thinking.