00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JSkell95 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print

16,519 Views | 36 Replies
Respond to this Topic

April 25th was Pico Day, a celebration of Newgrounds the characters that spawn from it. We had our biggest office party EVER, probably the coolest gathering of people from any website EVER in history. It was a real moment to reflect on all NG has been through these past 20 years and to get excited for the future ahead.

Right now though we gotta announce the winners!

Top Five Movies ($500, $300, $200, $150, $100)

Apologies in advance if you disliked The color brown.

Top Three Games ($500, $300, $200)

Top Three Art ($200, $150, $100)

StudioPEP made something cool enough to become the intro graphic. M-Abrantes made something cool enough to become the site skin. ButzboPrud made something that was just downright cool and fun to stare at for a long time. The emotional response ultimately gave it the edge.

Top Three Music ($200, $150, $100)

Special thanks to @BrokenDeck for helping select the music winners!

Best Collab

BIG THANKS to @Sabtastic for organizing the Picollage in celebration of 20 years of NG!

You can buy the Picollage this month as a limited time print!

Proceeds will go towards a future art contest.

The celebration continues; don't miss participating in this 20th Anniversary Tribute being organized by @RealFaction!

Thank you everyone who participated in Pico Day, everyone who continues to participate in the 20th Anniversary celebrations and EVERYONE who makes a point to visit and participate on Newgrounds, period! The web has changed a lot in 20 years and it is greatly appreciated that you guys continue to visit NG. If you are reading this right now, know that YOU are what keeps NG going! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 16:05:36

The Picollage was pretty sweet.

Congrats to the winners!

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 16:20:05

You made the right call giving The color brown the top prize, Tom. I still remember laughing my ass off with you when looking at it on the big screen in the NG HQ's basement.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 16:37:36

FUCK YEAH, THE BEST MOVIE WON.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 16:44:00

Awesome! It was a great Pico day indeed.

Congrats to everyone! Especially @Deshiel and @dem0lecule !!!
I knew you had it in you ;) Weird that both of your tracks got such low ratings though :/

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 16:57:17

At 5/4/15 04:44 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: Awesome! It was a great Pico day indeed.

Congrats to everyone! Especially @Deshiel and @dem0lecule !!!
I knew you had it in you ;) Weird that both of your tracks got such low ratings though :/

Thanks man for your support ;)

I knew that @Dem0lecule had it in him but as for myself I didn't even consider myself to be able to get to the third place. xD
Ratings go down like crazy in contests like this especialy when you are frontpaged & popular'd like we were.

Big thanks to everyone for your support and for taking your precious time to listen to my track.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 17:01:00

I knew that @Dem0lecule had it in him but as for myself I didn't even consider myself to be able to get to the third place. xD
Ratings go down like crazy in contests like this especialy when you are frontpaged & popular'd like we were.

Big thanks to everyone for your support and for taking your precious time to listen to my track.

Yeah, seems like it :D
But I'm pretty sure you got the first place though XD

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 17:05:29

At 5/4/15 05:01 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote:

Yeah, seems like it :D
But I'm pretty sure you got the first place though XD

Wish I could say that I am now laughing like a criminal mastermind... But I am giggling like a horny retard. xD

Too bad you didn't join... You would rekt me! :)

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 17:11:47

Oh wow, 3rd place :O

I've been amazed by the overwhelmingly positive reception FrogMan and Pico has gotten so far. Thanks for making all the time and effort worth it!

Congrats to the other winners too. There was a lot of really well animated submissions this year.

Oh, also I'm in PA now, Tom ;3 Got here yesterday at around noon.

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 17:13:18

At 5/4/15 05:05 PM, Deshiel wrote:
Wish I could say that I am now laughing like a criminal mastermind... But I am giggling like a horny retard. xD

Hahha, thanks a lot dude XD
I really doubt I could've, but I'll get my chance to try next year ;)

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 17:16:28

At 5/4/15 05:13 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote:
At 5/4/15 05:05 PM, Deshiel wrote:

Hahha, thanks a lot dude XD
I really doubt I could've, but I'll get my chance to try next year ;)

Or we could fight to the death in some of this year's upcoming contests (Which I am not going to win) xD

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 17:25:25

Congrats to all the winners!

Too bad Ambient music doesn't seem to be particularly appreciated here, lol.

Oh well, it was pretty fun to participate also thanks to all the feedback that has been given. Let's do our best in the on-going contest now. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 17:27:03

Behold, your winnahs!

Seriously though, great work by everyone! Some great entries this year (that Picollage is so good, it hurts).

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 18:02:18

At 5/4/15 05:25 PM, ForgottenDawn wrote: Congrats to all the winners!

Oh well, it was pretty fun to participate also thanks to all the feedback that has been given. Let's do our best in the on-going contest now. ;)

I actualy downloaded your track. The winner downloaded your track. Shouldn't you feel like a wienner yourself by now? WINNER SURGE! :D

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 18:06:01

At 5/4/15 06:02 PM, Deshiel wrote:

I actually downloaded your track. The winner downloaded your track. Shouldn't you feel like a winner yourself by now? WINNER SURGE! :D

Nah, don't get me wrong, I just keep doing whatever I feel like doing no matter what happens, haha.

This is actually giving me some pretty neat ideas, it's going to be fun guys. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 18:08:03

Holy moly! What an announcement to come home to! This is so surreal. I'm still in shock. This Pico Day had a ton of great submissions, and the party was a blast! Thank you Tom and Newgrounds and everyone that played the game! I gotta catch my breath.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 19:03:13

So I was gonna ask how winners get their prize, but I noticed my unpaid earnings is at $224.74, so I guess it was just added there? That's pretty cool ;3

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 19:08:21

What a terrible tragedy I'm so sorry to everyone involved.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 19:10:09

Congrats to the winners! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 19:21:57

The Picollage should go in the NG Store. Open it one more time for this.

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 20:24:17

The Picollage should go in the NG Store. Open it one more time for this.

Aww, I love ambient music! But they don't always do great as standalones. I love your track, but if it was part of an animation or a game, it'd surely catch the eye (or ear) of the public too :p
It's a shame, but that's the world we live in XD
And all the winners totally deserved it too. Good luck in the next compeition you participate in ;)

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 21:12:44

Congratulations to the winners! My personal favorites were Darnell for President and FrogMan and Pico

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 21:51:46

Woaahh, thanks a lot for 1st place; wasn't expecting such an amazing response!
Also, "Pico's School Reunion" was awesome; and I must admit I've watched and shared "The Color Brown" more than a few times, heheh!
I keep reading posts about the amazing event and I REALLY hope(have) to go next year/time!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 22:29:35

At 5/4/15 05:39 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Congrats Deshiel! Your track is amazing. Thank you LSD for your support too! Thank you everyone else for your supports! @SineRider congrats to you too!

Haters gonna hate! Don't let them ruin the joys!

Wow awesome! Great work all around too @dem0lecule your track was fantastic

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 23:03:14

@butzboprud definitely deserved that win. Grats to err'body!

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 23:40:31

Congrats to the winners, and don't forget about the 20th Anniversary game collab! (Art and movie collab too.)

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-04 23:43:38

At 5/4/15 03:50 PM, TomFulp wrote: Right now though we gotta announce the winners!

I think we all know who the real winner is..... The guy getting signed ninja stars, aww yeah B)

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-05 02:03:56

Congratulations to all the winners of the Pico Day!!! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Picollage Print 2015-05-05 04:25:24

Congrats to the winners!

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature