00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What's your favorite beer?

1,424 Views | 28 Replies

What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 02:35:56

I've had some that definitely taste better, but my go-to is San Miguel. If you ever go to the Philippines, prepare to get trashed for under $5.

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 02:39:45

Beer tastes like shit.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 02:40:10

Usually my poisons of choice are either Coronas or Cascade, because they're not really heavy beers like most beers i've tried

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 02:40:23

At 5/18/15 02:35 AM, TrevorMcNally wrote: If you ever go to the Philippines, prepare to get trashed for under $5.

This is why that place can't have nice things.

It's really hard to say which one is my favorite, but I can give you a list of some of the beers I really like:

Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel Stout
Anderson Valley Oatmeal Stout
Fat Fire New Belgium Portage Porter
Arrogant Bastard (by Stone Brewing Co.)
Double Bastard (ditto) - This one is definitely "not for the girls."
Stone Russian Imperial Stout
Stone Smoked Porter with Vanilla Bean
Samuel Adams Boston Lager (I know it's mass produced, but sometimes I just feel like having a Sam Adams!)
Sam Adams Cinder Bock (limited edition brew)
Sam Adams Dark Depths (ditto)
Sam Adams Imperial White (ditto)

There was also this Almanac beer I tried once with pumpkin in it. It was pretty damn good. I forget the name of it, though.

I'll add more to this list if I can remember them all.

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 02:45:10

At 5/18/15 02:42 AM, DJ-Ri wrote: It's really hard to say which one is my favorite, but I can give you a list of some of the beers I really like:

Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel Stout
Anderson Valley Oatmeal Stout
Fat Fire New Belgium Portage Porter
Arrogant Bastard (by Stone Brewing Co.)
Double Bastard (ditto) - This one is definitely "not for the girls."
Stone Russian Imperial Stout
Stone Smoked Porter with Vanilla Bean
Samuel Adams Boston Lager (I know it's mass produced, but sometimes I just feel like having a Sam Adams!)
Sam Adams Cinder Bock (limited edition brew)
Sam Adams Dark Depths (ditto)
Sam Adams Imperial White (ditto)

I'll add more to this list if I can remember them all.

I'm a fan of Arrogant Bastard, but hell-no to that oatmeal stout! Dog fish is also pretty good. (it's in that 7-10% alc/vol range)

Seems like you favor strong / darker beers

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 02:45:54

At 5/18/15 02:45 AM, TrevorMcNally wrote: Seems like you favor strong / darker beers

Yeah, I generally try to avoid the girly yellow stuff. LOL. I'm a stout & porter guy, for the most part. I still enjoy the occasional lager though.

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 02:48:53

The Japanese outdid themselves on this stuff. Been my favorite beer for two years now.

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 02:49:25

Yuengling, although I'll put away some Bud Lights if I have to!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 02:52:08

At 5/18/15 02:45 AM, DJ-Ri wrote:
At 5/18/15 02:45 AM, TrevorMcNally wrote: Seems like you favor strong / darker beers
Yeah, I generally try to avoid the girly yellow stuff. LOL. I'm a stout & porter guy, for the most part. I still enjoy the occasional lager though.

Curious: have you tried Laphroaig Whisky?

It's flavor is so smokey it almost tastes "charred", but smooth at the same time

At 5/18/15 02:52 AM, TrevorMcNally wrote: Curious: have you tried Laphroaig Whisky?

It's flavor is so smokey it almost tastes "charred", but smooth at the same time

Sounds pretty nice, but unfortunately I gave up hard liquor many years ago :\ Although I did have a couple shots of tequila at this neighborhood pizza joint the other week. I'm friends with the guys who run the place and they offered it to me for free, and I felt it would be kinda rude to turn it down. Other than that, though, I try to stay away from it.

At 5/18/15 02:49 AM, ZJ wrote: Yuengling, although I'll put away some Bud Lights if I have to!

Spoken like a true east coaster! :p It's too bad Yuengling is so damn hard to find out here on the west coast :(

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 03:20:04

Chimay is proof that not all things from Belgium are terrible.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 03:35:45

I don't really drink beer, but when I do... I usually pick Corona, Heineken or Tuborg. (or homemade, for that matter)

BBS Signature

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 03:52:53

Best beer for me would be Rochefort 10, a very delicious big beer crafted by Belgians. How much better can you get?

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 04:30:51

Any taste similar to FP for my bungholio

BBS Signature

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 13:00:00

Molson, Kokanee or Corona.

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 14:30:42

Coors, I haven't had a beer in a long time. When I was 15 till 17 I would drink this only because its the only beer I could drink at my brothers house, Budweiser was for my Bro, couldn't have his bud. And I haven't drank since then so Coors is my only option.

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 14:33:36

Why would you consume a fluid that resembles excrement that spews forth from the garzumba and also tastes like it, not to mention the wicked intoxicating properties of it

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 15:05:48

At 5/18/15 04:35 AM, Vixuzar wrote: I'm too young for this shit...

my parents let me try alcohol when i was 15-16
only at home of course.

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 15:10:44

My favorite is Lithuanian 'Svyturis'. I also like Heineken, Karpackie and Tyskie

420 blaze it

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 16:01:09

Root.

I'm underage

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 16:09:44

At 5/18/15 02:48 AM, PussyShark wrote: The Japanese outdid themselves on this stuff. Been my favorite beer for two years now.

I have to agree with you, I think Sapporo reserve is their best one at that. Kirin Ichiban is pretty damn good as well.

I also love me some good old Rolling Rock.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 16:25:41

At 5/18/15 03:05 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote:
At 5/18/15 04:35 AM, Vixuzar wrote: I'm too young for this shit...
my parents let me try alcohol when i was 15-16
only at home of course.

Believe it or not, I do believe this is entirely legal in the US. Not just "they'll never find out" but actually legal. But it specifically has to be one of your parents who gives you it and it also has to specifically be in a private residence.

I'm not well-versed in beers but usually I've had Coronas or Yuenglings. Of course there's lots of stuff I've had I couldn't even tell you what because it's mostly "Hey drink this" ... and I'm like "okay". It's not been uncommon for other people to buy me drinks, including bartenders on occasion (free - it's on the house). Of course most of those are various shots of sorts and not beers.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 17:44:38

The beer of the root.

i'm 22 and i do not drink any alcohol at all.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 17:46:55

Deep Ellum brewed Fireman #4

Next choice would be Shiner Bock, because I like amber beer and hey, Texas.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 18:04:57

Simple choice!

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 18:25:11

gumballhead

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

At 5/18/15 03:52 AM, austin11 wrote: Best beer for me would be Rochefort 10, a very delicious big beer crafted by Belgians. How much better can you get?

Pricey though, isn't it? If it's the same stuff I am thinking....I once spent like $20 on a four pack of it. And holy shit it was good but extremely strong

Response to What's your favorite beer? 2015-05-18 20:08:57

At 5/18/15 02:49 AM, ZJ wrote: Yuengling, although I'll put away some Bud Lights if I have to!

Yuengling is my go to if I'm being cheap, but most of the time it's whatever is the darkest and strongest beer on the menu. I have a collection of about 100 different beer bottles that I've tried. I'm never afraid to try a new one.