00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

This got one star.

602 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I uploaded this a while ago and it got one star. Can someone please point out to me what I did wrong. I know it might not be perfect but I still think one star is a little rough.

This got one star.

Response to This got one star. 2015-05-12 16:13:26

At 5/12/15 03:29 PM, min3ralWater wrote: I uploaded this a while ago and it got one star. Can someone please point out to me what I did wrong. I know it might not be perfect but I still think one star is a little rough.

I hope you do realize that there will always be 0 or 1 voters who just do it on purpose.This is why a single review on your work is a lot more valuable than the score on the drawing.If you want to fish out high scores on the instant you will have to:
1.Draw something really impressive and spectacular

2.Draw fanart of something

3.Draw tits and asses

The drawing itself is ok.The head kinda seems small and there isn't enough contrast(make the shading a little darker and it will look good)

TL:DR Make her naked for High scores

Response to This got one star. 2015-05-12 16:30:00

At 5/12/15 04:13 PM, ThePsychoSheep wrote:
At 5/12/15 03:29 PM, min3ralWater wrote: I uploaded this a while ago and it got one star. Can someone please point out to me what I did wrong. I know it might not be perfect but I still think one star is a little rough.
I hope you do realize that there will always be 0 or 1 voters who just do it on purpose.This is why a single review on your work is a lot more valuable than the score on the drawing.If you want to fish out high scores on the instant you will have to:
1.Draw something really impressive and spectacular

2.Draw fanart of something

3.Draw tits and asses

The drawing itself is ok.The head kinda seems small and there isn't enough contrast(make the shading a little darker and it will look good)

TL:DR Make her naked for High scores

Thanks for the tips! I'll remamber this next time. It is kind of sad that the TL;DR is 100% true :/ Anyways, thanks, and I'll just get back to improving my stuff now. Big fan of yours btw.

Response to This got one star. 2015-05-12 17:46:04

You know its kind of funny that this is coming from me because I am not exactly known for my feminine figures but the problem is you are over-defining your figure with pretty much masculine characteristics and it makes her looks not very cute, look how i toned her down and rounded out her face a bit, makes a world of difference. When defining a lady dont always use lines, use color to make her softer looking. Dont over define the neck and collarbones, even in dudes its kind of gross looking. I hope my edit shows what i mean.

This got one star.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to This got one star. 2015-05-12 18:10:56 (edited 2015-05-12 18:14:17)

She has got a flat looking face. It's like someone has drawn a face onto a balloon.
Anatomy-wise it's nice around the stomach, but the shoulders are seemingly non-existent.
The empty spaces in the background doesn't do your image favours, either.

While what psychosheep said is true, I can see why this is getting low reviews. The art portal gets a lot of female poses, so if you want a high score it helps if you can do it well. Otherwise a lot of people will be overly critical, including the plebs who are only there for tits and ass.

(Edit: but don't draw for scores as they're mostly meaningless. Make sure you're happy and learning!)

BBS Signature

Response to This got one star. 2015-05-12 18:45:32

Among the other things previously mentioned with regards to the face and the linework, shading and background a big issue I have is that you've essentially posted this twice, the drawing before this in your gallery is "searching for the perfect wave" and there she has an actual background and a purpose so it makes more sense. In this drawing though nothing is going on, she's just standing there in an uninteresting pose cut off by the border, standing in a pale yellow void, where's the fun in that. I wouldn't rank this any higher than a two because it feels, and is confirmed by the other drawing, to be unfinished

Response to This got one star. 2015-05-12 21:38:03

Your drawing looks like a dude.

Response to This got one star. 2015-05-12 22:25:19

Lucky you, ever since Newgrounds implemented that dumb new voting system I haven't been able to get my scores any lower.

Response to This got one star. 2015-05-12 23:30:40

At 5/12/15 05:46 PM, Template88 wrote: You know its kind of funny that this is coming from me because I am not exactly known for my feminine figures but the problem is you are over-defining your figure with pretty much masculine characteristics and it makes her looks not very cute, look how i toned her down and rounded out her face a bit, makes a world of difference. When defining a lady dont always use lines, use color to make her softer looking. Dont over define the neck and collarbones, even in dudes its kind of gross looking. I hope my edit shows what i mean.

This does look much better. No matter what I do I always seem to get the face messed up. I guess it's something you just learn over time...
But thanks! This will help me a lot.

Response to This got one star. 2015-05-12 23:36:26

At 5/12/15 06:10 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote

She has got a flat looking face. It's like someone has drawn a face onto a balloon.
Anatomy-wise it's nice around the stomach, but the shoulders are seemingly non-existent.
The empty spaces in the background doesn't do your image favours, either.

While what psychosheep said is true, I can see why this is getting low reviews. The art portal gets a lot of female poses, so if you want a high score it helps if you can do it well. Otherwise a lot of people will be overly critical, including the plebs who are only there for tits and ass.

(Edit: but don't draw for scores as they're mostly meaningless. Make sure you're happy and learning!)

Thanks for the reply. I need to improve my faces, I know. It's nice to hear that at least I got the anatomy right (almost). Thanks, this will help me a lot!

Response to This got one star. 2015-05-12 23:42:12

At 5/12/15 06:45 PM, JackDCurleo wrote: Among the other things previously mentioned with regards to the face and the linework, shading and background a big issue I have is that you've essentially posted this twice, the drawing before this in your gallery is "searching for the perfect wave" and there she has an actual background and a purpose so it makes more sense. In this drawing though nothing is going on, she's just standing there in an uninteresting pose cut off by the border, standing in a pale yellow void, where's the fun in that. I wouldn't rank this any higher than a two because it feels, and is confirmed by the other drawing, to be unfinished

Yup. It was kind of a selfish move. I thought I got low scores because of the background so i posted this to get feedback on the girl only. To make it more fair I removed the original from the portal.

Response to This got one star. 2015-05-13 06:48:41

At 5/13/15 03:45 AM, ProdanDimitrow wrote: Going for the stars/upvotes/commens is the worst favor you can for yourself in any online community. I dont mean (in any way) to undermine this community when i say that, but it gives you a wrong reason/motivation to do something you enjoy doing.

Im not even scouted my stuff arent being voted and its all fine, simply because its not my top priority.

Now there is something i agree with and its that low votes especially should always have a comment on why the vote went that way.That way it gives you some specific feedback to improve on but thats a whole other topic.

Just my 2 cents.

I completely agree with you on this. It's extremely infuriating when you get a low score and no review explaining to you why. That's why I turned to this forum for feedback. I think there should be a rule that if you rate something two stars or lower you have to give the artist some sort of reason as to why. Thanks for replying :)