00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BoneMarr0w just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The "Glow" Affect...

432 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The "Glow" Affect... 2015-05-06 18:03:42

Hello everyone! I am a beginner at the art of animation. And I've seen a few really nice looking styles that I'd know how to replicate for my own personal projects.

When I say the glow affect, I mean the affect placed on top of the animation, that seems to give it this nice pampered radiance to it. If you don't know what I mean, here's an example of a short film that uses the same concept:

Right Here

And also, I've seen it used in ADHD's shorts from time to time...

Right Here

Can any one tell me how this affect is done? I can't seem to find out no matter who I ask.

Response to The "Glow" Affect... 2015-05-06 21:21:25

You could try a subtle Color Channel based Glow in After Effects to make something more 'vibrant'.

BBS Signature

Response to The "Glow" Affect... 2015-05-08 03:43:10

Hi Dude,

There are cheaper alternative if your tight for cash. Just use the same colour with differents shades from dark to light and turn that into a shadow, creating a glow ^^.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

At 5/6/15 06:03 PM, Kalixo wrote: Hello everyone! I am a beginner at the art of animation. And I've seen a few really nice looking styles that I'd know how to replicate for my own personal projects.

When I say the glow affect, I mean the affect placed on top of the animation, that seems to give it this nice pampered radiance to it. If you don't know what I mean, here's an example of a short film that uses the same concept:

Right Here

And also, I've seen it used in ADHD's shorts from time to time...

Right Here

Can any one tell me how this affect is done? I can't seem to find out no matter who I ask.

BBS Signature

Response to The "Glow" Affect... 2015-05-08 06:55:48

It's not a filter on the original image. (as people have suggest glow)

It's a duplicated layer, hard light blurred layer which sits on top of the original image. The same can be done in both flash and AE. So it's up to you what you want to use. Here's a quick example.

The

BBS Signature