00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dank souls: A meme game

1,473 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Dank souls: A meme game 2015-05-16 19:14:12

I know it's bad to criticize a game just because of some few idiots on its fandom, but the dark souls fanbase is really annoying.
Any criticism to the game is replied with "Git Gud", and people treats it like it is the only game of it's kind, since the PC version got released, people came up with 360 noscope epic memes.

-Why i can't pause if i have no XBOX live connection at all? This is stupid.
+GIT GUD 420 SKRUB GET DANK PRAISE THE SUN FAGGOT

I also hearing been hearing of the term "Souls-like", I have nothing against a game having its own genre (Metroidvania, Roguelike, etc.)
But sometimes it gets misused.

Game with rolling = Soulslike
Game with stamina bar =Soulslike
Game where you die a lot = Soulslike
Gothic-Styled Game = Soulslike

And here's the worst part:
+All "X" genre games are for noobs!
A hard game of that genre gets released
+THIS GAME IS THE DARK SOULS OF THIS GENRE XD

It's the first time a fanbase made me dislike a game.
Also, have you ever heard of "Darkies"?

Dank souls: A meme game

GAMES ARE BAD, THEY MAKE YOU MAD, GAMES ARE BAD, THEY MAKE YOU MAD, GAMES ARE BAD, THEY MAKE YOU MAD, GAMES ARE BAD, THEY MAKE YOU MAD, GAMES ARE BAD, THEY MAKE YOU MAD.

Response to Dank souls: A meme game 2015-05-16 19:43:42

Yeah, the community is shit for the most part.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Dank souls: A meme game 2015-05-17 01:43:47

I fucking lost it at "Darkies"

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Dank souls: A meme game 2015-05-17 15:54:25

I totally agree. Darkies is cute and funny though, just not in a dark souls conversation. The admin should have said 'brave undeads' or something of that sort.

Response to Dank souls: A meme game 2015-05-17 18:44:05 (edited 2015-05-17 18:45:46)

It was a good game, it had flaws, lots of flaws. Lots and lots and lots of flaws.

Kind of annoying as to what it became, it could have been great and stand up as its own sweet thing. But it got the wrong kind of attention which instead of fermenting it like a fine wine, just boiled it like a jug of water. See I can make metaphors, or similes, whatever same thing in the end of the day.

I actually ended up enjoying most of the first game and deciding fuck it near the end when it tried to pin the blame on bullshit character deaths on me. I just decided if that's how you want to be game then go and fuck yourself, not finishing you. I've watched some gameplay of the 2nd game and it seemed like nothing interesting, just inferior. Seen some of the bloodborne and that does look interesting for sure, still not going to play it though since fuck buying a new console just to have basically the same game again. I can watch Slowbeef's videos if I want to see the game and be done with it that way.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Dank souls: A meme game 2015-05-17 18:51:52

At 5/17/15 03:54 PM, Luette wrote: Darkies is cute and funny

You do know what the term refers to aside from Dark Souls players, right?
It's not exactly "cute", per se...

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Dank souls: A meme game 2015-05-17 22:12:29

At 5/17/15 06:51 PM, toxicdevil93 wrote: You do know what the term refers to aside from Dark Souls players, right?
It's not exactly "cute", per se...

I-it's not?

Response to Dank souls: A meme game 2015-05-18 01:59:09

Well, if anything gets spread out enough, it'll get all thin and shallow-- especially when children hop onto the bandwagon.