00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why I love Newgrounds.

3,062 Views | 60 Replies

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-14 23:15:28

@Chdonga so so very true

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-14 23:15:49

Ohhhh. I get it. I'm slow. @CGA-999

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-14 23:18:17

At 5/14/15 11:15 PM, Jaws457 wrote: Ohhhh. I get it. I'm slow. @CGA-999

Tip, instead of using the @feature, I suggest hitting the reply button. ;)

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-14 23:19:37

At 5/14/15 11:18 PM, CGA-999 wrote:
At 5/14/15 11:15 PM, Jaws457 wrote: Ohhhh. I get it. I'm slow. @CGA-999
Tip, instead of using the @feature, I suggest hitting the reply button. ;)

Ohe. Im still a noob ya know xD ill do both. @CGA-999

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-14 23:42:56

yeah, newgrounds has this way of really 'embedding' itself into your life. it's disgusting.
heartwarming. but disgusting.

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-14 23:47:24

At 5/14/15 11:42 PM, PussyShark wrote: yeah, newgrounds has this way of really 'embedding' itself into your life. it's disgusting.
heartwarming. but disgusting.

Haha true. I get off of it like. Ima do some homework. I get out my notebook. Then get back on Newgrounds. XD

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 00:53:09 (edited 2015-05-15 00:53:28)

At 5/14/15 10:04 PM, Jaws457 wrote: Newgrounds is so amazing, everything about it. I could go on and on for hours about how much I love it and why. So, I limited myself to the three main things. Keep on being awesome guys! Thanks for reading!

LIKE AND SHARE <3
0~~~c===8

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 00:55:11

At 5/15/15 12:53 AM, ThePulp wrote:
At 5/14/15 10:04 PM, Jaws457 wrote: Newgrounds is so amazing, everything about it. I could go on and on for hours about how much I love it and why. So, I limited myself to the three main things. Keep on being awesome guys! Thanks for reading!
LIKE AND SHARE <3
0~~~c===8

Thanks! c:

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 00:58:10 (edited 2015-05-15 00:59:06)

At 5/15/15 12:55 AM, Jaws457 wrote: Thanks! c:

; - )

▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░
▒░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░
░░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░
░░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░
░░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░
░▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀░░░░░
░▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░
░░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░░
░░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░
░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░
░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░

YOU HAVE BEEN SPOOKED BY DA SPOOKY SKELETON
COPY AND PASTE TO 15 PAGES OR ELSE YOU'LL DIE ON THE 15TH OF NOVEMBER, 2010

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 01:09:33

Ermahgerd. Ive been dead for 5 years!

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 01:11:16

At 5/15/15 01:03 AM, UkeFox wrote: I have a love hate relationship with the forums, on one hand there are a lot of aggressively stupid posts, on the other everyone has my dumb sense of humor and not even my real life friends are really like that.
Plus there are just amazing things to see outside of the forums, sometimes the animations and games people come up with blow my mind, and it's not like youtube where you can flick through thousands of videos with zero effort. People pour their time and energy into animations, art, games, and sometimes they're crap but a lot of times they're amazing.
I honestly forgot how much I loved it until I came back recently

So true. Me and you share the same humor haha. And I do a lot more than just the forums personally, mainly because I enjoy the art games and music and also because I make art and music myself as well.

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 01:25:56

At 5/15/15 01:14 AM, SubliminalVirus wrote: "This isn't anything like all of the eleven year old kids yelling "Hahaha I had sex with your mom hahaha!" " what drugs are you on?

xbox live joke

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 01:31:05

\

you think that only exists in xbox live?... please...can i have some of whatever you're taking

XD *gives magical bacon*

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 02:46:02

Shoo, go away.

You herd me, git!

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 03:43:49

I like Newgrounds, but not because of the community (although I have met fairly nice people on here). I'm mostly here just for the content, and even then, a lot of said content is... just not good.

But it's also addictive. I found this site when I was really young, and even though I didn't really care for it at first, I always found myself coming right back. Every few months, I'd come back to check things out. And of course, here I am, still visiting the site, checkin' out all the new games, movies, and the forums.

--- Let's dance! ---

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 11:49:59

But it's also addictive. I found this site when I was really young, and even though I didn't really care for it at first, I always found myself coming right back. Every few months, I'd come back to check things out. And of course, here I am, still visiting the site, checkin' out all the new games, movies, and the forums.

Yeah. I was pretty much the same way

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 12:52:08

At 5/14/15 10:28 PM, DJ-Ri wrote:
At 5/14/15 10:23 PM, Jaws457 wrote: That's awesome! I'll look up assassin, see if I can find it. :3
The Assassin that is on the site now can be found here. However, I really don't like the new Assassin page very much. I really miss the old school one.

The original Assassin section was actually accidentally deleted when we launched the 2007 redesign... The plan had been to only keep folders that were necessary going forward, as part of a big cleanup of years and years of no-longer-used folders with stuff... Just happened Assassin accidentally wasn't on the whitelist and got deleted... When I finally realized it I never bothered trying to rebuild it, I don't even have all of my files for it, or maybe they are on an old MAC backup HD in my attic... I should probably check.

I can't add medals to some of my old games because I can't find the FLA... I lost a lot of stuff in the transition from Mac to PC at some point in college.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 12:54:02

That shit was gay. Not homosexual. Just gay.

BBS Signature

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 12:57:39

Sorry dude, we don't accept "true feelings" here in NG.
Stop saying "XD" you remind me of that girl I use to hang out with, ;(

BBS Signature

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 13:01:00

At 5/15/15 12:57 PM, ArcadeDominator wrote: Sorry dude, we don't accept "true feelings" here in NG.

Nah

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 17:14:23

At 5/15/15 12:57 PM, ArcadeDominator wrote: Sorry dude, we don't accept "true feelings" here in NG.

I wonder if the XD was the reason you've stopped hanging out with her.

*launching the XD fleet...*
~~~XD
~~~~XD
~~~~XD
~~~XD

If Friendship is truly Magic, then I'm little more than a muggle in this regard...

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 22:13:48

At 5/15/15 12:52 PM, TomFulp wrote: The original Assassin section was actually accidentally deleted when we launched the 2007 redesign... The plan had been to only keep folders that were necessary going forward, as part of a big cleanup of years and years of no-longer-used folders with stuff... Just happened Assassin accidentally wasn't on the whitelist and got deleted... When I finally realized it I never bothered trying to rebuild it, I don't even have all of my files for it, or maybe they are on an old MAC backup HD in my attic... I should probably check.

I can't add medals to some of my old games because I can't find the FLA... I lost a lot of stuff in the transition from Mac to PC at some point in college.

That sucks, Tom! :( I know how that can be. I've lost a lot of my own work myself due to similar circumstances in the past.

Assassin was always one of my favorite parts of the site. It was what got me hooked on the site from day one, and was one of the main reasons why I kept coming back all of these years. I would really like to see it return as a main feature of the site, complete with the trench coat wearing bad-ass NG mascot himself :p

Hopefully you manage to recover those files and bring it back some day. I know you're probably up to your neck in projects now, but if you ever do find the time to do this, it would be much appreciated! I'm sure a lot of other old-school NG users would be happy to see it make a big comeback, too.

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 22:21:57

At 5/14/15 10:04 PM, Jaws457 wrote: When I was around 10 years old (5 years ago) I would often stay at my grandmother's house and play online games on her old Windows 95 computer, seems impossible I know. I was searching the internet for a game my friend had showed me, The Torture Chamber 2 and that's where I found this website. I immediately fell in love with the site and stayed on it for hours at a time just looking through the vast amount of games, movies, audio, and art. So, Now to the point.

The first reason why I love Newgrounds is you guys. Yes, the community. This isn't anything like all of the eleven year old kids yelling "Hahaha I had sex with your mom hahaha!" The community here are some of the nicest people I've ever seen. Seriously, I love you guys you're like a second family.

The second reason why I love this site is just the vast amount of content here, it's almost like its infinite. It's also why I probably spend way too much time here. I enjoy seeing all the awesome art, movies, audio, and games. I also like how most of the games are exclusive to Newgrounds and made by only one or two people.

The third reason I love this site is what i'm writing in right now, the forums! I really love to hear from the community, the serious, the funny, and the just plain out stupid threads. You guys are amazing. (Which i'm sure you're tired of hearing it.) You guys are amazing.

Newgrounds is so amazing, everything about it. I could go on and on for hours about how much I love it and why. So, I limited myself to the three main things. Keep on being awesome guys! Thanks for reading!

Oh my god bro. You and me, met newgrounds by the same way. Got bored in my grandma's house, then turned on the computer and google'd "Games page". Found Kongregate and after playing some games found one made by Newgrounds. I clicked the logo and started playing. After that I started to use newgrounds a lot, I remember when my cousin came from Italy and we finished Pico's School. Then I made a forum account this year because those days I was not interested in forums. But now I like them a lot. I and a forum browser I think XD. I use more forums, not only newgrounds.

Going back to games, I always play terror games and one day I want to make and publish here in Newgrounds a game made by myself. I think the most famous members of newgrounds are those who create the games, I feel lucky. Today my school director told me that I fit in programming.

Have a nice day/night.
-Migeru, the mad bro.

BBS Signature

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 22:43:05

At 5/14/15 10:59 PM, DJ-Ri wrote: "village idiots"

Yes? Did someone call?

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 23:24:37

At 5/15/15 10:44 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote: another good reason is there are some games with user creations and those are fun

True.

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 23:24:53

At 5/15/15 10:43 PM, CiviLies wrote:
At 5/14/15 10:59 PM, DJ-Ri wrote: "village idiots"
Yes? Did someone call?

No! Go back to being an idiot!

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 23:27:30

The original Assassin section was actually accidentally deleted when we launched the 2007 redesign... The plan had been to only keep folders that were necessary going forward, as part of a big cleanup of years and years of no-longer-used folders with stuff... Just happened Assassin accidentally wasn't on the whitelist and got deleted... When I finally realized it I never bothered trying to rebuild it, I don't even have all of my files for it, or maybe they are on an old MAC backup HD in my attic... I should probably check.

Holy shit... Tom Fulp was on mah forum... I feel special 0.0 But... Can I ask you something? How does art get into the Art Portal?@Tomfulp

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 23:29:55

At 5/15/15 11:27 PM, Jaws457 wrote: Holy shit... Tom Fulp was on mah forum... I feel special 0.0 But... Can I ask you something? How does art get into the Art Portal?@Tomfulp

I'm pretty sure you have to be scouted by someone with privileges to scout you.

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 23:30:38

At 5/15/15 11:29 PM, DJ-Ri wrote:
At 5/15/15 11:27 PM, Jaws457 wrote: Holy shit... Tom Fulp was on mah forum... I feel special 0.0 But... Can I ask you something? How does art get into the Art Portal?@Tomfulp

Sorry... Nooby here... What does that mean?

Response to Why I love Newgrounds. 2015-05-15 23:34:51

At 5/15/15 11:30 PM, Jaws457 wrote:
At 5/15/15 11:29 PM, DJ-Ri wrote:
Sorry... Nooby here... What does that mean?

Someone who is already in the art portal has to go onto your profile THEMSELVES and check out your art.
If they deem it good enough to be in the portal they'll scout you and all of your art will be in the portal.
This isn't like deviantart where just anyone can submit utter garbage and it's all well and good.
Same thing for the audio portal. Though when they introduced the scouting in that (a few years ago I think) anyone who was already in the portal was immediately given the ability to scout anyone they want into the portal.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature