00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DoctorSpectre just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why you should never vote

6,522 Views | 77 Replies

Why you should never vote 2015-05-04 11:16:49

I've been doing a lot of research on the facade of voting, many refer to it as the illusion of choice. People expect a change to come from voting but it never does, it only brings new problems and never addresses the old ones. Each party is the same only with a different mask, they all have sinister motives and crooked agendas but people still allow themselves to be fooled by the big government machine. If you vote you support the process of wars and poverty, perhaps you should leave your vote out this time around, not like it matters much anyway.

I wish you took the same approach to posting on the BBS as you do toward voting.

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-04 12:43:11

At 5/4/15 11:16 AM, Lamat771 wrote: I've been doing a lot of research on the facade of voting,

What research have you done? Do you have links to back up your opinion?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-04 14:21:12

Hey, just because you keep losing doesn't mean you should stop trying.

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-04 14:40:39

That self-defeatist attitude against voting officially sinks your argument, because if you don't care about voting for whatever your reasoning is, then you really shouldn't complain about voting in the first place, much less about the actual issues themselves.

Plus, the whole hullabaloo about "both parties being the same except for name" is rather superficial at best and reeks in potential conspiracy fallacy, which is easy to dissect and dismiss as invalid. By no means that doesn't mean that they aren't corrupt, primarily have their self interest in mind, and even they can be bullies at times, but the alternatives are either a pipe dream, or are far worse than what we have now.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-04 16:04:47

At 5/4/15 02:40 PM, orangebomb wrote: That self-defeatist attitude against voting officially sinks your argument, because if you don't care about voting for whatever your reasoning is, then you really shouldn't complain about voting in the first place, much less about the actual issues themselves.

Plus, the whole hullabaloo about "both parties being the same except for name" is rather superficial at best and reeks in potential conspiracy fallacy, which is easy to dissect and dismiss as invalid. By no means that doesn't mean that they aren't corrupt, primarily have their self interest in mind, and even they can be bullies at times, but the alternatives are either a pipe dream, or are far worse than what we have now.

You can't dismiss the poverty, lack of good leadership and terrible political choices our leaders make. That is fact! Dragging ourselves into money driven wars and treating the less fortunate as second class citizens is indeed a huge problem. My previous statement still stands.

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-04 16:08:49

At 5/4/15 02:21 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Hey, just because you keep losing doesn't mean you should stop trying.

Never tried.

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-04 16:11:32

At 5/4/15 04:04 PM, Lamat771 wrote: You can't dismiss the poverty, lack of good leadership and terrible political choices our leaders make. That is fact! Dragging ourselves into money driven wars and treating the less fortunate as second class citizens is indeed a huge problem. My previous statement still stands.

No it doesn't. You're just mad that there are enough people who either support those issues, or don't think them important enough to change. Perhaps only a small group fits this and the rest are like you, pissing away everyone else's future because you don't think your vote matters. The solution to problems you see is more voting, not less.

At 5/4/15 04:04 PM, Lamat771 wrote: You can't dismiss the poverty, lack of good leadership and terrible political choices our leaders make. That is fact!

Never said it wasn't, but not voting exacerbates the problem. When you don't vote, you're giving the politicians a free pass to let them do what they want, when you vote, you are either confirming or putting pressure on politicians, for whatever that's worth.

Dragging ourselves into money driven wars and treating the less fortunate as second class citizens is indeed a huge problem. My previous statement still stands.

So what's your solution then? You addressed the problem, but offered no solution other than not voting, which doesn't work.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-04 16:21:04

At 5/4/15 04:17 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 5/4/15 04:04 PM, Lamat771 wrote: You can't dismiss the poverty, lack of good leadership and terrible political choices our leaders make. That is fact!
Never said it wasn't, but not voting exacerbates the problem. When you don't vote, you're giving the politicians a free pass to let them do what they want, when you vote, you are either confirming or putting pressure on politicians, for whatever that's worth.

Dragging ourselves into money driven wars and treating the less fortunate as second class citizens is indeed a huge problem. My previous statement still stands.
So what's your solution then? You addressed the problem, but offered no solution other than not voting, which doesn't work.

Just stop voting and paying attention to the orchestration, I thought that was obvious. Maybe i'm the only one on here with a decent IQ or perhaps I read up on topics. Do the research before you make yourself look silly.

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-04 16:23:07

It is less voting, not more. In reality it is no voting altogether. Stop being blind and foolish, do the research.

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-04 16:24:10

At 5/4/15 04:21 PM, Lamat771 wrote: Just stop voting and paying attention to the orchestration, I thought that was obvious. Maybe i'm the only one on here with a decent IQ or perhaps I read up on topics. Do the research before you make yourself look silly.

Yes, the problem here is that you are just too smart for us, and nothing to do with the fact that you're wrong.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-04 19:01:42

At 5/4/15 04:21 PM, Lamat771 wrote: Just stop voting and paying attention to the orchestration, I thought that was obvious.

We refuted your argument and it gives me great pleasure to say that your deduction is faulty. You present no explanation nor endgoal for your belief other than politicans are corrupt, same party in different names, and so on.

Maybe i'm the only one on here with a decent IQ or perhaps I read up on topics. Do the research before you make yourself look silly.

I'm sorry, you've only been here for one day. The gall to tell us that you are the only one who does research in politics on a political forum is egregious in so many ways, it's offensive. Know your place and think before you post.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-04 22:13:19

I'm sorry, you've only been here for one day. The gall to tell us that you are the only one who does research in politics on a political forum is egregious in so many ways, it's offensive. Know your place and think before you post.

You don't intimidate me, I know my place. My statement still stands.

At 5/4/15 02:40 PM, orangebomb wrote: That self-defeatist attitude against voting officially sinks your argument, because if you don't care about voting for whatever your reasoning is, then you really shouldn't complain about voting in the first place, much less about the actual issues themselves.

True that, I wish we had a like button lol. Do not not vote. Voting is the one basic elemental right, as an American, we sadly take it for granted. Some countries like China's citizens are fighting for or wish they had that choice to at least choose who ganna screw us over lol just joking. No, but on the serious side it would be very messed up to have such a negative mindset on voting.

John 3:16

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-05 00:01:49

At 5/4/15 04:23 PM, Lamat771 wrote: It is less voting, not more. In reality it is no voting altogether. Stop being blind and foolish, do the research.

Are you planning to add anything? Show any of that research? Help enlighten the rest of us....or is this just a straight up troll the poli boards situation?

Because if it's the former, you can find people willing to listen to you. If it's the latter....just stop now, the bar for doing it well is a bit higher then you seem able to hit.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-05 11:24:19

Habitual voting is akin to doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-05 11:41:31

At 5/5/15 11:24 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: Habitual voting is akin to doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Actually, not voting is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-05 11:45:27

At 5/5/15 11:41 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 5/5/15 11:24 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: Habitual voting is akin to doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Actually, not voting is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Dammed if you do dammed if you don't. I would ask you has America massively changed for the better over the years because of politics ?

BBS Signature

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-05 19:18:56

At 5/5/15 11:45 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: Dammed if you do dammed if you don't. I would ask you has America massively changed for the better over the years because of politics ?

If by "over the years" you mean for the entire history of the country....then yes, obviously.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-05 23:37:42

At 5/5/15 07:47 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Voting for me, Election Day, seems like just a formality for a peaceful exchange of power, something the U.S. has been the envy of the world for.

Envy of the world? Maybe a model to emulate but alot of countries have peaceful exchanges of power, like Nigeria.

I say it's just a facade because the events that matter are happening right now. 1. Picking the right guy or gal 2. Making sure he/she brings home the bacon.

That's why I agree with OP. You and I don't really have a say in who represents us. Now, with local power and local elections, you can have much more of a splash, which is why I urge anybody within earshot to partake in local governance as much and as annoyingly as possible, as the founders intended for problems to be solved. As locally as possible.

Now, my other reason for not voting is what can make be eligible for Fundies Say The Darndest Things! .com. I simply don't think we will ever have a growth in GDP ever again.

We are seeing a growth in GDP, we have been for several years now. If it were negative we'd still be in recession.

Or a reduction in our debt.

In terms of debt perhaps, because there's little benefit to paying it off, no one's going to let the world's largest economy tank because it'll plung the whole world into another Great Depression.

Or a slow down or, even better, a reversal in our culture's slide toward oblivion.

Oh no a couple of famous girls are twerking oh who thinks of the children anymore.

I think these are the closing days as prophesized

It's been the last days since year ~100 AD I'm waiting for this world the end! It's thousands of years behind schedule!

Things are going to get a hell of a lot worse in ways we didn't imagine, and in amounts we didn't think were possible. I'm not saying things will never get better, because they will. It is simply going to get worse before it gets better.

Focus on your families, your neighbors, your community. Focus on what you can directly influence, because there is literally nothing that can halt what is happening everywhere else on Earth.

C'mon, the USSR is gone give us some credit. Our worst threat has at worst just destroyed a skyscraper which we promptly rebuilt while killing many more of them. They can't possibly hope to take over US territory.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-08 04:58:26

At 5/8/15 04:37 AM, MMHM wrote: the Scots have thrown us under the bus.

I canny figure out why they would ever want to do that...

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-08 08:36:06

At 5/8/15 04:37 AM, MMHM wrote: Interesting position to take. When you look at the current UK election, people like yourself have essentially doomed us to another Tory government, and the Scots have thrown us under the bus.

So thanks dipshit.

Don't thank me, thank the system that gives you the illusion of 'choice' genius.

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-08 14:27:48

At 5/8/15 02:18 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: If it's any consolation, nobody is pleased on Election Day night

All things exist within a spectrum.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-08 14:54:48

At 5/8/15 02:27 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 5/8/15 02:18 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: If it's any consolation, nobody is pleased on Election Day night
All things exist within a spectrum.

And, I bet all who are happy on election night could fit in the Spectrum.

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-08 15:00:04

At 5/8/15 02:54 PM, Camarohusky wrote: And, I bet all who are happy on election night could fit in the Spectrum.

As naive as they may have been, a lot of people were happy when Obama was elected (and reelected).

BBS Signature

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-08 20:00:18

Voting is good and you should all do it.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-08 21:59:39

At 5/8/15 09:48 PM, MrPercie wrote: Everyone should vote, and if who you vote for doesn't succeed.

Decapitate everyone in parliament.

France had the right idea.

BBS Signature

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-09 14:40:32

At 5/8/15 12:11 PM, MMHM wrote:
At 5/8/15 08:36 AM, Lamat771 wrote: Don't thank me, thank the system that gives you the illusion of 'choice' genius.
Stop talking such absolute wank. Quote mining your George Carlin DVD collection is not research. Fact is, had people like you voted (admittedly for shit choices) we could have had a less shit choice. But no, you had to listen to some scruffy, long haired, lanky bellend. Who flipped his position on voting a day before the election.

At 5/8/15 10:33 AM, zornuzkull wrote: Even with the Scotts outta the equation labour still wouldn't have won...
Ed was a wet lettuce anybody could see that...
Yeah. Months and months of opinion polls letting Labour know that almost no one wanted him as PM, and rightly so. Would have been like having Mr. Bean as the prime minister.

I flipped my vote before the election? Grow a brain moron. I have never and will never vote because i'm not a sheep like you. I support NO party and NO candidate at ALL. How could I possible make it simply for you? You are a slave to your own ignorant perceptions of reality, a true thinking man questions everything unlike you who just sits down and takes it. Wake up.

Response to Why you should never vote 2015-05-09 14:41:56

At 5/8/15 08:00 PM, Feoric wrote: Voting is good and you should all do it.

Keep thinking that, it's how the system operates but it doesn't have to be that way.