00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm failing math...

2,860 Views | 39 Replies

I failed a semester in math, now I'm about to fail whole year in math.... I don't know what's about to happen to me. Are they going to make me repeat 9th grade?

My math teacher hates me.

I don't know what to do... I can't get a tutor and even when I study really hard I still get bad scores on my tests and quizzes every time we take one. The highest I ever got on a math test this year was 54 percent.

Is anyone here good at math and is willing to help me?

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 04:33:03

At 4/21/15 04:28 AM, Vixuzar wrote:

I'm crying right now... I'm very sad.

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 04:48:40

At 4/21/15 04:10 AM, ZE13 wrote: I failed a semester in math, now I'm about to fail whole year in math.... I don't know what's about to happen to me. Are they going to make me repeat 9th grade?

Perhaps.

Your teacher probably doesn't care.

Is anyone here good at math

Yes.

and is willing to help me?

No.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 05:21:26

Don't listen to the people who tell you to give up. You can do it! Here: https://www.google.ca/webhp?hl=en&gws_rd=ssl&ei=QhQ2VeXEE9C1ogSFqYCwCg#hl=en-CA&q=find+math+tutors+online

I'd offer help, but I'm terrible at math, myself.

Every thread I touch, dies.

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 05:38:37

i wasn't good at math either. nearly failed all my maths in highschool and it felt like a miracle when I passed.
don't you have an older brother or sister who can help you?

BBS Signature

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 06:03:27 (edited 2015-04-21 06:04:05)

Obviously, I am not good at math either, so I cannot help you.
BTW, you are still blocked.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 06:27:46 (edited 2015-04-21 06:28:26)

At 4/21/15 04:10 AM, ZE13 wrote: I failed a semester in math, now I'm about to fail whole year in math.... I don't know what's about to happen to me. Are they going to make me repeat 9th grade?

Math is the most useless subject that schools teach, anyone who says otherwise is fucking lying. Fuck math, it's shit, it makes no sense, it's stupid, just fuck it.
I don't know how schools are at where you are but i'm pretty sure that a school doesn't flunk a student because of one bad grade.

To hell with him/her, they're just fucking angry that they're stuck teaching a shitty subject for the rest of their lives.

I don't know what to do... I can't get a tutor and even when I study really hard I still get bad scores on my tests and quizzes every time we take one. The highest I ever got on a math test this year was 54 percent.

Pfft, if you managed to get a 54% then you're not bad at it, you wanna know what grades i had in math? 0-20% and i was never worried about it.

Screw math, try to get good grades on your other subjects instead.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 06:35:59

Hey

Me too.

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 06:44:25 (edited 2015-04-21 06:45:50)

At 4/21/15 06:27 AM, Radaketor wrote:
Math is the most useless subject that schools teach, anyone who says otherwise is fucking lying. Fuck math, it's shit, it makes no sense, it's stupid, just fuck it.
I don't know how schools are at where you are but i'm pretty sure that a school doesn't flunk a student because of one bad grade.

To hell with him/her, they're just fucking angry that they're stuck teaching a shitty subject for the rest of their lives.

Pfft, if you managed to get a 54% then you're not bad at it, you wanna know what grades i had in math? 0-20% and i was never worried about it.

Screw math, try to get good grades on your other subjects instead.

While I agree with some of your statements I have to say you're wrong on maths being senseless and stupid, construction work needs maths, science needs maths, programming needs maths, so it's far from useless, I agree it is difficult and I suck at it, so yeah count me in the people who suck/failed at maths, I can't remember I've ever passed a maths test, on the other hand I passed anything else with little difficulty (except advanced programming in one of my later schools, which required maths) I quit caring about maths anymore, it's hopeless, I basically gave up on it, it's an obstacle that I can't surmount.

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 07:05:26 (edited 2015-04-21 07:09:53)

I have a learning disability and passed the 9th grade easy. Math is my worst subject

If you have to do it again, just give it your 100%!

Like @LavaWave said you need math if you want to learn a trade. My current goal is to become a Journeyman electrician and you definitely need math to figure out how many feet of EMT yer gonna need to make that run from the box to the bakery. Luckily, it's mostly simple math.

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 07:05:55 (edited 2015-04-21 07:06:25)

At 4/21/15 04:10 AM, ZE13 wrote:

Probably because you're not paying attention in class which is why you're failing math in the first place.

You don't have a job. Your job is getting good grades.

So how about you quit dicking around and actually focus on that bullshit so you get it the fuck over with. Your math teacher will stop hating you, your grades won't be as shitty as they are now, it'll be great.

I promise you the skill of math will come in handy, and you'll feel more fulfilled by doing so.

SEEK TUTORS IF YOU CAN'T MATH ON YOUR OWN. YOU HAVE RESOURCES AT YOUR DISPOSAL MORE RELIABLE THAN THE GODDAMNED GENERAL BBS.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 07:14:07

At 4/21/15 07:05 AM, Phobotech wrote:
SEEK TUTORS IF YOU CAN'T MATH ON YOUR OWN. YOU HAVE RESOURCES AT YOUR DISPOSAL MORE RELIABLE THAN THE GODDAMNED GENERAL BBS.

This. If you've got enough time to waste here on newgrounds, you've got time to figure out where things went wrong. Best advice: Go back to when you started getting problems. Even if you have to do 2nd grade math. find an old textbook at a thrift store or yard sale and start practicing.
If your average is close enough, you can probably pass the class.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 07:15:40

well you're going to need to be a bit more specific than that, "math" is quite a large area

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 07:19:14

Math is so hard, but it gets better in 10th grade, trust me!

BBS Signature

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 07:57:08

What I did when I was failing math for my first semester in high school was request my teacher to give me the oppurtunity to redo the assignments I've failed on, so basically I had to start the semester over, and because of my hard work, I succeeded.

If you are failing at a class, it is your own damn fault. Shut up.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 08:20:19

You are failing for being lazy

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 09:44:04

I had trouble with maths in secondary school, I just chose to move down to a class that is going at a slower pace

420 blaze it

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 10:23:37

Stop smoking pot.

problem solved

BBS Signature

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 10:49:42

Are you taking Algebra or pre-Algebra? Those are both simple math subjects. Now, Trig can be a challenge.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 16:06:39

Math sucks. No one likes it except for weirdos.

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 16:20:47

If you can't teach yourself (and by that I mean you're not able to understand math books or online resources), you're going to have to find a tutor who lives nearby. There's just no other way. It's really ineffective for someone who doesn't live nearby to tutor you because you likely need a lot of one-on-one time.

Ask your neighbors. Ask students in higher grades. Ask around at a public library. Any decent person at a public library should be at least happy to help a student who is trying to learn, at least if they're not too busy. At the very least they should be able to point you in the direction of someone who can help you. They don't have to be a teacher or a professional.

Also ignore the people saying math is stupid and blah blah -- they don't know what they're talking about and were admittedly bad at math themselves.

The good thing here is it appears you want to learn. You are asking for help instead of giving up. That is respectable. But unfortunately I just don't think people on the Internet will be of much help compared to an in-person tutor, which is what you really need.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 16:40:50

broo dont worry just keep bullshiting your way out of it. besides your in high school you might wont have to worry that much when you graduate depending on what college you are going to

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 16:43:57

Focus harder in your class work.

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 17:08:12

9th grade? It's just fucking algebra 1. You'll get it eventually.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 17:14:22

just buy a math dictionary and read it over a few times fucking noob

C C

the trolls king of kings

BBS Signature

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 17:18:13

At 4/21/15 04:10 AM, ZE13 wrote: I can't get a tutor

LIES

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 17:25:36

At 4/21/15 04:48 AM, satanbrain wrote:
Perhaps.
Your teacher probably doesn't care.
Is anyone here good at math
Yes.

No.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 17:30:21

I dunno.

Sucks. Many of mine did as well.

Vixuzar is right, better than 0.

I could help. Algebra, Geometry, what?

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 17:44:15

>math
>hard

Pick one

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to I'm failing math... 2015-04-21 17:48:21

step 1: learn german
step 2: watch videos from this guy