00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Animation starting automatically

375 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Animation starting automatically 2015-04-23 18:27:25

Hey I uploaded a flash here which basically starts with a screen with a start button and then has several buttons linking to other frames. I programmed it in AS3 and every frame has a stop in it's script. However after loading (I didn't use a preloader), it automatically went through all the frames and then back to the first one and stopped. Anyone can explain why? I'm fairly new to this, was just a uni project :P

At 4/23/15 06:27 PM, AndreLedger wrote: Hey I uploaded a flash here which basically starts with a screen with a start button and then has several buttons linking to other frames. I programmed it in AS3 and every frame has a stop in it's script. However after loading (I didn't use a preloader), it automatically went through all the frames and then back to the first one and stopped. Anyone can explain why? I'm fairly new to this, was just a uni project :P

You should definitely have a preloader, as it makes sure that all of the animation's data is loaded properly before it starts. If you aren't using a preloader from "Newgrounds" because you don't like how they look, you can alter the "Newgrounds" preloaders to however you'd like. Now if the buttons are inside of a movie clip, double-click to go into the movie clip, and add the stop(); command to the last frame in its timeline as well. :3.

If you'd like me to help further than simply providing instructions, you can upload the animation to the dumping grounds and send me a message with a link to it so I can download it and see what the problem is. :3.